Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

Would anyone know where I could get Chimney Bird Guards and someone to put them up for me?

Would a chimney cleaner do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Would anyone know where I could get Chimney Bird Guards and someone to put them up for me?

Would a chimney cleaner do it?

You'll pick them up in any builders suppliers. Birds will be near finished nesting now so you'll be right for winter if you want to leave it on the long finger. You might get the "Howya Boss" brigade calling to the door from time to time but you may get a chimney cowl and a few loos tiles that can be fixed for cash as they're there now. :rolleyes:

Also worth keeping in mind if a non registered contractor without public liability takes a tumble on your property you may find a claim against your home insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

I see our Weather forecaster has turned into a full blown social media influencer. I visited his page for an update on todays weather, and left with a lovely impression of the Cliff House Hotel in Ardmore. Very expensive place to stay. Reduced rates must be enticing. :rolleyes:

I see our Weather forecaster has turned into a full blown social media influencer. I visited his page for an update on todays weather, and left with a lovely impression of the Cliff House Hotel in Ardmore. Very expensive place to stay. Reduced rates must be enticing. :rolleyes:

That place is pretty special they used to have a floating green about 100m offshore that you could pitch biodegradable golf balls at.

Agree though he's certainly fallen for the trappings of social media and everything seems to be a post about some brand or another. I can't blame him if he's making it work for himself. His forecasts are as hit and miss as met eireann though, no mention of the bad winds the night after storm Ellen hit where anyone with half a clue could see the values on ventusky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭votecounts

Does St. Fiaacs in grague reopen tomorrow, trying to judge if there will be much traffic on the killeshin road.

• Advertisement

votecounts wrote: »
    Does St. Fiaacs in grague reopen tomorrow, trying to judge if there will be much traffic on the killeshin road.

Opens on Tues 25th for infants 9-11 I think it is. They're all back on Thurs 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

The good lady wife was in Carlow yesterday meeting her cousins

She said there’s rumours Carlow is heading for lockdown?

Shaw’s and chock donlon closed up due to cases?

Shaws & Haddens were closed Friday & yesterday Saturday 21st & 22nd due to member of staff contracting Covid 19 & are hoping to reopen this Monday the 24th as per Carlow Nationalist article > https://carlow-nationalist.ie/2020/08/21/shaws-and-haddens-closed-because-of-covid/?fbclid=IwAR3aBvZod92MrCfTteIjBdTp4lTPVlqLMCNJsaBAU4DRwiK5e0vnH47tTx0#.X0LBQ8hKjIU

The good lady wife was in Carlow yesterday meeting her cousins

She said there’s rumours Carlow is heading for lockdown?

Shaw’s and chock donlon closed up due to cases?

Unlikely, 0 cases today. There's no need to be spreading Chinese whispers either

Wasn’t me spreading them. The better half said her cousins and locals are all talking about it

Yet here you are telling us about it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,589 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Yet here you are telling us about it :rolleyes:

Yes but sorry now just in case you pick me up wrong I wasn’t sure if the rumour is true hence I asked but ppl on this have cleared it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Look at some of the other nonsense that lad posts, pity its spread to this thread now as well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Play nicely, everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

He goes to nice places and I doubt if he rings up looking for reduced rates . He gave a good review for the Butchers in Graigue when he was Barbecuing the Steaks down at the Hook but I heard the Butcher gave him a bag of bones for the dog . First I heard he had a dog so he probably gave him some free sausages .
    He is Brand Ambassador for Dacia and has a car on some deal but has to drive around with a promotional scribble on the side of it .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,492 ✭✭✭✭fits

Thats not really fair.

He's brand ambassador for Dacia but he doesnt get reduced rates elsewhere. If he did Im 100% sure he would be open about it. I've really enjoyed the posts about his travels. He was in Kerry the week after we were and the weather was amazing, lucky sod.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

fits wrote: »
    Thats not really fair.

He's brand ambassador for Dacia but he doesnt get reduced rates elsewhere. If he did Im 100% sure he would be open about it. I've really enjoyed the posts about his travels. He was in Kerry the week after we were and the weather was amazing, lucky sod.

It wouldn't be Ireland if there wasn't somebody looking to take him down a notch or two, some country for begrudgers!

fits wrote: »
    Thats not really fair.

I'm not really arsed what he does but you can be sure he gets some form of "payment" for his plugs. It's the basic business model for any of these social media types, build up a following and then you've an audience to market hotels/cars even locations for Failte Ireland. I don't know if he has a full time job and I doubt doing pop up media sound bites on the weather pay the mortgage so he may aswell get something out of it.

One. Carlow Weather Man does have a f/t job; he's not shy of promoting it either (and I don't mean that in a bad way) & they're a local company too.

Two he has a dog; it's a big yoke too; best guess is a lab but I'm not great on dog types; could be some class of a cross-breed with a Great Dane or a GD itself; not an animal to eat sod all in fairness.

Three, more power to him if brands, shops, companies do reach out to him to utilise his & his partners network & reach for their own ends; to me neither he, they (as a couple) or the brands etc.'re doing anything wrong.

Four, a local pharmacy which I "promote" on & off line have thrown me out quite a number of face masks & coverings & pocket hand-sanitisers due to my "brand loyalty" (I do Facebook, used to Twitter but that's it) & comfort in wearing the masks & I've done reviews for them before they decided to stock them in bigger numbers; I'm a long way from CW & his partner but should I declare this as Benefit in Kind or......?

Five, CW is not the only social media influencer locally who gets "kickbacks", rewards or whatever term one wants to use; however the other "influencer" seems to be able get posts concering them deleted/edited; go figure.......

Six CW is a decent guy & is sound out so we'll lave it there lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I really couldn't be bothered getting into this on boards with faceless people like the troll on Twitter so I'll just post the link to my reply there:

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1297302054793170944?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I don't know the man from Carlow weather I couldn't care if he gets paid either, one thing is for sure the way he promotes Carlow he should be getting something he has done more in terms of getting pictures he has taken all around the world and has shown Carlow in it's beauty. I loved when he done the calendar I sent some to my family abroad and they loved seen Carlow done so well.

Villain wrote: »
    I really couldn't be bothered getting into this on boards with faceless people like the troll on Twitter so I'll just post the link to my reply there:

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1297302054793170944?s=20

I'm not sure he was trolling or at least the bit I read he seemed to just ask a question and reiterated he asked you answered that was all.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure he was trolling or at least the bit I read he seemed to just ask a question and reiterated he asked you answered that was all.

Well it was more the account I was referring to and I'm not sure how you came to think
    can be sure he gets some form of "payment" for his plugs
    because I don't.

I also offer a completely free service that people can easily ignore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jaysus the man is doing a great job and seems to have turned a hobby into something actually worthwhile for the rest of us.

We all should be so lucky to do something we enjoy.

Fair play if he can make a few pound out of it.

Well it was more the account I was referring to and I'm not sure how you came to think because I don't.

I also offer a completely free service that people can easily ignore :)

I don't think anyone is asking you to justify anything or at least I'm not. As for the payment or perks I don't see why you wouldn't get them but if you choose not to accept them that's your prerogative.

In any case I'm sure you'll be inundated with flood alerts etc today and whether you like it or not you're an influencer (I hate that term) I've been googling Stradbally beach all week :D

I also offer a completely free service that people can easily ignore :)[/quote
    I never knew he was in here. Any chance of Bring back the calendar will you?.

iano.p wrote: »

I doubt it to be honest, an awful lot of effort for what it was, I was looking at using a service where I could create one and people could order on demand but most are very expensive. I got left with hundreds of them the last year I did it, not as many people into hard calendars these days :)

I doubt it to be honest, an awful lot of effort for what it was, I was looking at using a service where I could create one and people could order on demand but most are very expensive. I got left with hundreds of them the last year I did it, not as many people into hard calendars these days :)

A shame really completely understand. Fair play your doing a fine job keep it up.

I don't think anyone is asking you to justify anything or at least I'm not. As for the payment or perks I don't see why you wouldn't get them but if you choose not to accept them that's your prerogative.

In any case I'm sure you'll be inundated with flood alerts etc today and whether you like it or not you're an influencer (I hate that term) I've been googling Stradbally beach all week :D

Haha I hate that term too, to be honest I rarely get offered anything and I certainly never ask for anything. I like promoting Carlow and Irish places and businesses but I certainly don't do it as a promo thing looking for kickbacks.

If I do get something like the car then I am very open about it, that is the part that annoyed me tbh, people assuming I was getting stuff and not revealing it.

Oh and Stradbally is savage spot, long beach that has several spits with names, Fermoyle is the one you can drive on and calmer :D

Fermoyle is the one you can drive on and calmer :D

Will I get an honest opinion on the 4x4 ability if I ask? :D

It looked stunning and seems to be an air bnb kind of place as there's not a whole lot there.

I think you should ask for influencer rates at the White Moose Cafe they love influencers there I'm sure you'll be well looked after :D

Will I get an honest opinion on the 4x4 ability if I ask? :D

It looked stunning and seems to be an air bnb kind of place as there's not a whole lot there.

I think you should ask for influencer rates at the White Moose Cafe they love influencers there I'm sure you'll be well looked after :D

Haha I loved the White Moose Cafe but haven't followed in a while, oh and this Duster is 2WD and had no problems on beach :P

• Advertisement

iano.p wrote: »

I also offer a completely free service that people can easily ignore :)[/quote

Unfortunately it didn't sell's well's it might've so he was left with some stock & so it didn't make financial sense to do another one the following year; remember it is a hobby that's taken on a life of its own similar to Irish Election Lit. I did invest however as a Scallion Ater (not the actual Boards user though); love CWs pics.

Advertisement