Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Nokia6230i wrote: »

PLUS he'll automatically qualify remission which is, I think one third.

It's a quarter off but the rest is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭DancingHomer

Owryan wrote: »
    Would you care to offer an opinion yourself?

An opinion on the Sugar Factory?

No. I have no opinion. I didn't grow up in Carlow, or work in the Sugar Factory.

It's an interesting article.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Jennifer Murnane-O’Connor is one of the ten Senators who voted against holding a referendum on Eighth Amendment last night.
    It was pasted 35 to 10.
    So she is one of ten people not democratically elected that voted against citizens of this Country not being allowed to have a democracy!
    Think about that the next time she or her supports knock on your door.

• Advertisement

So that's 3 representatives of ff in the Carlow/Kilkenny constituancy who have opposed the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Only 3 of the 14 FF Senators voted for.

It looks like FF as a party don't want people of Ireland to have a say in what their Constitution should say.

No doubt they will also have the cheek to nominate Bertie as their choice for President as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Moghead

Owryan wrote: »
    So that's 3 representatives of ff in the Carlow/Kilkenny constituancy who have opposed the bill.

Would that be Murnane O'Conner, Aylward and McGuinness?

Moghead wrote: »
    Would that be Murnane O'Conner, Aylward and McGuinness?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

As an aside ones "local" Senator'd a video up of the vote on Tuesday night, it was about 30 mins. long & incl. her contribution at the beginning.

It's since been taken down and those who commented on her selective appreciation of democracy have since been banned/restricted from commenting at all on her page....

• Advertisement

€1.6m in cash and drugs found in a house on the Tullow Rd this evening by Gardai with the assistance of Europol agents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

€1.6m in cash and drugs found in a house on the Tullow Rd this evening by Gardai with the assistance of Europol agents.

And still they can't pin you down!

One of the Laois GAA players was badly assaulted in town at the Potato Market last night by a group of assailants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

One of the Laois GAA players was badly assaulted in town at the Potato Market last night by a group of assailants.

Young Graigecullen player....came on as a sub in both matches against Carlow over the last 2 weekends.

Absolute scumbags. Hope they're caught!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭HughCassidy

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Young Graigecullen player....came on as a sub in both matches against Carlow over the last 2 weekends.

Absolute scumbags. Hope they're caught!

Hope he will come out of it okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Sad too see something like this happen. Hopefully he makes a full recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Wonder was he attacked because he is a Laois player?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Fairly widely known who is responsible, 3 lads from carlow. Rumour is they went up to him and asked him did he play for Graig and Laois and when he said yeah they attacked him. Total scumbags the 3 of them, would have seen some of them in action for Dolmen Celtic if anyone plays a bit of sunday league.

Fairly widely known who is responsible, 3 lads from carlow. Rumour is they went up to him and asked him did he play for Graig and Laois and when he said yeah they attacked him. Total scumbags the 3 of them, would have seen some of them in action for Dolmen Celtic if anyone plays a bit of sunday league.

Christ that's frightening. The feral scumbag population in Carlow are having a disproportionate negative influence on the town's safety and reputation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

road_high wrote: »
    Christ that's frightening. The feral scumbag population in Carlow are having a disproportionate negative influence on the town's safety and reputation.

I really couldn't have put it any better.
    There are so many of them around this small town.

• Advertisement

I really couldn't have put it any better.
    There are so many of them around this small town.

Yep. Badly time for a clean up, Gardaon't have enough power unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

If its not scumbags doing this, then they are begging also. Getting worse every week. Lock them up and throw away the key

Long shot but there was a meeting in Askea Parish Community Centre on Monday night about social housing being planned by Carlow Co. Co. for the Pollerton Rd. area.

Am trying to find out organisers of it, who sat at the top table, who chaired the meeting, whether there were minutes taken as to what will happen now/subsequently.

Rang the centre itself but they just said the notice was printed in a parish newsletter and couldn't give me a name, phone number or e-mail.

Also trying to find out which political representatives were present from the local area too.

PM me if preferred. Thanks.

Hestons is closing down in the Fairgreen big signs up everything must go.

Hestons is closing down in the Fairgreen big signs up everything must go.

Rebranding as Sports Direct & USC once sale concludes.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Long shot but there was a meeting in Askea Parish Community Centre on Monday night about social housing being planned by Carlow Co. Co. for the Pollerton Rd. area.

Am trying to find out organisers of it, who sat at the top table, who chaired the meeting, whether there were minutes taken as to what will happen now/subsequently.

Rang the centre itself but they just said the notice was printed in a parish newsletter and couldn't give me a name, phone number or e-mail.

Also trying to find out which political representatives were present from the local area too.

PM me if preferred. Thanks.

I don't recall seeing it in the parish newsletter but you can find the archive here which may give some information

http://www.askeaparish.ie/parish-newsletter/

I thought it was the housing association An Tintean (I may have spelt it incorrectly) which was involved in this project

That rapist and attempted murderer got 18 years today.

Bastard got off lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭BabyWillis

18 years

While 18 years seems high, in reality it's "only" 13.5 with a quarter off for remission.

The law & justice are separate bedfellows.

Remission is a thing you're automatically granted; you get it before you set foot in the door.

He dodged that rarest of things today in a life sentence for rape, which I felt was justified given the aggravating factor of assault by pleading guilty (he was bang to rights in terms of CCTV & DNA) and expressing remorse.

Judges need to stop taking these into account; they're self-serving.

Last time somebody got life they appealed it....and won and the guy got released last year.

This man will inevitably appeal on grounds of severity; I hope the COA decide that the ultimate length of time he'll take wasn't severe enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

It is a travesty that you can ruin someone’s life, then when facing justice you plead guilty and instruct your solicitor to express your genuine remorse and somehow receive credit for that.

Advertisement