Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They seemed to be clearing out the site beside BK today cutting down trees and leveling off land there doesn't seem to much flat land there before it starts to slope down tot he river.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

What's everyone's view on pubs and restaurants in the town having to close up again? I see Tullys are still keeping the beer garden open (15 people outside) and Pimento doing outside for 15 people also. Fair play to them making the most of the outside space and still keeping take aways going. Mimosa doing the usual giving out again, a place that staff still wore visors instead of masks up to a few days ago. Don't see what they don;t just do 15 people out the back in a marquee or something and get on with it like the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Cw85 wrote: »
    What's everyone's view on pubs and restaurants in the town having to close up again? I see Tullys are still keeping the beer garden open (15 people outside) and Pimento doing outside for 15 people also. Fair play to them making the most of the outside space and still keeping take aways going. Mimosa doing the usual giving out again, a place that staff still wore visors instead of masks up to a few days ago. Don't see what they don;t just do 15 people out the back in a marquee or something and get on with it like the others.

It's probably not economically viable to have a maximum of 15 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

They can follow the rules now or possibly be completely closed for Christmas which is still a possibility with this watered down version of a lock down. Everyone is having to make adjustments and unfortunately it's the gob****es among us that are ruining things for everyone.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    It's probably not economically viable to have a maximum of 15 people.

They are doing take aways again like they did during the lockdown so I can't see them losing money as such. It's the constant giving out on twitter that gets to me.

• Advertisement

Has New York pizza opened? Seen they were doing the unit up when I was in the town a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Has New York pizza opened? Seen they were doing the unit up when I was in the town a few weeks ago.

Not yet no; the other two, Food Time (where D&Gs was) & Georges Takeaway (formerly Wangs) on Tullow St.'ve stolen a march on it & have opened.

Food Time is owned by Cafe Roma owner; they both offer online order options for collection & delivery & have their own websites.

I noticed this evening coming through town that the clink have erected a marquee at that site they knocked illegally, I assume they plan to use this for outdoor dining.

I thought there was a court order for them to reinstate the original building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I noticed this evening coming through town that the clink have erected a marquee at that site they knocked illegally, I assume they plan to use this for outdoor dining.

I seen that last night. They have the menu on facebook I don't agree with the way he knocked the building, but fair play he is trying to keep his staff in a job.

They was an order put in place however they may be appealing it so that could take forever to be heard.

Might as well use the site for something like this while waiting if there is an appeal in.

• Advertisement

They was an order put in place however they may be appealing it so that could take forever to be heard.

Might as well use the site for something like this while waiting if there is an appeal in.

Yeah agree, I despise the way they slyly knocked it over a bank holiday weekend but have no interest or memories of the previous building so ambivalent about rebuilding it. I just wish they'd do something with the bloody site is an eyesore. Even if they rebuilt the thatched roof and cleared the site it could be used as a carpark/outdoor eating.

The old Burger King is going to be a Billy Bunters there is signage up inside it now for Billy Bunters and it looks like it’s close to opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Notmything

The old Burger King is going to be a Billy Bunters there is signage up inside it now for Billy Bunters and it looks like it’s close to opening.

Doesn't the guy who owns Billy Bunters up top of the town also own the burger king site?

Notmything wrote: »
    Doesn't the guy who owns Billy Bunters up top of the town also own the burger king site?

Yes as far as I know he does.

The clink has to remove the outdoor seating area. The council sent a enforcement order today

Anyone know what they are doing in Dympna’s it’s all fenced off on the old Dublin road side.

He has 4 weeks to remove it, sure the clink will be back open in 3 weeks so I'm sure he'll keep it going until then

He has 4 weeks to remove it, sure the clink will be back open in 3 weeks so I'm sure he'll keep it going until then

I doubt we'll be going back to Level 2 in 3 weeks. It'll be more of the same or a Level 5 lockdown.

Anyone know what they are doing in Dympna’s it’s all fenced off on the old Dublin road side.

Drive in covid test center and some other outpatient rooms.

iano.p wrote: »
    Drive in covid test center and some other outpatient rooms.

Is the COVID test centre at Tinryland closed then? They'd hardly need two test centres for Carlow?

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Is the COVID test centre at Tinryland closed then? They'd hardly need two test centres for Carlow?

As far as I know this will be cabins and offices so not all covid. It will take up to 4weeks to complete. The one in Tinryland will close when the new one opens. The club need there grounds back do wasn't a long term deal with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

iano.p wrote: »
    As far as I know this will be cabins and offices so not all covid. It will take up to 4weeks to complete. The one in Tinryland will close when the new one opens. The club need there grounds back do wasn't a long term deal with them.

They won't be needing anything for a while you'd imagine

New Turkish Barbers opening soon on Dublin St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Does anyone know if the driving range is still open? Only thing I can find is the Facebook page which hasn't been updated in years.

Yes it's still open, just make sure to bring change for the ball machine as there is not always someone working in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Yes it's still open, just make sure to bring change for the ball machine as there is not always someone working in the shop.

Thanks for that, hoping to head out there this evening or tomorrow.

P.P. sought by TUSLA for an 2 Storey Extension to their buidling on Athy Rd. in grounds of St. Dympnas.

"The Child and Family Agency development would accommodate consultation and office space, with 18 additional car parking spaces and 14 bicycle parking spaces. "

https://www.carlowlive.ie/news/news/581619/planning-permission-sought-for-development-on-grounds-of-carlow-hospital.html?fbclid=IwAR0-lOEqGimQpmnN8jEk7LKC0uaqhM9HDP85qlIspgHatJIWt6sQjZa9gIA

Meanwhile a failed CW-KK GE 2020 candidate was down there Thursday live-streaming her intimidation of TUSLA staff coming & going to their cars & going about their daily business; odious.

A week long protest by a certain ex CW-KK GE 2020 "Ind." Candidate & other hangers on is occurring this week @ TUSLA HQ; interesting to see who she's picking up along the way.

One today who covered himself up was instantly recognisable from his voice; served time for manslaughter in the 00s.

Not much support today by looks of things; only fair weather fans perhaps?

Anyone hear what happened on the road outside the B&B passed MSD?

There was a garda scene unit there on Sat morning, they had the road taped off and lads out with cameras etc. No obvious vehicle parts or signs of a big smash I was thinking possibly a runner/cyclist.

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/R448,+Ballyvergal,+Co.+Carlow/@52.8569549,-6.8808053,383m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x485d6778057a5ed5:0xc222264349f06e89!8m2!3d52.8569554!4d-6.8796163

• Advertisement

Anyone hear what happened on the road outside the B&B passed MSD?

There was a garda scene unit there on Sat morning, they had the road taped off and lads out with cameras etc. No obvious vehicle parts or signs of a big smash I was thinking possibly a runner/cyclist.

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/R448,+Ballyvergal,+Co.+Carlow/@52.8569549,-6.8808053,383m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x485d6778057a5ed5:0xc222264349f06e89!8m2!3d52.8569554!4d-6.8796163

A man is his thirty's got knocked down at half 3 in the morning.

Advertisement