Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

patrickc wrote: »
    Are all the barbers closed now for the foreseeable?

Would appear so; quare lucky I got mine done in last fortnight; Barbero 27 (47?) was probably last to close; they only opened about a week and a bit ago too.

Podiatrists, Chiropodists, Chiropractors, Dentists, Dental Technicians, Barbers & Hairdressers, Nail Technicians, Opticians, Opthalmologists etc.'re all in positions where they'd be quite vulnerable.

What happens for those in need of a chop or trim? Both parties don a mask & gloves I guess?

Reckon I'll be going back to shaving my beard instead of trimming it if this keeps up when I'm due my quarterly visit & hope my hair doesn't grow as much now in my formerly middle age range cos it's a concern for sure; wouldn't trust myself with a hair trimmers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

Anyone know what chippers, if any, are still open in the town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Honesty if there is any still open they should be ashamed of themselves and closed down by the Gardai and the fined heavily.

D&Gs opens; think he/they opened at 3 or 5pm today; said before it was just 8pm but not sure this evening; Metro Grill on Tullow St. open too & possibly Cafe Roma?

Antonios or whatever it's called now at Mill Lane (near the Castle) is/was open to today.

Things like this will serve to one purpose though; there'll be a run on supermarkets in morning......

How bad is 1. Heroin & 2. Begging in Carlow; the latter & former're linked obviously & the Begging Bye-Laws brought in on Saturday the 1st of December 2018 seemed to clear things up for a while; but did they simply shift the problem to places like Circle K, Maxol/Mace on O'Brien Rd., LIDL, Askea Church at Mass times etc.?

Am aware of certain "hotspots" coming back into play over past 6-9 months; Centra, ALDI & Dealz for "Static" beggars but then there's also the "Mobile" ones who'll roam the streets & shopping centre car parks asking you for a few euro etc.

On the thread about social distancing it was mentioned about there being obvious dealing/selling/taking on the Road to Nowhere; any other locations where this is prevalent?

Have heard the lane behind railway station is quite, er, "popular" but other than that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well Billy Bunters is open and jam packed no social distancing going on inside there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Fast food places are allowed to be open (takeaway that is) but it's crazy if they don't have social distancing measures in place.

Mimosas on College St. was back open from Wednesday til last night for limited hours (5-9 I think) for takeaways only; t'was like Krispy Kreme on a few evenings coming down College St. with cars line up both sides; you wouldn't see it at Mass times!

Shut again now though as per their social media post.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Smoque is back open after how many years being closed.

Takeaway only and decent prices as well.

Last post before the last few days was 11th of October 2018; interesting time to reopen but presumably all the facilities're still on site & it was La Fermier in between too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

Luigi's and Billy bunters both open of an evening. they will have lost a fortune with the schools closed.

Was in the queue for Tesco earlier and the local female junkie that was in jail must have been released early was going from person to person asking for a euro for the bus no social distancing going on two women id know to see lost it with her and id say were ready to hit when the someone came out of Tesco to run her off and she went of curing everyone. Driving home about later I noticed her heading into the woodies car park heading for the only store open there. The brass neck on her also a euro for the bus and she lives in the town. She should be locked straight back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I saw a little scumbag in Tesco the other evening being asked to leave the self service check out several times as it's one person only at a till. Kicked up a fuss and was mouthing off in some language looked to be Turkish or at least that general direction. Entered again only to be asked to leave by the girl there and when leaving the dirt shouts at her I hope you catch Corona. I felt like booting him up the hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

Was in the queue for Tesco earlier and the local female junkie that was in jail must have been released early was going from person to person asking for a euro for the bus no social distancing going on two women id know to see lost it with her and id say were ready to hit when the someone came out of Tesco to run her off and she went of curing everyone. Driving home about later I noticed her heading into the woodies car park heading for the only store open there. The brass neck on her also a euro for the bus and she lives in the town. She should be locked straight back up.

The one whose initials are AR?

Fair play to ALDI staff @ their Hanover store for remembering their colleague/friend Noel Purcell who passed away on Sunday; they'd a memorial to him outside shop & another shrine to him in store too on Monday (and presumably today/tomorrow too); they plan also on standing outside to do a guard of honour as the cortege passes by Wednesday morning.

I was wondering what it was when driving past.

What a lovely tribute from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Fair play to ALDI staff @ their Hanover store for remembering their colleague/friend Noel Purcell who passed away on Sunday; they'd a memorial to him outside shop & another shrine to him in store too on Monday (and presumably today/tomorrow too); they plan also on standing outside to do a guard of honour as the cortege passes by Wednesday morning.

Ah no way, he was a nice guy. Didnt know he had passed away.

Go Safe Speed Van on L.H.S. on Barrack St.; this a first? Can't remember one being there before; it wast there yesterday (Monday) too.

Do they stick around for 2-3 days at a time or is it 4-5 or longer?

Go Safe Speed Van on L.H.S. on Barrack St.; this a first? Can't remember one being there before; it wast there yesterday (Monday) too.

Do they stick around for 2-3 days at a time or is it 4-5 or longer?

I saw one out at the MSD roundabout last week as well, never seen them there before either

interesting story in the Nationalist this week about a tanning salon where the Gardai were called last week and the owner only closed it after discussions with the Gardai. 10 women on the premises at the time. How brainless are some people??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

interesting story in the Nationalist this week about a tanning salon where the Gardai were called last week and the owner only closed it after discussions with the Gardai. 10 women on the premises at the time. How brainless are some people??

There was a similar story about a tanning salon in Waterford. They also claimed that this was all caused by 5G Broadband or something.

These tanning salon owners seem to be a bit unhinged.

Deering lost on on his cash cow after losing in the Seanad elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Deering lost on on his cash cow after losing in the Seanad elections.

He has a decent size farm. He'll be grand.

Confirmation that it wasn't AR; it was an individual (can you use the word "Dipso" on here....?) whose initials're RK & who'd be "well known to the courts"; just out of prison recently I think?

Saw same RK on Tullow St. Wednesday heading for Shamrock Sq. end on R.H.S. chunking a wrap into her face, off hers & heading for "the Priests House" in Askea to tap him up presumably; banged on about being homeless & trying to get up some money for Otterholt.

Saw same person today positively orange in make up & troweling it on despite this on Tullow St. & bellyaching at someone as she walked; again off hers.

Not homeless by a long shot; lives with her Ma according to a 3rd Party.

Bike Shops; they were given permission to open on request right?

Halfords or Colemans have no emergency contact options; front wheel's gone wobbly; it's a quick release & while I've tightened it it's not at where it should be.

Any alternatives in the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Halfords or Colemans have no emergency contact options; front wheel's gone wobbly; it's a quick release & while I've tightened it it's not at where it should be.

The only other I can think of is pedal hounds but they closed up completely yesterday.

When you say it's gone wobbly is it buckled or is it loose in the frame?

No not that one.

Confirmation that it wasn't AR; it was an individual (can you use the word "Dipso" on here....?) whose initials're RK & who'd be "well known to the courts"; just out of prison recently I think?

Saw same RK on Tullow St. Wednesday heading for Shamrock Sq. end on R.H.S. chunking a wrap into her face, off hers & heading for "the Priests House" in Askea to tap him up presumably; banged on about being homeless & trying to get up some money for Otterholt.

Saw same person today positively orange in make up & troweling it on despite this on Tullow St. & bellyaching at someone as she walked; again off hers.

Not homeless by a long shot; lives with her Ma according to a 3rd Party.

This one, I very dangerous girl as well from her past history with knives.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    The only other I can think of is pedal hounds but they closed up completely yesterday.

When you say it's gone wobbly is it buckled or is it loose in the frame?

Loose in frame; like it's sitting in where it should be & I tightened it myself using the quick release lever & the nut on other side so it's a "It'll do" job for now.

Not as wobbly since I did that but I still wouldn't trust it if that makes sense?

Had hoped Mr. Coleman might've left a mobile number on his place for exsmple.

Just an update on this; issue resolved via Coleman Cycles; can't praise Mr. Coleman enough & not just for today; he's my go-to for repairs generally; his mobile is on their Facebook & the young wan deals with social media from my interactions by PM with her anyway; she also works there on occasion too; both're pleasant enough to deal with in my experience.

• Advertisement

Advertisement