Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Nead21 wrote: »
    this time tomorrow i'll almost be on school holidays.....woohooo :)

yeah ya will.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

this time tomorrow i'll almost be on school holidays.....woohooo :)
    Grrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

I wanna be back in school again! :( Next holiday is in August!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

michael jackson is dead! Omg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

feck just seen that, mad that is, thats his big uk tour off so..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

patrickc wrote: »
    ....thats his big uk tour off so..

I'd imagine so, yes.... :D:P

Guess anyone who had a ticket for that would want to hold onto them, they'll be worth a few bob in a number of years! ;)

I'd imagine so, yes.... :D:P

Guess anyone who had a ticket for that would want to hold onto them, they'll be worth a few bob in a number of years! ;)

mr collectible and antiques knows best:pac:

and they all after camping out for days to get them tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

tombull82 wrote: »
    and they all after camping out for days to get them tickets

tombull82, i noticed you on adverts bidding for a canon 50mm 1.8. What sort of camera do you own?

stick-dan wrote: »
    tombull82, i noticed you on adverts bidding for a canon 50mm 1.8. What sort of camera do you own?

A Cannon Rebel XTi EOS. aka 400d. Stock 18-55mm lens and I've also picked up a 70-200mm f4 L USM lens more recently for it.
    I see Amazon have the nifty fifty for £75 so I prob get one there at some stage.

100% beginner with SLR. I bought it as a present for myself a short while back as its something I always had an interest in but never got around to it.
    Attempting a self learn on how to take good photo's.
    Also playing around with PS to attempt a self learn on processing.

:eek: there's a lot more involved than I originally thought..

I see you are looking for a spare grip?
    I DX have these added lately, I'm not sure of the Quality but for $60-$70 it can't be bad as a spare.

• Advertisement

A Cannon Rebel XTi EOS. aka 400d. Stock 18-55mm lens and I've also picked up a 70-200mm f4 L USM lens more recently for it.
    I see Amazon have the nifty fifty for £75 so I prob get one there at some stage.

100% beginner with SLR. I bought it as a present for myself a short while back as its something I always had an interest in but never got around to it.
    Attempting a self learn on how to take good photo's.
    Also playing around with PS to attempt a self learn on processing.

:eek: there's a lot more involved than I originally thought..

I see you are looking for a spare grip?
    I DX have these added lately, I'm not sure of the Quality but for $60-$70 it can't be bad as a spare.

How much and where from did you pick up the 70-200 L glass from. I'm looking for a 100mm Macro USM 2.8, a spare grip and one more battery alright :)

How's the self teaching coming along.

How much and where from did you pick up the 70-200 L glass from. I'm looking for a 100mm Macro USM 2.8, a spare grip and one more battery alright :)

How's the self teaching coming along.

€300 from a fella I know..

As for the self training..(you know of any courses local? Ha).

Slowly coming along, been to Fota a while back and then just some ramdomers here and there also. I reckon I'll be needing a decent 50mm or similar as its mainly only walkabout shooting I'll have time for at the moment, then maybe I'll progress into planned outings.
    http://pix.ie/tombull82

PS is quite a different story, its just mind boggling the amount of things you can do, But again give it time and I'll get a grip of it.

I have looked but can't really see any courses available/worth while doing in Carlow .
    Are you aware of any or anyone?

Looking at course content of a beginners course I feel I kind of know a lot of it already and might not find it worth while
    But....
    If I go for an intermediate course I good well be missing out on the simple things that make life easier in the end. Any thoughts on this??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

HugoIrl wrote: »
    I wanna be back in school again! :( Next holiday is in August!

just to clarify..im not actually in school, i teach in school :p

just watching best of michael jackson on MTV and god it has brought back millions of memories ...namely dancing around the kitchen with one glove on singing "I'm bad, i'm bad"

just to clarify..im not actually in school, i teach in school :p

just watching best of michael jackson on MTV and god it has brought back millions of memories ...namely dancing around the kitchen with one glove on singing "I'm bad, i'm bad"

Cool, i was thinking that but didn't want to be morex. :~)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

if i was still in school, shayk would be a fairly sick man......or a legend, whichever way you choose to look at it!! ;)

Cool, i was thinking that but didn't want to be morex. :~)

Nosey!! :o damn Boards Mobile

€300 from a fella I know..

As for the self training..(you know of any courses local? Ha).

Slowly coming along, been to Fota a while back and then just some ramdomers here and there also. I reckon I'll be needing a decent 50mm or similar as its mainly only walkabout shooting I'll have time for at the moment, then maybe I'll progress into planned outings.
    http://pix.ie/tombull82

PS is quite a different story, its just mind boggling the amount of things you can do, But again give it time and I'll get a grip of it.

I have looked but can't really see any courses available/worth while doing in Carlow .
    Are you aware of any or anyone?

Looking at course content of a beginners course I feel I kind of know a lot of it already and might not find it worth while
    But....
    If I go for an intermediate course I good well be missing out on the simple things that make life easier in the end. Any thoughts on this??

Self Training is fine, i learned all i know so far from the photography forum here on boards, i lurked for a good year before i ever posted.

I'll offer you a sum for that lense if your interested? Is the glass clean?Would you not prefer the extra reach of a 300mm. I could give you a 50mm plus cash.I have one myself only four weeks old.

You've been to fota have you? It's a wonderful place, although some animals locked up for example the sea eagle would nearly reduce you to tears.

Photoshop is all trial and error so i wouldn't be worrying too much about that, just get stuck into it. If you have the money i would recommend purchasing lightroom. I don't know how i ever lived without it. It's a processing suite about photo's not graphic design as photoshop tends to be.

Local courses tom i don't know of any, i never looked for any, i was determined to teach myself and i have often quizzed people on the photography forum on how to do certian things so i'm in a sense getting a tutor but remaining self taught at the same time. P,S if your set on doing a course i'd start from the start, take it all in. you'll always learn something new.

You interested in a photowalk or a meet? Carlow is very under-represented here on the photography side of things.

no buying and selling in a thread to adverts or pm.. next time dan you will be infracted, you should know better

Regards

Patrickc

my bad. whoops.

warning noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

if i was still in school, shayk would be a fairly sick man......or a legend, whichever way you choose to look at it!! ;)

eeeewwww!!!!

• Advertisement

I'll reply off thread..

cool tom i'll await your pm :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

*pops head in* Usual trouble makers still about I see. :p

Everyone enjoying the good weather we have been (oddly) blessed with lately?

**pops head in**

I see the usual mr-i'll-drop-my-head-in-at-any-chance-to-make-a-dig-at-a-poster-moderator has dropped by.

@mods - please feel free to not infract/ban me. I'm not in the mood for it. As you'll note my coomment is only in response to the snide remark was made towards me first ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

hey dan,

i think you may be heading towards you second telling off in a week. At this rate you will be banned soon. Interesting fall for an ex-mod...

Lets hope this telling off isn't as public :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

you know what i think?

num num num num num num num num num num num num num num num num num num num num

meh, can't ban freedom of speech. If i get banned, it'll only be an ex-mod getting banned but if my comment warrants a ban then a regional mod will be getting one also or there'll be one hell of a feedback thread going on ;)

aynon wrote: »
    you know what i think?

num num num num num num num num num num num num num num num num num num num num

ditto

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

**pops head in**

I see the usual mr-i'll-drop-my-head-in-at-any-chance-to-make-a-dig-at-a-poster-moderator has dropped by.

@mods - please feel free to not infract/ban me. I'm not in the mood for it. As you'll note my coomment is only in response to the snide remark was made towards me first ;)

Who? Me? I actually wasn't referring to you in my post Dan... Actually, it was a broad comment aimed at nobody in particular or any incident, it was a joke to take the serious tone from the thread. Chillax dude, no idea why you even are making such a comment over one incident either. :S

• Advertisement

meh, can't ban freedom of speech. If i get banned, it'll only be an ex-mod getting banned but if my comment warrants a ban then a regional mod will be getting one also or there'll be one hell of a feedback thread going on ;)

Private site = no freedom of speech :p Your just over reacting for some odd reason, I had nothing to do with what patrick said (nor was I contacted). I just was browsing all SE Forums and took a post here as its been a while, which is what I usually do.

I think, as you should know, if you have a problem - send a PM. To say that I am baffled by your reaction, is an understatement lad.

Advertisement