Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

super-rush wrote: »
    Yeah...
    while slightly tipsy

like me tonight so:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Good stuff:D

well tis the random waffle thread like hehe:D:D:D

A safe haven ha ha. I know i could post this in the Wexford section but as a Carlow person i am amazed at the disruption the Co council have caused in Bunclody. There is no way this would happen in any town in Carlow. Its driving me nuts.

A safe haven ha ha. I know i could post this in the Wexford section but as a Carlow person i am amazed at the disruption the Co council have caused in Bunclody. There is no way this would happen in any town in Carlow. Its driving me nuts.

why what have they done?

• Advertisement

Where do i start?? Well they are laying new sewrage pipes. This started in April, and if you wanted to go to Enniscorthy you were re routed through either Carnew or Kilmyshall (10 extra miles). This meant that parking outside the FCJ was prohibited so parents had to drop off amd collect their kids in the town centre. Apart from the fact that this is dangerous, its added 100+ cars to a town with virtually no parking, no lights, two padestrian crossings, three junctions and no visible police force. The people who decided to take the Kilmyshall route were basically directed through a housing estate. They finished that bit and started on the Kiltealy road whic runs past my house. Now if i want to go to the shop i have to drive an extra 14 miles on semi good road or 6 miles over mountain lanes. I can't walk because the foothpaths are blocked aswell. Its usually a two minute drive now its well over an hour. For those of you not familiar with Bunclody it would be like going from New Oak to The Fairgreen and being re routed through Leighlinbridge and i'm not exaggerating. What gets me is what will happen if somone needs the emergency services.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

a mate was collecting me and he leaves in kiltealy and he usually cuts through bunclody but had to go the long way around to get to my gaf. road is in a seriously bad state of affairs. no doubt some councillors will use this to their advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    some days it is true you get four seasons in the one day.

Really messes up, what to wear on any given day.

How did exams go?
    still have one more to go on friday......:( and it s admin and management....):'( its all book learning.....at least maths and all that is out of the way....

in realtion to the other comments i HOPE that some councilor uses it to their advantage!

stick-dan wrote: »
    a mate was collecting me and he leaves in kiltealy and he usually cuts through bunclody but had to go the long way around to get to my gaf. road is in a seriously bad state of affairs. no doubt some councillors will use this to their advantage.

I dont know how because they can't get up to where i live unless they go the long way round. I just bought a new car and its torture going on those roads. I thought i left all that when i left Myshall. Anyway i suppose this should be for the Wexford forum, so i'll say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Dum-di-dum-di-dum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I'd love a pint ...

ShayK1 wrote: »
    I'd love a pint ...

had a fair few last night, still the urge is back:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

There is a massive operation by the river at the moment trying to pull out a person/body. There are 3/4 fire engines, three divers and countless other stuff going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

patrickc wrote: »
    had a fair few last night, still the urge is back:pac:

not on a school night... :(

There is a massive operation by the river at the moment trying to pull out a person/body. There are 3/4 fire engines, three divers and countless other stuff going on.

feck wheres that? and hope theyre ok

ShayK1 wrote: »
    not on a school night... :(

not from next week i wont be anyhow, start the new job then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I was coming over Graigue bidge 30 mins back or so and seen about 7 or 8 people alright looking into the river, they were standing next to the shop looking down that way!

They are behind the Weeping Thaiger (sp?) restaurant, beside the big woman in the ring.

No-one seemed to know what was going on.

seemingly there was a fiesta in the river. Checking to see there was no one in it.

On a side note, they were four cars broken into in new oak night before last.

Yeah one of them was my mates car....he's not a happy bunny

Yeah one of them was my mates car....he's not a happy bunny

unsurprising to be honest. its not something you are going to be best pleased at :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

My god, can't believe that all happened last night. Didn't see anything mentioned in the news?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

HugoIrl wrote: »
    My god, can't believe that all happened last night. Didn't see anything mentioned in the news?

These things are rarely mentioned on the news. Sucides seems to be a "touchy" area for the press while cars being broken into would never make much news unless it was very frequent.

Yea thats very true, its a pity ppl feel thats their only way out.

Wait a minute! :cool: But has it been confirmed that there was someone in the car or a fatality? I havent heard anything about it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Carlow spelt backwards = wolrac. What is a wolrac I hear you say. Well according to the first result of a google image search, it is this fiersome creature:

gregg.jpg

I vote we make this the new emblem of County Wolrac!

Wait a minute! :cool: But has it been confirmed that there was someone in the car or a fatality? I havent heard anything about it all.

there was no body in the car, they were just checking to make sure there was no-one in it. it was massive operation to do it.

Carlow spelt backwards = wolrac. What is a wolrac I hear you say. Well according to the first result of a google image search, it is this fiersome creature:

gregg.jpg

I definintely second this. it is cool picture. is it a meat eater though :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Myself and a mate of mine were on our way back to the car one night, he parked down the step there at the bridge, and saw 3 young lads tryin to push the car into the river. :eek::pac: I was laughin but my chum van dammed their ass lol:pac: It was quiet common down there for a while! It was like the "IN" thing te do in the chav world. Ahhh c'est la vie

gregg.jpg

I believe, if you are patient enough you can see these Wolrac's in the early hours of the morning, collecting food, they are isolated to Leighlinbridge it would seem! :pac:

They're only about 2 foot tall, and yes Queen they do eat meat........if it so happens that the car they are eating has an occupant!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Advertisement