Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

radharc wrote: »
    I think they should have gone for "roughest town in Ireland", what a horrible day it was.

I didn't go down to the parade in town was it the usual knacker fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭votecounts

Didn't go this year, how bad was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

Ah it was probably the same as always but it just seemed worse. I was thinking if a tourist happened to see some of the carry-on they would wonder what the hell was going on.

I saw a fight in Mr. Price carpark, in fairness there was a large Garda presence and they were on top of it straight away. Just a really nasty vibe in the town over the past year I think. You would never feel anything similar in Kilkenny, Naas etc

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

3 kids arrested for spraying foam on people, there seemed to be a fair collection of those gurriers around this year. The footpaths on Tullow St and Dublin St were narrow with the barriers so it was hard to dodge them when they were running around. Other then that I didn't see anything of note and got no bad vibe at all. Parade was ok but I do think they could get a lot more organisations in it if they pushed it more. Most of the sports clubs in town were not involved aside from the GAA clubs.

Personnally I prefer the Graigue parade, just a walk around that side of the river that ends at the church. Maybe because its earlier in the morning but the atmosphere is always better

WaffleSundae.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

WaffleSundae.jpg

Where???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Random waffle thread..

Random waffle thread..

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Has anyone else seen the guy cycling around the town in all the high viz gear.

On the back of his flash jacket it has State Street written on it with council and Garda also there.

What job is he doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Ever wonder why Sen. Murnane O'Connor's not sent out to bat for Fianna Fail on the national airwaves? Her piece to camera for Carlow Credit Union's a perfect example > https://www.facebook.com/carlowcu/videos/306729036680881/

It's brutal; surely if she was being sincere and honest there'd be no need to constantly look down and refer to a script like?

She either believes in it and can quote reasons from memory or she's b/s'ing her way through it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Does anyone know if any of the gyms in Carlow do Crossfit?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Ever wonder why Sen. Murnane O'Connor's not sent out to bat for Fianna Fail on the national airwaves? Her piece to camera for Carlow Credit Union's a perfect example > https://www.facebook.com/carlowcu/videos/306729036680881/

It's brutal; surely if she was being sincere and honest there'd be no need to constantly look down and refer to a script like?

She either believes in it and can quote reasons from memory or she's b/s'ing her way through it.

Sweet Jesus. We all know she ain’t the sharpest tool in the box (just like the loons that vote for her) but if she can’t ad lib an ad like that at this stage there is something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,598 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

road_high wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus. We all know she ain’t the sharpest tool in the box (just like the loons that vote for her) but if she can’t ad lib an ad like that at this stage there is something wrong.

She worked in a shoe shop before and by all accounts even that was above her capabilities :-o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Not that I am aware of but alot of new ones have opened up recently, I have seen some of the members in empower fitness doing the crossfit 19.x challenges though if that is any use?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

So bad it's funny. This lady wants to represent us in the Dail? That'll do wonders for the image of the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Valhalla in Tullow will be soon as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Nead21 wrote: »
    Valhalla in Tullow will be soon as far as I know.

Was just logging in to post that as seen it on his insta story yesterday.. :)

madmaggie wrote: »
    So bad it's funny. This lady wants to represent us in the Dail? That'll do wonders for the image of the county.

In the Seanad ;) Has major designs on the Dail but unlilely John McGuinness or Bobby Alyward will give up any votes to let that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,598 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

In the Seanad ;) Has major designs on the Dail but unlilely John McGuinness or Bobby Alyward will give up any votes to let that happen.

If you are an FF supporter councillor Fintan phelan is far more impressive than her and would do better in a general election i suspect

Fit club on the killeshin road might

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

When she first appeared in the Seanad, she tried to do her speeches off the cuff, and made a right pigs ear of it with incoherent ramblings and stuttering. So then she started reading her speeches but she still doesn't deliver them with anything that could be described as half competent oration skills.

Pat Deering is no great shake either but he isn't as bad as her, and FG did put him on the Tonight Show on Virgin Media recently where he did reasonably OK, relatively.

The worrying thing is JMO'C got more Carlow votes in the last General Election than Deering and it was the Kilkenny FG transfers that saved him. So she could win in 2020. She is seen as a hard worker for locals by many in Carlow who, with the usual typical Irish parochial attitudes, tend to confuse the objective of a general election with that of a local election. Really, the local council is the level of politics where she belongs and should stay! But Michael Martin seems to have a shine for her so she will be on the ticket!

FF don’t have three quotas here (thanks be to god) hence she was squeezed out via no transfers. The only way she can elected is to get more no 1s than her running mates in FF. And they won’t let that happen without a fight

Didn’t Wallace do one of those homeless protests lately? Up at some vacant council house or something?
    She’s from cork I only found out lately. Her accent has really assimilated into the local tongue I assumed she was pure Carlow

Didn’t Wallace do one of those homeless protests lately? Up at some vacant council house or something?
    She’s from cork I only found out lately. Her accent has really assimilated into the local tongue I assumed she was pure Carlow

2017s was the one outside the council

2018s was New Oak/caravan guy who'd parked it up illegally and was given mor than enough time to shift it by council

Perhaps you mean the stickers she & hers're going round plastering saying "People need to live here"?

Like on the derelict flat roofed houses on Barrack St. earmarked for this My Carlow plan.....

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

I've met Jennifer a couple of times and whilst I agree she is not the most polished of performers she has always struck me as a decent person. Thats a good starting point for any politician. I also saw her MC an event in the Seven Oaks last year and I have to say she was excellent at it, down to earth and humourous and she spoke very well. That video from the CU was delivered without an Autocue which is always far more difficult. Anyway, I'm sick of politicians who are polished and achieve nothing (Tony Blair springs to mind and don't get me started on Leo).

She's got a great change of getting elected because she appeals strongly to the older conservative voter and those are the people who turn up on election day. She'll clean up in Carlow town and will get a lot of transfers across the county. With Sinn Fein in chaos over the John Cassin farce she could pick up votes there as well. All politics is local and she does local very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Anyway, I'm sick of politicians who are polished and achieve nothing

As opposed to JMO'C who is unpolished and achieves nothing!

She can’t get elected unless she is well ahead of Alyward or Mcguinness. There simply isn’t the quota transfers to get three FF dinosaurs elected (thank god) no matter how many coffin dodgers they appeal to. Her deluded supporters seemed to think Ireland was a first past the post system after the last election after she didn’t get elected. She had the “man of the people” thing sewn up though I’ll give her that

There's a Renua candidate running in Tullow LEA as per this weeks paper......there was to be a Trans Person (not risking misgendering them; I genuinely don't know & can't tell) running for PBP in that district too.......now that would've been an interesting debate on air etc.

There's a Renua candidate running in Tullow LEA as per this weeks paper......there was to be a Trans Person (not risking misgendering them; I genuinely don't know & can't tell) running for PBP in that district too.......now that would've been an interesting debate on air etc.

Think that candidate also moved up from cork- must be the Wallace effect!
    I’d imagine surely if Wallace doesn’t get elected this time there’s no point and she won’t run again after that. With SF on their arse she has a good opening into that anti everything vote.

• Advertisement

Think that candidate also moved up from cork- must be the Wallace effect!
    I’d imagine surely if Wallace doesn’t get elected this time there’s no point and she won’t run again after that. With SF on their arse she has a good opening into that anti everything vote.

She does; there's that; the SF candidate was announced last week but they'll lose their seat in the town & Cassin will hold his as Ind./NP I think.?

But with ex PD Cllr. Lacey retiring she might take that seat?

Ex Cllrs. O'Neill & Fennell (FG) are going again though; it could be that one of them is returned but it won't be both and I can't see a new face (unless I'm forgetting someone!?) getting in unless Wallace or O'Neill/Fennell.

Advertisement