Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Kildare Co Co have given the green light also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

iano.p wrote: »
    Kildare Co Co have given the green light also

Yes but, as per Leinster Leader not all of it's got the go-ahead.

The part between Athy & Jerusalem (Boarding Kennels) has been refused.

Why? Because it's subject to flooding.

Full story here > https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/298726/planning-granted-for-kildare-section-of-blueway.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Would anyone on here know who to contact to get rid of junkies needles?
    It seems over the last few days the lanes around us have become the place for these fcukers to shoot up an leave there needles after.
    I don't really want to go near them even with gloves on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

It seems over the last few days the lanes around us have become the place for these fcukers to shoot up an leave there needles after.

I rang the council about the same issue before and they sent someone out to deal with it

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Whatever you don't go near them you really don't want to get an accidental needle stick.

The council are closed for the weekend you could try the Garda station they at the very least may have a car regularly drive by while out on patrol for while to try and put them off using there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

the environmental Dept in the council can and will deal with them they're very good.

could you pm me the location please I work with drug users and I'm interested as to where they may be using?

patrickc wrote: »
    the environmental Dept in the council can and will deal with them they're very good.

could you pm me the location please I work with drug users and I'm interested as to where they may be using?

It's over a year now but anyway, the place I reported was the lane at the back of raths shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

patrickc wrote: »

Owryan wrote: »
    It's over a year now but anyway, the place I reported was the lane at the back of raths shop.

It would be the same general area Staplestown rd.
    I have counted 11 syringes in the last 4/5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

It would be the same general area Staplestown rd.
    I have counted 11 syringes in the last 4/5 days.

thanks for that will do a run around next week

The council will send someone out. I have loads of hassle at the moment I am unlucky enough to have two empty house behind me. I see the junkies going in every day. Some are the same ones that hang around raths/bull ring area. You would be surprised at the people that use these houses and what they get up too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Well OPs.. I live in Clayton Court and the amount of junkies coming in around the estate is a joke.. They come in and jump a wall out the back to get into an empty house that faces Luigis chipper.. The guards have been told time and time again but they haven't been up.. It's only gonna get worse with summer on the way

The guards have been told time and time again but they haven't been up..

They only came to ours if they people enter our property. My work van and shead have both been damaged in the last 16 months it's been going on that long. There numbers only seem to be getting worse

I'm in that area as well and reading this yesterday I had a look this afternoon myself and found a few syringes I've taken some pic's and if I get a chance in the morning after work I'll drop into the council office and tell them where I saw them and ask for them to clean up and maybe take a look around the lanes in that area while they are at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BB2011

It's getting worse and worse in this town. You can't walk down Tullow Street without being harassed for money now. There's always a group of them outside Dealz. I avoid that area like the plague now.

Edit; I just saw this was already discussed a few pages back. Bit late to the party!

So I called into the Council office this morning first thing showed them the pictures of the syringes gave them the details on where there are and left my details if the couldn't find them to contact me.

Close of business today they are still there hopefully they get picked up before the snow falls and covers them and kids out making snowmen or snow balls accidentally get stuck.

I'm away now for a few days and won't there to show them if they turn up tomorrow.

If you have kids in that area spoken about be safe with them and maybe pass details onto friends and neighbors as well.

A nice man from the council's environmental Dept contacted me this morning and called up early I showed him where the syringes were he found burned spoons as well and few more things he took pictures and cleared up.

Great job done all round.

A nice man from the council's environmental Dept contacted me this morning and called up early I showed him where the syringes were he found burned spoons as well and few more things he took pictures and cleared up.

There is a man in a white pick up comes to us when we find them. He is very nice and will call back every few days to look around. There is feck all else to do about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Is Tesco open today, anyone know?

votecounts wrote: »
    Is Tesco open today, anyone know?

As per their Twitter "All Tesco stores will remain closed today, Friday 2nd March due to the continued difficult weather conditions across the country. We have taken this decision in the interest of the safety of our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Stores will re-open tomorrow Saturday, 3rd March".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

Carlow Stove Centre was near the Hacketstown Rd Roundabout but I think they might be gone from there. Would anyone know please if they've moved elsewhere?

• Advertisement

Word up this evening. ALDI're Open til 9pm tonight as usual but, unlike Tesco they've milk....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Word up this evening. ALDI're Open til 9pm tonight as usual but, unlike Tesco they've milk....

Herself went to Dunnes at 2 yesterday, queues were huge at the checkout but at least you could get into the shop and get a trolley unlike other places around the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

at least you could get into the shop and get a trolley unlike other places around the country.

Much more convenient system in Tallaght where you could get into shops and get stuff without using a trolley, the front doors........... or even a wallet!

NCT in Carlow tomorrow, anyone know of a motorfactors/garage who might replace a bulb for me coz its right up against battery and I cant fit my hand in and I'm not risking disconnecting battery myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Samdog

Halfords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Samdog wrote: »
    Halfords

Never even thought of that. Great, thanks! :)

Body of a man discovered in the county today; indications are he died of hypothermia.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Vetch wrote: »
    Carlow Stove Centre was near the Hacketstown Rd Roundabout but I think they might be gone from there. Would anyone know please if they've moved elsewhere?

They are down behind the maxol station on the O'Brien Road.

Anyone know if it's possible to repair PS4 controllers, or if someone in town does it?

Or would it be cheaper to buy new ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,601 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Fella preaching Islam at the taxi rank this afternoon. A few local “characters” debating away with him. Does anyone know how long this has been going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Fella preaching Islam at the taxi rank this afternoon. A few local “characters” debating away with him. Does anyone know how long this has been going on?

Since around 610CE :D

Advertisement