Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

aynon wrote: »
    cb's are still big enough, mostly truckers(as always).

the police use digital radios now, so the old cb cant come up with it. but technically it is illegal, and technically it isnt. its weird, but i dont think you'd go down for 10 to life for have a gander once or twice at the boys in blue

what do you use yours for aynon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

used to do alot of late night driving by myself, was a great companion, also its can be used as emergency contact, or if i wanted i can hook up a PA to it and do something like that.

used to do alot of late night driving by myself, was a great companion, also its can be used as emergency contact, or if i wanted i can hook up a PA to it and do something like that.

your madder than i thought.. these days they are called mobiles:cool:

What if your mobiles dead, and you have no charger? also, the emergency line is a direct to service. not going through 999, unless it has to. its also built in hands free technically.

What if your mobiles dead, and you have no charger? also, the emergency line is a direct to service. not going through 999, unless it has to. its also built in hands free technically.

will say nout sir...

• Advertisement

1.gif

this goes out to queen mise, put together a hell of a bbq in less then a night, it was for a neighbors b day, thanks for the invite! wasnt a boards thing, we know each other personally not so :P pat

this goes out to queen mise, put together a hell of a bbq in less then a night, it was for a neighbors b day, thanks for the invite! wasnt a boards thing, we know each other personally not so :P pat

i wont be stirring this week nehow, have my daughter and young bro and sis for the week.. fun i tells ya

i think this
    paracetamol_big.jpg
    is in order then. this is a single dose.

i think this

is in order then. this is a single dose.

i should give out as mod for that, for the single dose bit.. but yes might be needed:D

note

KIDS!
    do not take more then 2 parcetamol per 4 hour dose.

that sort it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

thanks aynon for pic. It was a lovely day, all went well.
    Really should go to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

First a photo of the swans in the Barrow, then some photos of the way the riverbank is treated when people are fishing. I have better photos of the swans, but I wanted to show the contrast in these photos that were taken on the same day, in the same part of the river Barrow.

5B9162AC3C1C4CABA9F36A544D3D7FE4-500.jpg

B51A2EA2168A43DA8EB40C23B840A943-500.jpg

A4F2D52082B74C38872F0F078ED7195F-500.jpg
    most of this is not from people fishing but the darling sons and daughters of Carlow that use the barrow track for drinking and glue sniffing! many times i have walked along the barrow track to see several youths using the benches as bar stools. they should be forced to say where they bought all their cans and bottles and the offending establishment shut down for good!

what do you be doing, queenie?
    and with the kids you must be up 8-9 oclock!

foggy_lad wrote: »
    most of this is not from people fishing but the darling sons and daughters of Carlow that use the barrow track for drinking and glue sniffing! many times i have walked along the barrow track to see several youths using the benches as bar stools. they should be forced to say where they bought all their cans and bottles and the offending establishment shut down for good!
    sorry for going off topic, but yes, if police catch them, they are asked to supply the name of the supplier. getting the correct answer out of the underagers, is another story. most of time its "got it out of my da's stash." or "big brother/sister bought it for us""where?""dunno"

as for glue sniffing, that goes on at night, when it would be physically too dangerous for the gards to do a patrol. even with touches, its too dark to do anything down there. and it is not illegal to supply glue to someone who you believe is to be over 18, and is not going to use it for misuse. most places work on the "look 21" rule, if you do not look over 21 you are asked for i.d. i know that all the hardware suppliers in carlow are extreamly strict, and if they are in any doubt they will not sell it to you, i have been witness to this myself. have been refused once or twice in the past couple of years. wasnt abusing it, only want to fix stuff at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I love bbqs :(

boards bbq- next meet after the bowling?

some brave person it'd have to be to take that on:pac:

Car is being scrapped.

oh? what happened?

I got sick of it.
    It shall be given a decent death rather than the one I wanted to give it in the river barrow.

I ****ing hate peugeot.

• Advertisement

SV wrote: »
    Car is being scrapped.

thought you only got it back and all was well?

what was it again? is the scrapper giving you anything for it?

patrickc wrote: »
    thought you only got it back and all was well?

It was. Now it's playing up again.

it's a 106gti aynon, haven't talked to any scrappers.
    Might just put it up for sale for 500.

ah yea, shouldnt scrap that, they are a beaut of a car. probably wont get anything the way the car sales are at the moment, tho, took me 4 months to sell my 106, and only got 150 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Definitely don't trust me on cooking any bbq's!! I could poision people!!

HugoIrl wrote: »
    Definitely don't trust me on cooking any bbq's!! I could poision people!!

yeh i reckon you would too;)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

patrickc wrote: »
    yeh i reckon you would too;)

Ha ha, you know that for a fact eh, thats why i just trust takeaways!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

i'll do a boards bbq, i am a professional at them now.

i'll attest to that! maybe just need to hone your burger flipping!

• Advertisement

if anythings being organised id recommend waiting until June.... give a month in between events, cos last tim a beers was organised straight after one it didn't go well turn out wise

Advertisement