Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I see the old Mill at Millford has gone up for sale and a few others around the same area.

Has someone let slip on planning or are they all owned by the same family? Usually you see that kind of action when folks get word of a new road or similar going in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

iwillhtfu wrote:
    I see the old Mill at Millford has gone up for sale and a few others around the same area.

All one family. Charles Alaxander died earlier this year. He was the biggest landowner in the area

iano.p wrote: »
    All one family. Charles Alaxander died earlier this year. He was the biggest landowner in the area

The kids are cashing in so. They were quick to sell I'd be curious as to how uch the Mill is going for? I think it was the first hydro electric pant in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    The kids are cashing in so. They were quick to sell I'd be curious as to how uch the Mill is going for? I think it was the first hydro electric pant in Ireland.

He got involved in a double or quits property investment but that may not be the reason he is selling . They kept the place nice around there .
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/business/court-finds-farmer-was-not-mis-sold-investment-400381.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

New Funeral Parlour opening on Station Rd./St. Josephs Rd.; Burke-McDermotts (the latter of the Sherry Fitz McDermotts on Barrack St.).

Interesting location and offers competition to the established players in the market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is it going in the the big house that has been renovated over the last few years on the corner across from the Railway station entrance?

That is the only place I can think it might go into.

I see Carlow coatings is moving from Graiguecullen over to Strawhill ind est.

Is it going in the the big house that has been renovated over the last few years on the corner across from the Railway station entrance?

That is the only place I can think it might go into.

That's exactly where it is; that property has changed hands and had a number of uses in the last 8 years, most recently by the CBS as offices and for car parking.

However I **think** there may've been a land swap with them; there'd be planning permission sought, and refused, for a similar business (funeral home) on Old Dublin Rd. past SVDP on R.H.S. by McDermotts in 2017.

This property is now in ownership of/leased by CBS and may well be used as staff parking down the line.

Few Planning Permissions.

The IT applied for (and was refused about a month ago), an extension on to what I presume was a previously granted order sought by them for a chunk of student accommodation on site.

I say on site because in it is used the phrase "entrance from existing road..."

13 no. 3 bed (type A) 2 storey dwellings, 32 no. 3 bed (type B) semi detached 2 storey terraced dwellings, 20 no. 3 bed (type B) semi detached 2 storey dwellings.

Based on single occupancy that's 39 + 96 + 60 students = 195 or double occupancy'd be 390; they may well go for dormitory type rooms with bunk beds to increase this again.

With the South Sports Campus being developed and the quantities of housing requested my best guess is the current rugby pitch and clubhouse, GAA field and stand and the soccer/football pitches (incl. astroturf) are all in peril?

On basis of the reference number beginning with a 13 I presume these things've a 5 year shelf life?

So it's back to drawing board and submit a brand new planning permission; forward planning's great but things're tightening up locally and contracting further each September.

On site accommodation brings with it a premium too so it's a money spinner for the college in the long term.

Also, and this may or may not be related to the delay in opening the Tyndall College site (Sept. 18 is now January 2019 which may become Easter/April/Springtime 2019 or possibly not til September 2019) but KCETB've submitted plans for "the construction of 6 no. prefabricated temporary general classrooms and all associated site and development works".

Whether this is going to be on new site or old/present one I don't know.

• Advertisement

Wallace & her gang're up @ New Oak Estate again this afternoon "peacefully protesting" against a caravan being removed and a "family being made homeless".

Caravan'd no right or permission being on the land; PBP seem to think such planning rules don't apply.

Shouts of "Don't touch me, I'm a witness" from Ms. Wallace and more bellyaching about "Squatters rights" and some mention of court action involved.

Haranguing the Gardai and Council officilal/s doing their job; fishwives wouldn't be up to it.

Nothing learnt from Summer 2017; another fake protest to make her presence known/be "relevant"

https://www.facebook.com/AdriennePBPA/

Ms. Wallace is the PBFP/PB4P candidate in the constituency for the next General Election..................

Nokia6230i wrote: »

I just had a look at that page and for the sake of your own blood pressure don't take a peek. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

They must all work shift then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Nokia6230i wrote:
    Wallace & her gang're up @ New Oak Estate again this afternoon "peacefully protesting" against a caravan being removed and a "family being made homeless".

No family at all been homeless. The kids in the caravan don't live in they live in a house in the estate. Many many people in new oak have issues with the caravan and the only resident in it. Wallace was been a right muppet and I can't wait till she knocks my door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

iano.p wrote: »
    No family at all been homeless. The kids in the caravan don't live in they live in a house in the estate. Many many people in new oak have issues with the caravan and the only resident in it. Wallace was been a right muppet and I can't wait till she knocks my door

Should know by now, not to let truth get in the way of an anti capitalist/gardai/gubberment protest. That Wallace one spends her day looking for stuff to get angry over rather than doing something productive.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Owryan wrote: »
    Should know by now, not to let truth get in the way of an anti capitalist/gardai/gubberment protest. That Wallace one spends her day looking for stuff to get angry over rather than doing something productive.

Because that's a lot easier than doing stuff constructive for yourself or others...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

I was in Carlow today. Thought Tullow St was dead compared to High St in Kilkenny. Carlow is a fine town. Would love to see it have a vibrant Main Street. Just not sure how it will happen. ☹️
    Was in the Little Irish Shop on Castle St. curious mix of products. Nice to see them open and helping to bring life to a street quieter than even Tullow St.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

This is a public forum, you shouldn't make statements unless you written sources to back them up.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Anyone at/going to Borris Fair today?

From there so have skin in the game.

For first time in a long time there wasn't a dickie bird in the Nationalist this week about it; they generally use a stock photo from 80s & 90s and bang on about road closures/diversions; again it's an old article that can be rehashed annually.

Attended the special meeting in council chambers for presidential hopefuls today.

Four out of the five showed up; the quality of number four left a bit to be desired; he made Kevin Sharkey look rational and credible.

With the national medias focus on us some of the Cllrs. showed themselves up for the incompetent buffoons they really are and who only get re-elected time and again because of who they're connected to or they got the pothole fixed (they didn't) or they got me a medical card or a council house etc.

It was scarily embarrassing.....and the national media were there in their droves to witness it all.

I think the most moronic, idiotic, without naming him, is a FF Cllr. from Muine Bheag based on his contributions today.

• Advertisement

Royal Apartments complex and the associated ground floor retail units, office space (Jobs Club; another f*****g quango) up the back of it that borders Tullys Travel I think?) and 370 car parking spaces to go to auction for 1.2 Million on Thursday the 20th of September.

Good luck to whoever buys that; those units've never been commercially filled properly since Thai Spa place moved out; Eigse are a charity and they went within a week to a fortnight of Eigse finishing this year with no forwarding address posted in their windows/door and nothing on social media and no replies to e-mails about where they are now, where they've relocated to.

Turns out they're working from home currently; would make one wonder about the financial viability of them having an actual office if they can work from home with their up to 10 full & part time staff; they could surely have a group meeting in the LEO or Co. Co. building as and when reqd.?

Kathleen Funchions office on Dublin St. which was also vacated at beginning of June; Fussy Galore, after vacating her premises further down the street and withdrawing due to rates/rent etc. and deciding to target the theatre/TV/film etc. market for vintage clothing is now taking over that building; it also offers accommodation above it (two floors above ground floor.

Lastly the Repository Building on College St. which is Parish property is up for lease; it was residential about 30, maybe 40 years ago but has most recently been occupied by Glór Ceatharlach/Pan Celtic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

Lastly the Repository Building on College St. which is Parish property is up for lease; it was residential about 30, maybe 40 years ago but has most recently been occupied by Gleatharlach/Pan Celtic.

I was using a room in this building for approx a year, I hope they have done some work to the building, it was not very habitable judging by the pictures nothing has been done to it.

I see a couple of caravans have moved into the waste land at the new road across from Fruit Hill. It took longer than I thought it would to be honest.

patrickc wrote: »
    I was using a room in this building for approx a year, I hope they have done some work to the building, it was not very habitable judging by the pictures nothing has been done to it.

The games room? The one with the snooker/pool table?

Curtains're drawn back and tis totally empty; no chairs in it, nothing.

I remember being in & out of Glor Ceatharlach/Pan Celtic upstairs and thinking it was a bit pokey upstairs.

Wondering why the Parish aren't selling it; could they stand to benefit if they held onto it and the Crottys site got sold/knocked down for parking.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Can anyone recommend a where I could get some Isopropyl (rubbing alcohol)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Anyone know who might put up post and rail fence. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

The games room? The one with the snooker/pool table?

Curtains're drawn back and tis totally empty; no chairs in it, nothing.

I remember being in & out of Glor Ceatharlach/Pan Celtic upstairs and thinking it was a bit pokey upstairs.

Wondering why the Parish aren't selling it; could they stand to benefit if they held onto it and the Crottys site got sold/knocked down for parking.....?

No I had the use of a room upstairs, it needs a good lick of paint and I'd imagine the flat roof over the hall is still leaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Ms2011 wrote: »

I used to get this before in pharmacies/chemists in Kilkenny but this was years ago (for cleaning CPU sockets) so unless it is a controlled substance these days, you might be in luck (better again if you know someone in there)

PBPs Chief Agitator who organised the Summer protests of 2017 and 2018 was out and about Saturday plastering "People need to live here" notices onto derelict properties.

Unsure of how many and where (think someone mentioned on her page the Laurels and John Sweeney, possibly Willow Pk.) but I did notice 2-3, maybe 4 on the flat roofed derelict properties that were CPO'd by the council in the last 2-3, maybe even 4 or 5 years on Barrack focking Street.

She clearly hasn't read the My Carlow plans and also economics isn't her or her parties strong point.

Politically irrelevant and socially toxic to the electorate in the constituency much less in what could be her LEA (or at least she stands a better chance) if she didn't see running for the council as being beneath her; empty vessels make the most noise it appears......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Ms2011 wrote: »

How much do you need? I may be able to get some.

Advertisement