Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

How much do you need? I may be able to get some.

Suppose about a litre

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭rule supreme

Hi , does anyone know where i can get kefir or kombucha in Tullow or Carlow .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Maybe try the health store place in the Fairgreen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Please tell me I wasn't the only one who had to Google what both of those terms meant......

Hadn't an iota if we were talking about food or something else entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Please tell me I wasn't the only one who had to Google what both of those terms meant......

Hadn't an iota if we were talking about food or something else entirely.

Havent googled yet is it tea or coffee?

• Advertisement

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Havent googled yet is it tea or coffee?

One's milk; the other's tea so I guess the person seeking 'em doesn't even bother with the Lyons/Barrys argument.

I actually dont know much about them myself , just was recommended them ,they are supposed to be good for the immune system .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

You can get Kefir in most of the bigger Tesco's usually in the Polish section of the refrigerator aisles so you might be able to get it there, its definitely in the Carlow store if you're ever in the town.

I actually dont know much about them myself , just was recommended them ,they are supposed to be good for the immune system .

Won't lie; on first viewing I thought it was one of those "Drink Tea and s***e yourself thin" products you see the gullible f-wits falling for on FB......

Won't lie; on first viewing I thought it was one of those "Drink Tea and s***e yourself thin" products you see the gullible f-wits falling for on FB......

I hope they are not like that rubbish off facebook .

• Advertisement

Scraggs wrote: »
    You can get Kefir in most of the bigger Tesco's usually in the Polish section of the refrigerator aisles so you might be able to get it there, its definitely in the Carlow store if you're ever in the town.

Thanks for your help .

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Moghead

Health food shop next to penny's would have kombucha I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Smitherines

Moghead wrote: »
    Health food shop next to penny's would have kombucha I'd say.

I’ve seen Kombucha in SuperValu in Tullow. It was refrigerated by the bakery section when you first walk in the shop.

I’ve seen Kefir in the Carlow town Lidl too but don’t know if they always have it in stock.

Passed by Centra/Specsavers few times during week; saw a young (ish; she's 33-34 by my Maths; I know her name, she was arrested in 2010 along with 2 other females and 8 males incl. Scatter Doyle and others for dealing in heroin.) lady and middle-aged to elderly (ish) man begging along side each other.

They're clearly known to each other and acting in cahoots.

Since then for last couple of days she's engaging in this alone.

Down outside of Carlow S.C. there's another lad begging away there almost f/t now and then there's the f-t patch @ Dealz (same guy also has begging rights outside of Carlow Cathedral at 10am Mass during week it seems as well as all Masses @ the weekend).

Sooner these begging bye-laws, if they're worth paper printed on, come into play the better; suit the gobdaws handing them money better to spend it in the shops providing employment and paying rates & overheads.

The local PBFP Chief Antagonist/Agitator was part of an occupation in Waterford over night; a 24 hour occupation of a Presbytery.

She was joined by another PBFP member now living in Carlow, a PBFP LE 2019 Candidate for Kilkenny and a PBFP member from Waterford who, I think, previously ran in LEs 2014 or GE 2016 or both and was handed theirs on either/both occasion.

Our PBP wan is also a failed GE candidate; 2015 (Bye), 2016 and now she wants another go in GE 2021......won't run for council though; must think it's beneath her?

If you scroll down their Take Back the City Waterford Facebook page to 13:28 yesterday they say "The support is amazing! Lots of people stopping by to sign our petition to demand the government to open the properties! #TakeBackTheCity".

Yet the photos themselves tell a slightly different story! :)

Link here > https://www.facebook.com/TBTCWaterford/?hc_ref=ARTaCbmuVrtCnNiw5v3lWEK96CVJ6vYYo5Vbk_4WvZIZtk_k7-EDTB4W6W7evao4pOs&fref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARDB80vsor8n35buW1YTGKmit3NJ3AqHe0eQOeHuHHKxORgZRtkQ-Cg-fzOvAKkVllcUiZFQKHlm7JoTvXexTN271CT5LMUkbkanTdtmaGWB_yRICJKMp7G3DIm_VIqQFMjh-1wX--GKxCxQrBVcNG5LLEXM-shAw0g6bQc1ePvtnb95nYWa&__tn__=kC-R

Expect possibly property occupations in the constituency; the only benefit seems to be increased publicity for those involved for their runs in LE & GE respectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

I see Operation Thor/Storm has arrested the same group of people it arrests every time it's in town I wonder will any of these people ever actually be prosecuted and do prison time or just continue to get slaps on the wrists by the judges.Got to feel sorry for the Gardai arresting the same people week in week out month in month out year in year out and never seeing them punished.

I see Operation Thor/Storm has arrested the same group of people it arrests every time it's in town I wonder will any of these people ever actually be prosecuted and do prison time or just continue to get slaps on the wrists by the judges.

Got to feel sorry for the Gardai arresting the same people week in week out month in month out year in year out and never seeing them punished.

Haven't heard any names yet......PM me maybe?

But yes, I'm with you on the other bit; open the Nationalist of a Tuesday and if you see a jail sentence being handed down it's news worthy so rare is it.

Last week the local armed robber was up for various crimes incl. a smash and grab of a handbag from a car in Carlow Cathedral car park, smoking heroin in an abandoned house (one of many on that stretch) on Staplestown Rd., robbing a bottle of vodka from Tesco and Beauty Republic theft on Burrin St.

Suspended sentence.....

You'd wonder sometimes why Gardai bother.

Homesavers're coming to Carlow; opening in Penny Lane (old L&N) on Thursday the 1st of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I have to wonder does the town really need another one of these cut price store.

I have to wonder does the town really need another one of these cut price store.

Agreed; we've Mr. Price, Euro Giant (2 Stores), Dealz and would the Range come into this too?

Any others?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Agreed; we've Mr. Price, Euro Giant (2 Stores), Dealz and would the Range come into this too?

Any others?

The army surplus shop sells cheap tools and DIY stuff so you could probably throw it in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

I see Operation Thor/Storm has arrested the same group of people it arrests every time it's in town I wonder will any of these people ever actually be prosecuted and do prison time or just continue to get slaps on the wrists by the judges.Got to feel sorry for the Gardai arresting the same people week in week out month in month out year in year out and never seeing them punished.

100%. Serial offenders time and time again. The same solicitors in the paper defending them and then out they get to re offend again. Personal experience of this.

Local PBP Chief Agitator has decided to lower her ambitions and is running for council in Carlow LEA......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Where would be the demographic for the PBP lady? I couldn't see her canvassing in the more rural areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

madmaggie wrote: »
    Where would be the demographic for the PBP lady? I couldn't see her canvassing in the more rural areas.
    Some of the rural areas can be pretty disadvantaged too

Majority of Carlow LEA is urban; think it stretches as far as Tinryland (or a part of) though.

She won't be well got in rural parts; she'll probably occupy a farmers cow shed to solve the homeless crisis....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Local PBP Chief Agitator has decided to lower her ambitions and is running for council in Carlow LEA......

As if Carlow cc hadn’t enough whack jobs wasting democratic space in the Chamber. What’s another one?
    She’s fairly high profile, do you think she’ll get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

madmaggie wrote: »

Clearly the many LA estates in the town are sadly where her conspiracy theorist views might gain the most traction- those looking for all the easy answers (apart from getting a job, obviously)!

road_high wrote: »
    As if Carlow cc hadn’t enough whack jobs wasting democratic space in the Chamber. What’s another one?
    She’s fairly high profile, do you think she’ll get in?

As per Road High there's a possibility yes; could she take Cllr. Laceys seat?

She may only be barely in her chair before she's away off canvassing for a General Election as she's their candidate for that in the constituency too; can't see their selection process having had too many people putting their hands up in fairness so it may'v been her or nobody.

John Pender might be an option; 35 years a Cllr. and at the August meeting for Presidential Nominees the only question he asked all 4 candidates was who'd they vote for in 2011.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Any word of who will run in the southern part of the county? Probably the usual suspects. Maybe a far left or right to liven things up.

Advertisement