Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

For anyone needing bike repairs Coleman Cycles aren't doing them til Tuesday week the 9th of June as they play catch up.

Supermacs is back open, Tullys, Salt, Ewings & Morrisseys're all back serving takeaway; in Fairgreen there's more open than closed at this stage (clothes shops excepted in both Phase 1 & 2 of development).

Am sure I'm missing one or two pubs that've reopened to serve through a window.

Few places getting renovated while closed; Bea Nice Cafe & Lamberts Shop, Harmony Beauty Salon on Tullow St. & Devinly Tanning Salon also on Tullow St.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

So I know a few guys who work in the UK who are travelling home to Carlow next week for a weekend. To bypass the quaratine rules they are getting a ferry to Belfast and driving to Carlow. I'm not okay with this at all, surely it can't be legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Cw85 wrote: »
    So I know a few guys who work in the UK who are travelling home to Carlow next week for a weekend. To bypass the quaratine rules they are getting a ferry to Belfast and driving to Carlow. I'm not okay with this at all, surely it can't be legal.

They aren't really breaking any rules if they come down from the north. I know somebody else who has done this. It's morally wrong and a slap in the face of everybody who has kept to the guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Is Fairgreen Gamestop still closed? A few big ones in the country has been shut permanently in the last 2/3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Is the supermacs in the town centre back open? The kids have been on to me to go there when it is back.

Yeah it is as far as I know

• Advertisement

iano.p wrote: »
    Yeah it is as far as I know

It is but truncated hours; think 10 O'Clock or 11pm maximum?

Tesco're closed at 10 Bells too as I discovered this evening; legit thought they hadn't rowed back on their normal 11pm.

Altercation on Dublin St. @ 4:20pm today, Sunday the 7th of June involving 2 Men in a white jeep who got out & assaulted a woman; Gda. down the Barracks seeking witnesses and/or dashcam footage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Altercation on Dublin St. @ 4:20pm today, Sunday the 7th of June involving 2 Men in a white jeep who got out & assaulted a woman; Gda. down the Barracks seeking witnesses and/or dashcam footage.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/two-arrested-after-men-white-22155151

The two men have been arrested. The girl was a teenager.

Anyone else have info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I see Jysk https://jysk.ie/ have planning in for where the Ivy rooms is, and for the unit beside it.

I didn't know the Ivys was gone tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

I see Jysk https://jysk.ie/ have planning in for where the Ivy rooms is, and for the unit beside it.

They had a Facebook post just last week saying theyre planning for reopening the 29th of this month. Are you sure its that unit? Would be a shame to see the Ivy Rooms go, its been around forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Real Life wrote: »
    They had a Facebook post just last week saying theyre planning for reopening the 29th of this month. Are you sure its that unit? Would be a shame to see the Ivy Rooms go, its been around forever.

It certainly seems that way they even make mention of converting a snooker hall into retail warehouse use.

http://www.eplanning.ie/LaoisCC/AppFileRefDetails/20285/0

Can anyone recommend a gas boiler repair company in Carlow other than Nolan/Fenlon who I have found beyond useless when I had them out last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Anyone know if Halfords is reopening or are they done in Carlow?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jed and Dave

Sorry to interrupt does anyone know of any 5 asides starting up in carlow lunchtimes or evenings, would love a game tks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

"Carlow, Co. Laois" :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

According to the Ivy Rooms Facebook page today they are reopening on June 29th.

Yea I heard that.

http://www.eplanning.ie/LaoisCC/AppFileRefDetails/20285/0

The planning is to merge unit 7 & 8 in to one unit.
    The Ivy Rooms is unit 8, so something doesn't add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

"Carlow, Co. Laois" :mad::mad:

According to the official Eircode addresses I think pretty much everywhere in around Graiguecullen is Carlow, Co.Laois for some reason.

Real Life wrote: »
    According to the official Eircode addresses I think pretty much everywhere in around Graiguecullen is Carlow, Co.Laois for some reason.

If it's in the 'triangle' (the old village) the address will be Carlow.

If it's outside of that (2/3 of Graigue) it'll be Carlow, Laois.
    The house is in county Laois, but the postal / sorting office is Carlow.

The new houses in Killeshin opposite the Glenside have Carlow as their address for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,589 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Wifey wants to hit wetherspoons in Carlow over the wkend but no answer on their phone line

Does anyone know if it’s back open and if not, what options do we have in cw?

Is dinn ri or teach dolmen back open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Wifey wants to hit wetherspoons in Carlow over the wkend but no answer on their phone line

Does anyone know if it’s back open and if not, what options do we have in cw?

Is dinn ri or teach dolmen back open?

Wetherspoons is closed until the 20th as far as I know.

I think both of the others are open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

Reddys is back open. Prices have increased and menu is reduced, but its still great to have them back.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Considering how Wetherspoons have treated their staff, wild horses wouldn’t drag me into it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭votecounts

Reddys is back open. Prices have increased and menu is reduced, but its still great to have them back.
    do you mind me asking are you on about the drinks or food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

votecounts wrote: »
    do you mind me asking are you on about the drinks or food.

I meant the food has increased in price. I've no idea if the drink has gone up. I'd be surprised if it has stayed the same. It's a one way system as well - enter via the car park and leave via the front door. You give your name and contact number before they seat you.

Anyone know what happened with the Carlow Live news website it seems to have stopped that was a great little resource to have for the area.

Anyone know what happened with the Carlow Live news website it seems to have stopped that was a great little resource to have for the area.

Utterly bizarre alright; a reliable & accurate source of information in a world of the online rumour brigade; they, rightly, went hell for leather on Deputy Murnane O'Connor over her PPE claims but she failed to respond to their questions (and to this constituents e-mailed ones too; still waiiting....!); the last story was the 3rd of June.

Have e-mailed them directly & Iconic but no reply; we need an alternative to the online forums (not this one obviously ha ha!) and the Nationalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,589 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Wetherspoons is closed until the 20th as far as I know.

I think both of the others are open.

Rang dinn ri reception.

Dinn ri main bar closed for foreseeable.

Beer garden also closed.

Brooks cafe open and serving a reduced menu. Meals must be ordered if ordering alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Considering how Wetherspoons have treated their staff, wild horses wouldn’t drag me into it .

Couldn’t agree more .

• Advertisement

doughef wrote: »
    Couldn’t agree more .

Amazing at the time how Spoons were fawned over on & off line locally including by our current TD who was at a pre-launch party (invite only; not sure of criteria.....) but who've ignored their decision to furlough staff & use the PUP + defer paying suppliers etc.; not a peep out of same TD now.....

Advertisement