Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

iano.p wrote: »
    A man is his thirty's got knocked down at half 3 in the morning.

That's terrible any word on how he is? I didnt hear anything on the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Isthisthingon?

Didn't the stabbing not happen around that area too albeit Sunday night/ Monday morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Didn't the stabbing not happen around that area too albeit Sunday night/ Monday morning?

The stabbing happened at the fairways estate at the houses around the predestination entrance at Fitzpatrick's garage and along the road to the entrance to beachwood park.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    That's terrible any word on how he is? I didnt hear anything on the news.

No didn't hear since, how he was

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Isthisthingon?

The stabbing happened at the fairways estate at the houses around the predestination entrance at Fitzpatrick's garage and along the road to the entrance to beachwood park.
    I presumed this was why the guards had it all sealed off with tape etc, right at the spot you described.

• Advertisement

I presumed this was why the guards had it all sealed off with tape etc, right at the spot you described.

Yup that's why it was closed most of Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Penneys're opening til 9 O'Clock tonight & after that're shutting for the 6 weeks.

Sports Direct/USC/Brand Max in Fairgreen however aren't closing at all; not sure about JD Sports.

Elverys/Intersport have opened a unit in Fairgreeen itself where A-Wear was; think in between Vero Moda/Pamela Scott/Carraig Donn.

Are Argos & Halfords staying open?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

I see Bunters drive through is open.. Not well advertised online or anything. I had a google and couldn't find anything you'd imagine they would even have it on facebook or something.

New Mr. Price unit opening at 12 Noon in Barrow Valley Retail Pk. tomorrow (in laymans terms where the To Go Retail Store, Dunnes is, Lifestyle was, Silverbacks Gym is, Tyndall Clinic, Kellys Pharmacy, Cantina Clinic etc. are).

Wil compliment their Kennedy Ave. offering.

I see the marquee is gone from down by the Clink. The hotel also looks to be closed so I guess they've shut up shop for the time being, although hopefully not for good.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

Barbero is moving premises, not closed.

Cw85 wrote: »
    Barbero is moving premises, not closed.

Thanks for clarification; I'll delete/edit my post.

Where's it relocating to please? Thanks.

Thanks. Unsure of new location but will be open by December 1st when lockdown is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭votecounts

Should Mr Price fail, won't do to well if they can't sell food stuffs.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/dunnes-stores-mr-price-5264730-Nov2020/?utm_source=twitter_short

Ivy rooms announced they're closing down where they are and they hopefully will reopen in a smaller premises next year.

patrickc wrote: »
    Ivy rooms announced they're closing down where they are and they hopefully will reopen in a smaller premises next year.

At least they are going to reopen. I seen in Facebook they are selling if some of the stock. I got a savage table tennis table with bits for €30

patrickc wrote: »

I wonder will Jysk take the entire unit now or will they even go ahead with the move due to covid.

At least they are going to reopen. I seen in Facebook they are selling if some of the stock. I got a savage table tennis table with bits for €30

that was a good deal alright.
    I wonder will Jysk take the entire unit now or will they even go ahead with the move due to covid.

I heard they are going to still open there, how much of the unit I don't know.

I refer to it as simply "the Pres." or the Presentation Sec. School but for any of you with kids there this Change.org e-Petition might be worth a gawk if it hasn't already been brought to your attention that is; it relates to a talk given on Friday by Year Heads/Dean of Discipline.

Saw a few tweets on it overnight Friday into Saturday & the 500 Mark has already been broken in space of less than 24 hours which, for a local e-Petition, is probably fairly impressive; I doubt, for example, there's even 500 in the school?

551 and counting as I type > https://www.change.org/p/students-across-ireland-sexism-against-female-students-in-school-by-the-staff-and-students?recruiter=1165229277&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_term=27915cf28cac4026ae7e1bddb7a9275b&recruited_by_id=89132210-2bf0-11eb-9d47-9149247c149a

Basically, as per content of it, female students from 1st Year (12-13 year olds) to 6th Years/Leaving Certs & told not to wear leggings or tight bottoms!!
    Male students weren't subjected to the same talk and this issue isn't been driven by male students either; it's being driven by both male & female staff which raises all sorts of uncomfortable issues about the sexualisng of what are, who are, minors, juveniles........

Apparently the kids, children, teenagers & young adults are displaying female anatomy by donning their attire; the male students weren't addressed regarding displaying their appendages/anatomy.......

The female student body is clearly being oppressed in the Pres.

I'm deeply uncomfortable for all sorts of reasons with this decision; it smacks of control; I'd be fuming if I were a parent.

I understand a dress code for P.E.; like you don't wear Farrah Slacks or a pair of jeans or work shoes, high-heels etc. but leggings & "tight pants" (which covers a whole gamut of lower leg coverings for men & women) are par for the course in any gym etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

Is this verified or accurate? ie how can we know for sure that this legitimately happened before jumping on the bandwagon? Yes, there is a petition but anyone can start one.

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    I refer to it as simply "the Pres." or the Presentation Sec. School but for any of you with kids there this Change.org e-Petition might be worth a gawk if it hasn't already been brought to your attention that is; it relates to a talk given on Friday by Year Heads/Dean of Discipline.

Saw a few tweets on it overnight Friday into Saturday & the 500 Mark has already been broken in space of less than 24 hours which, for a local e-Petition, is probably fairly impressive; I doubt, for example, there's even 500 in the school?

551 and counting as I type > https://www.change.org/p/students-across-ireland-sexism-against-female-students-in-school-by-the-staff-and-students?recruiter=1165229277&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_term=27915cf28cac4026ae7e1bddb7a9275b&recruited_by_id=89132210-2bf0-11eb-9d47-9149247c149a

Basically, as per content of it, female students from 1st Year (12-13 year olds) to 6th Years/Leaving Certs & told not to wear leggings or tight bottoms!!
    Male students weren't subjected to the same talk and this issue isn't been driven by male students either; it's being driven by both male & female staff which raises all sorts of uncomfortable issues about the sexualisng of what are, who are, minors, juveniles........

Apparently the kids, children, teenagers & young adults are displaying female anatomy by donning their attire; the male students weren't addressed regarding displaying their appendages/anatomy.......

I'm deeply uncomfortable for all sorts of reasons with this decision; it smacks of control; I'd be fuming if I were a parent.

I understand a dress code for P.E.; like you don't wear Farrah Slacks or a pair of jeans or work shoes, high-heels etc. but leggings & "tight pants" (which covers a whole gamut of lower leg coverings for men & women) are par for the course in any gym etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

New turkish barbers coming to castle hill street.

Could always do with more of them.

FHFM50 wrote: »
    New turkish barbers coming to castle hill street.

Could always do with more of them.

Another Barbers? Strike me! There's one on Dublin St. due to open soon too.

Also on Dublin St., where Peri Peris Grillhouse + Takeaway was there's a new Chinese Restaurant opening soon; being renovated currently.

Also on Dublin St. where Umbertos was & Mama Mias Takeaway then opened, it's becoming Golden Grill soon too.

Good to see new businesses on Dublin St. anyway.

That New York Pizza on Kennedy Ave. still opening soon too......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Also on Dublin St. where Umbertos was & Mama Mias Takeaway then opened, it's becoming Golden Grill soon too.

It's hardly from the same owners of the old Golden Grill that was across the road from it a few years back.. If so i'll be in there 1st night for taco chips, curry sauce and about 5 battered sausages.. used to love that chipper when it was open.

tommycahir wrote: »
    It's hardly from the same owners of the old Golden Grill that was across the road from it a few years back.. If so i'll be in there 1st night for taco chips, curry sauce and about 5 battered sausages.. used to love that chipper when it was open.

Same owners I will join you in that que. Battered sausages have never been beaten

Gios takeaway in Graigue is the previous owners of Golden Grill as far as I'm aware. The food is amazing.

I just heard this brought up on Today FM Mairead Farell show. Seems to be gaining some traction although no names were mentioned. Interestingly though my wife automatically assumed it was Leos. Assumptions and all that as all I've heard the last while is my girls aren't going to Leos. :D

I just heard this brought up on Today FM Mairead Farell show. Seems to be gaining some traction although no names were mentioned. Interestingly though my wife automatically assumed it was Leos. Assumptions and all that as all I've heard the last while is my girls aren't going to Leos. :D

Leos had their day in the sun in September when they came back & had an assembly at start of academic year that wasn't socially distanced.

Hold my beer say the Pres. I guess?

Petition's gone over 2,500 as I type & KCLR Live alluded to it this morning at start of show & then again in the middle of 1st hour I think so might be revisiting it tomorrow or later on during the week.

The Pres.'re being destroyed on Twitter & have judging by some comments blocked some tweeters already; it's a PR disaster for them across Facebook & Twitter too.

Will be interesting to see how local media handle this......

Got a gawk in at the Turkish Barbers on Dublin St. tonight; the guy & his family were in there; he's from Dublin & will be commuting for a bit once it gets going in 1st week of December before sourcing schools & accommodation between Christmas & New Year.

Says he's been working with Grafton Barbers & also had his own barbers for past 7 years so comes with good pedigree.

It's a tight enough market is barbering here in Carlow; Mr. Snips closed down & Barbero 57 is relocating (but not closing at least).

Will be sticking with my own one in Penny Lane no matter mind.

• Advertisement

Will be interesting to see how local media handle this......

Getting a front page anyway

126966712_3621452717916621_7349125698664537230_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=_1wbLmJhhRMAX85EsKD&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=dd76fc0e994dffb692e7d0c8774f36eb&oe=5FE2F6A2

Advertisement