Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Did you?

Cool!! I persume you met the Newfoundland then? That thing is a monster!! He only wants an aul rub though.

was the dane also there when you ere out there? love the newfoundland, strong bugger though, just leans up against you, and nearly pushed you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

queen-mise wrote: »
    do i even want to know what ubuntu is.

the pup is a little boy, he will be company for the other terrier. this lad is going to be a house dog, as i have another one outside. have to go off now today and get some food and a bed and stuff.

do you have any idea, i always buy good good food for dogs, will i be able to put a young pup straight onto nuts

Ubuntu is free software. Its Linux based rather than Windows based.

Ours is a boy too. (sorry, he's a man!!! :) ) Also an inside dog, although he'll be outside next week cause we're going on Holiday.

I actually have the information from ASH here beside me cause I'm in the process of sorting out Kaiser's health insurance.

This is what it says:

"Puppies are fed 3 small meals a day consisting of a dry puppy complete food, a little bit of hot water (allow to cool) and a little bit of meat, (for example puppy pouches). At 4 months, reduce to 2 meals per day. DO NOT give tidbits or scraps to young puppies - this is very bad for their digestive system"

Hope that helps

aynon wrote: »
    was the dane also there when you ere out there? love the newfoundland, strong bugger though, just leans up against you, and nearly pushed you!

The Dane? Don't think I saw a dane. There was a mastiff inside with the newfoundland alright but I don't remember a dane.

What did you do there as a volunteer?
    Clean out poo, feed and walk?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Ah man, I wish i had a dog - renting a room so it isn't really an option at the mo. When I was living back home had a goregous rough collie, she died a few years ago :( Was completely gutted. Would love a beagle or bassett hound maybe as my next one in the far far future. . . . . . . . . .

HugoIrl wrote: »
    Ah man, I wish i had a dog - renting a room so it isn't really an option at the mo. When I was living back home had a goregous rough collie, she died a few years ago :( Was completely gutted. Would love a beagle or bassett hound maybe as my next one in the far far future. . . . . . . . . .

I would also like either of those 2. Really nice dogs. My g/f wants a pug though so I dunno how that'll work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Just a note on Beagles. They are very much a pack dog and need to be part of a group of to develop properly. I'd love em too, but would have to get a few of them.

also, bassetts, very placid, but EXTREAMLY loud, especcial when pissed.
    if you ever need help with beagles, my friend actually breeds beagles. so if you need any help i can ask him for you

Don1 wrote: »
    Just a note on Beagles. They are very much a pack dog and need to be part of a group of to develop properly. I'd love em too, but would have to get a few of them.
    in relation to beagles you could get one but you can keep them singly but you need to be able to give them more attention. so if its in a family i.e. mom, dad, child(ren) that would go most of the way to the attention needed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

HugoIrl wrote: »

i'll rent you our two anytime you want since they seem to be fond of you, as you them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

patrickc wrote: »
    i'll rent you our two anytime you want since they seem to be fond of you, as you them.

Do you have a monkey I could rent? I love dogs, but I want a monkey!! :D

• Advertisement

Do you have a monkey I could rent? I love dogs, but I want a monkey!! :D

my oh will she do?

my oh will she do?

Oooohhhh, man, that is wrong on so many levels!! I hope she doesnt look at Boards! :p:p:pac:

Oooohhhh, man, that is wrong on so many levels!! I hope she doesnt look at Boards! :p:p:pac:

she actually suggested it...

she actually suggested it...

I have no further comments to make on the topic! :p

aye better off not...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I have no further comments to make on the topic! :p

ah go on, tell us what you think.

I got my puppy, will put up a piccie in a little while

ah go on, tell us what you think.

I got my puppy, will put up a piccie in a little while

what did you call him?

yes this is a discussion point alright.

our other terrier is called pippin, he is a very small dog but all macho.

this is going to be bigger but probably, be more of a wuss. i presumed it was going to be called merry, my husband presumed frodo, I ruled out Sam. any suggestions

treebeard, bombadil, aragorn, gandalf, can't see any of them working.

any issues with me putting up pics on random picture thread

yes this is a discussion point alright.

our other terrier is called pippin, he is a very small dog but all macho.

this is going to be bigger but probably, be more of a wuss. i presumed it was going to be called merry, my husband presumed frodo, I ruled out Sam. any suggestions

treebeard, bombadil, aragorn, gandalf, can't see any of them working.

any issues with me putting up pics on random picture thread

nope iv no issues with it..once theyre within size....

we called our latest one cleggy..

im useless with dog names though

Anyone listening to KCLR, there's 13 people locked into Carlow Shopping Centre (the old goal) looking for ghosts! lol.

• Advertisement

Anyone listening to KCLR, there's 13 people locked into Carlow Shopping Centre (the old goal) looking for ghosts! lol.

nope watching tv , but heard it was to happen, any ghosts seen yet?

just finished watching forest gump, am now watching Elizabeth

I showed the pup where the food was in the kitchen and i let him do some sniffing around. he got back into the sitting room, he couldn't find me. All he could hear was the telly and he went over and stood in front of telly and started whinging, just how cute is that

I showed the pup where the food was in the kitchen and i let him do some sniffing around. he got back into the sitting room, he couldn't find me. All he could hear was the telly and he went over and stood in front of telly and started whinging, just how cute is that

yeh theyre great when there age though.. so much fun

Just a few pics of the puppy. Name is still in negotiation.

4922ECD9C4CA4F5E9EBB8FFE32C4C14D-500.jpg

6FAA77B57527408A8E7613378D7B3A24-500.jpg

E9B22255294542379FE04E80051CE0E6-500.jpg

name: trouble?

Just a few pics of the puppy. Name is still in negotiation.

4922ECD9C4CA4F5E9EBB8FFE32C4C14D-500.jpg

6FAA77B57527408A8E7613378D7B3A24-500.jpg

E9B22255294542379FE04E80051CE0E6-500.jpg

hes a dote, the same as is him is the mother of my cross cleggy, he's a rough collie also.. mad looking dog

Like having a baby.....in a way :P. My mom has two dogs, a chihuahua and a cavalier king charles, who are 13 and 7 respectively......still its like having babies!! :pac:

Have a fecking rabbit above in the shed that I think isnt too far from kicking the bucket! :(

Like having a baby.....in a way :P. My mom has two dogs, a chihuahua and a cavalier king charles, who are 13 and 7 respectively......still its like having babies!! :pac:

Have a fecking rabbit above in the shed that I think isnt too far from kicking the bucket! :(

aye our 2 are treated like kids here anyhow

• Advertisement

i am lying in bed, trying to reassure scared pup. Good god. Baby\kids is right. Pup is mewing at me

Advertisement