Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

super-rush wrote: »
    Cool. My dad is from Boyle and Aunt(Mothers sister) lives there aswell. I have loads of family up there. I spent every summer as a child/teenager up there an lived and worked there for a year or so after college. I love the town/county. The people are so friendly there, and as you said Pat they are a bit on the wild side in Boyle, especially after a few lemonades but its mainly a good wild side. It will always be my second home. Carlow will always be number one for me.

my late grandad was from Boyle, my great aunt and her son still live there. Went some summers myself to it, but not for weeks on end though. Carlow number one, then Dundalk number 2 , then Roscommon number 3 for me, in order of homes..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

boyle, Co. Roscommon-Its one hell of a town!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    And ye dont even know quarter of whats happened.
    Been one of the roughest 2 months i have ever put down.

Anyone have a car i can borrow for a few days. Full license and 5 years no claims.
    Quite proud of that really :-):-)

Does your insurance company not give ya one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

HugoIrl wrote: »
    Does your insurance company not give ya one?

my insurance is on the focus, brian's insurance is on the fiesta. i have all the no claims etc etc on that one.

Brian only passed the test a year or two ago, and has this year three years no claims, car is fire/theft only. So think going to claim on the insurance would affect him too much at the moment. I have claims protection on mine, but he wouldn't on his.

I'll decide when the garage gives me a price for fixing the car, it only cost a few hundred euro, but then it still has 14 months of an NCT on it, so not really sure what to do at the moment.

you should give them a ring and check, most dont affect your bonus for it these days.

• Advertisement

i have been possessed by an ideas genie today. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

So what have i missed???
    Only got round to getting broadband in the new house this week...

put my back out two days after moving in...what a disaster! Everything still in boxes...don't even have the flooring down in the living room yet!
    We were like an episode of corrie last week, both at home on sick certs!

Dont think ya have missed too much, Queen had a theft. Some scumbags tried to rob me the other night, oh yea forgot to post that!

Other then that ideas have been flying around for next night out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Some scumbags tried to rob me the other night, oh yea forgot to post that!

Eh, What??

Yea was walking back over the bridge at graigue the other night and a fella was standing out of a car and asked for a fag, gave him one and then he started to ask for money. I left and kept walking, when i was coming up by the apts after the swimming pool saw a group of lads with hoods up so decided to cross the road.

Turned out to be the same fella and his mates, started asking for money again, i kept walking, they crossed the road after me so legged it to the house. Gym finally paid off :D

• Advertisement

jaysis, glad you're ok.

Cheers man, was a bit freaked but other then that grand. I'm sure others have had worse.

Cheers man, was a bit freaked but other then that grand. I'm sure others have had worse.

That's very true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Bad news. Rem the same type of thing happened to me 20 years ago in London.
    Unluckily for them, I had just had a very bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I'm sure others have had worse.

Heard on the news today that a woman was mugged at knifepoint on the Leighlin Rd in Graigue at lunchtime(!!) yesterday I think! Bloody 'ell!! :eek::mad:

Good news is that they have a fella for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Four or five years ago i was coming out of Raths(Londis) and there was two young lads at the door, one tried to grab the money i had in my hand. I swung to hit him, he ducked and i fractured my hand off the wall. Managed to catch him with my elbow on the way back though. Turned my attention to his friend who started to cry and ran off. Picked the first guy off the ground and told him i was going to put him in the boot of my car and take him for a long drive and he started to cry aswell. I had to let him go because i couldn't stop laughing, plus the pain in my hand was bringing tears to my eyes.

A year or so before that i was living and working in Longford. I was sitting in the train station one evening when this fella came up to me and gave me a sob story about his best friend being killed the night before in Dublin and he needed a few quid for the train. To get rid of him i gave him two or three euro. Then he pulled a penknife on me and asked for my phone, wallet and the bag i was holding. What he didn't know was that i had two huge filleting knives in the bag that had come into the shop as samples and i was bringing them to my bosses house so he could check them out. I put my hand in the bag and rolled off the Crocodile Dundee line. He sure was a fast runner.

In relation to what happened to you Hugo, that is probably the most dangerous parts of the town. The things i have seen happen down there would make you shiver. You are a luck man that you managed to run away. I wont even go fishing in the town anymore unless there is someone with me. Way too dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hughj

Yea was walking back over the bridge at graigue the other night and a fella was standing out of a car and asked for a fag, gave him one and then he started to ask for money. I left and kept walking, when i was coming up by the apts after the swimming pool saw a group of lads with hoods up so decided to cross the road.

Turned out to be the same fella and his mates, started asking for money again, i kept walking, they crossed the road after me so legged it to the house. Gym finally paid off :D
    Its scumbags like them that give the town a bad name :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Turned my attention to his friend who started to cry and ran off. Picked the first guy off the ground and told him i was going to put him in the boot of my car and take him for a long drive and he started to cry aswell.

What he didn't know was that i had two huge filleting knives in the bag that had come into the shop as samples and i was bringing them to my bosses house so he could check them out. I put my hand in the bag and rolled off the Crocodile Dundee line. He sure was a fast runner.

You sir are a feckin' legend!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

I have no idea about this type of thing.
    In my book they're are certain types that are subhuman.
    I have always had very 'un PC' views on certain types of 'people'.
    It's stood me in good stead over the years.
    I just give these types a good talking to & tell them how useless they really are.
    Always works!
    Not joking. They're pure cowardly scum & brainless aswell!

Lived in Harelsden in the 80s. the place was full of em.

I loved debating the issues of the day with them then.:rolleyes:

In relation to what happened to you Hugo, that is probably the most dangerous parts of the town. The things i have seen happen down there would make you shiver. You are a luck man that you managed to run away. I wont even go fishing in the town anymore unless there is someone with me. Way too dangerous.

I have been hearing from a good few now that its pretty risky. Will be a taxi straight to the door in future

• Advertisement

how are ppl today. Enjoying the mixed bag of weather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

how i love ireland, we dont know what the weather is going to be like after lunch much less tomorrow!

some days it is true you get four seasons in the one day.

Really messes up, what to wear on any given day.

How did exams go?

I want my monkey

I want my monkey

u not get it yet?

No its in England apparently.

No its in England apparently.

darn carlow ads lol:pac:

lol and it got a thread all to itself in AH.

did it thats mad... did a carlow poster start it?

• Advertisement

Yeah...
    while slightly tipsy

Advertisement