Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

HugoIrl wrote: »
    Photo thread is a deadly idea, definitely tempted to get out the camera & snap a few places around the county.

Well that's what we want, beauty spots of carlow. I expect to be back up there soon enough, god damn work holding me down but when i do you'll see me about, little dude big camera, wandering about.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

stick-dan wrote: »
    Well that's what we want, beauty spots of carlow. I expect to be back up there soon enough, god damn work holding me down but when i do you'll see me about, little dude big camera, wandering about.:)

Will keep an eye out for ya so! I'll be the tall guy with the small camera! Not the best photographer using the sony t-77.

Are you joining us for feb beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

How do I put photos directly into a post, as opposed to using a link to the picture.

and secondly, i tried to put a few pics into and it wouldn't let me. Does boards.ie only allow one link per thread...

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

queen-mise wrote: »
    How do I put photos directly into a post, as opposed to using a link to the picture.

and secondly, i tried to put a few pics into and it wouldn't let me. Does boards.ie only allow one link per thread...

cheers

What I do is upload my pics to 'Photobucket', tis free and you can put a lot of pics on it!

Then when its uploaded, hover over the pic with the cursor and it'll show you a number of links, click on and 'copy' the 'Direct Link' so it'll be something like this:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i306/Carlow_Pete/106_5249.jpg

You can then either type: [IMG][/IMG] and put the link in between the two with no spaces, or, theres a little picture of a mountain and sun in the toolbar above the text box, see it?........no, up a little.......to the right! Yeah, there you are! :p Click on that and paste your URL from Photobucket.

And you have a pic! ;)

You can upload 15 images per post (smileys count as images too).

HugoIrl wrote: »
    Will keep an eye out for ya so! I'll be the tall guy with the small camera! Not the best photographer using the sony t-77.

Are you joining us for feb beers?

Ya i'm the guy walking around with teh 400d with a big auld 300mm telesopic off the front :P

em i dunno work dependant dude, im based in waterford alot of the time, i have been talking with patrick about it allright.

cheers

queen-mise use www.pix.ie, it is a wonderful hosting site for all your photo's it is free and extremely easy to use.

Also the guy who owns it corresponds with the users of the photography forum here on boards and as a result when you view your photo's you can select different sizes to view them and below them you see a little box with the forum code to insert your photo's onto boards.ie so all you need to do is copy and paste.

Trust me it's the best way to go.That or flicker, although pix.ie is more intuitive and is irish also.

• Advertisement

I suddenly seem to have this uncontrollable urge to go out with a camera and take photos.

Are they any support groups for this, does anyone know

No get snapping then get upgrading camera kit then get snapping, then get upgrading camera kit, it's a vicious cycle :(

queen-mise wrote:
    Are you looking to sell - i am in the market for a nice camera.

where is Dunleckney Church and Graveyard....

Sorry queen, but we made a deal, because I have no monies I'm giving him one of my legs, its a win win! I get the camera and he gets the final part for that creature he is building! :P

All these fancy camera, I have my trusty Kodak, tis a few years old, but she does the job!

kodakb.jpg

:P I joke, mine is nearly as old!

Kodak_CX7530.jpg

Tis only 5 megapixels, but she takes a fine photo and as long as its doing the job I'll hang onto it.

Does anyone listen to KCLR? I hear they are locking 4 people into the Carlow Shopping Centre (Superquinn centre) overnight on Friday to see if they'll see any ghosts! lol, you can apply to be one of the lucky (or unlucky!) few.

hmmm now thats a thought.

Your so close to my house queen mise.

cos i am stalking you - your on my radar.... hee hee.

sneak sneak sneak

• Advertisement

you'll have some hard time read my location waterford wexford and carlow and now wicklow and dublin, i'm usually hitting all these places a week or so....good luck finding me :P

you'll have some hard time read my location waterford wexford and carlow and now wicklow and dublin, i'm usually hitting all these places a week or so....good luck finding me :P

looks like i will wait till the next drinks meet up. i will most definitely not be wearing a hat, mac and carrying a camera or sneaking, sneaking, sneaking.

looks like i will wait till the next drinks meet up. i will most definitely not be wearing a hat, mac and carrying a camera or sneaking, sneaking, sneaking.

lol... oooooooooooooookkkkk

jeez this place is quiet *leaning against wall bored* where is everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

sorry been out test driving my lovely sunny! watch out carlow!

jeez this place is quiet *leaning against wall bored* where is everyone

I'm here I'm here!!! Just finished my last day of work in county carlow.Don't know whether thats a good or bad thing????

I'm here I'm here!!! Just finished my last day of work in county carlow.Don't know whether thats a good or bad thing????

we'll soon find out wont we?

aaahhh that's great, carlow gets rid of you. brilliant days news. :D:D:D

**looks right**
    **looks left**

things are looking good with out dan still.

oh we'll see.....

*cue scary music. Much snow in the town, country side is minimal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

i'm just back from a gig in dublin last night.. i escaped Carlow again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Hid out in Navan tis weekend, was Carlow a ghost town this weekend so?

it was a frozen throne of emptiness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

The Med Bar was packed at 1am Saturday/Sunday morning anywho... dunno about anywhere else.

well for some!

I am liking this photo thread. it is fun, taking pics and putting them up. its driving my husband mad though, i quote 'did you bring me up here to take photos'. 'God no, i answered' :D:D:D:D

...durty durty, girl....

really really. I think your interpretation of my very innocent post shows more about you than about me, hah :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

really really. I think your interpretation of my very innocent post shows more about you than about me, hah :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That image of Dan and Patrick in the leather is still playing on his mind, just give him a little while to cool down! :P

• Advertisement

ew....

**reassumes the fetal position**

Advertisement