Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

####_______###############
    ####_______####______________
    #########################
    ____________####___________###
    #############___________####

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

aynon wrote: »

had to quote this for prosterity.

i think they may be some tensions in here. Don't know what gives me that idea though :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    had to quote this for prosterity.

i think they may be some tensions in here. Don't know what gives me that idea though :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    thanks for the back up there!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

........_
    / /\
    / / /
    / / / _
    /_/ / / /\
    \ \ \ / / \
    \ \ \/ / /\ \
    _ \ \ \/ /\ \ \
    /_/\ \_\ / \ \ \
    \ \ \ / / \ \_\/
    \ \ \/ / /\ \
    \ \ \/ /\ \ \
    \ \ / \ \ \
    \_\/ / / /
    / / /
    /_/ /
    \_\/

Ill ignore that (since it failed anyway).

Mod Note: Right, I think its time to get this thread back to normal. If someone has an issue with the moderation of this forum, please send one of the mods a PM or myself and Dub13 if you prefer. Generally questioning any moderators decision in thread or an attempt at trolling is a result in banning, but ill pass this off as a misunderstanding/drunken posting. Any issues with this, take it to PM (including responses). Any further questioning of mods or attempts at trolling will result in bans/infractions - iv given a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Emm so about that weather we're having......Great out today wasn't it!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

tombull82 wrote: »

Our neighbours in the UK are getting a heatwave from what I read, so hopefully their good weather will pass over our direction and retain the good conditions we have had so far for a while longer :) For the summer? I doubt we will be that lucky :/

Any thunderstorms your direction? One the other night in Wexford/New Ross, was great to watch.

incredible weather... its funny we have had more of a summer in one month that the past two years...

you can silence me but you in the process will silence the carlow foruM!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Well to be honest and let this be a formal open letter to all in this forum. And i would not like it to be moved as it is random and also very relevant to the posters of carlow.

To be honest i am very disappointed in the forum. It is no longer what it used to be. It is blatantly obvious to anyone that myself and other users have been posting less frequently in this forum as well i speak for myself there is a loss of the community spirit here. There has become almost a censorship on this forum in the past few months and it has to stop. I don't want to question of point the blame at anyone but there are limits to what the rules can be applied to.

Moderation is to be about following and enforcing the rules but it must also go hand in hand with common sense. I started as mod sometime around last september i think and this forum had little or no traffic as to that fact you made comments to me in person sully about its lack of traffic. Myself and Patrick at the time worked on the forum, started interesting topics and posters joined in and then as time progressed we sat back as they started the topics and took the forum to the high happy sense of community togetherness that it experienced at its peak. The forum attracted new posters with its new lease of life and a fair few of these posters became regulars and a really strong community bond was formed. We are all on first name basis with each other. That is unheard of in any other county forum.

Where the hell did it all go wrong. What has happened to the carlow forum. This needs to be said. I'm speaking for the community of posters who make the carlow forum what it is. So no this shouldn't result in a ban. I've been contacted by posters of this forum airing their disappointment that they no longer find any pleasure posting here. THIS IS WRONG and it needs to change and quick because otherwards you can welcome back the early days of 2-3 posters maximum which certainly wont require the 3 active mods we have.

I've watched the forum grow and to be fair its pretty ****ty seeing it decline now. If you want move this to feedback but leave it here also for the carlow people to see because there are a lot who agree and without us you wont have a forum. It's a democracy for crying out loud, laugh bicker and snide remark if you want but i used to enjoy posting here and i no longer do. I'm not alone on this and if it warrants me getting a ban then to be honest i don't care because i couldn't be arsed posting here anymore.

Dan

you can silence me but you in the process will silence the carlow foruM!

what are you playing at you lunatic.

I don't think you are fighting for the equal rights of blacks or the abolition of communism or any such thing.

right i am going out for a cigarette, i think everyone here could do with one too.

@Aynon, would it be too late to put in that letter of complaint now

• Advertisement

I am going to Public come out and get behind dan, if anyone hasnt noticed! Dan is 100% echoing mine and others opinions, but is the first to say it publicly!

in b4 404.
    stick-dan wrote: »
    Well to be honest and let this be a formal open letter to all in this forum. And i would not like it to be moved as it is random and also very relevant to the posters of carlow.

To be honest i am very disappointed in the forum. It is no longer what it used to be. It is blatantly obvious to anyone that myself and other users have been posting less frequently in this forum as well i speak for myself there is a loss of the community spirit here. There has become almost a censorship on this forum in the past few months and it has to stop. I don't want to question of point the blame at anyone but there are limits to what the rules can be applied to.

Moderation is to be about following and enforcing the rules but it must also go hand in hand with common sense. I started as mod sometime around last september i think and this forum had little or no traffic as to that fact you made comments to me in person sully about its lack of traffic. Myself and Patrick at the time worked on the forum, started interesting topics and posters joined in and then as time progressed we sat back as they started the topics and took the forum to the high happy sense of community togetherness that it experienced at its peak. The forum attracted new posters with its new lease of life and a fair few of these posters became regulars and a really strong community bond was formed. We are all on first name basis with each other. That is unheard of in any other county forum.

Where the hell did it all go wrong. What has happened to the carlow forum. This needs to be said. I'm speaking for the community of posters who make the carlow forum what it is. So no this shouldn't result in a ban. I've been contacted by posters of this forum airing their disappointment that they no longer find any pleasure posting here. THIS IS WRONG and it needs to change and quick because otherwards you can welcome back the early days of 2-3 posters maximum which certainly wont require the 3 active mods we have.

I've watched the forum grow and to be fair its pretty ****ty seeing it decline now. If you want move this to feedback but leave it here also for the carlow people to see because there are a lot who agree and without us you wont have a forum. It's a democracy for crying out loud, laugh bicker and snide remark if you want but i used to enjoy posting here and i no longer do. I'm not alone on this and if it warrants me getting a ban then to be honest i don't care because i couldn't be arsed posting here anymore.

Dan

Mod Note:
    anyon banned for a week, after ignoring my PM.

stick-dan; Take it to Feedback. This is not the place and you know it. Also, read the PM also sent to you.

Everyone else; Excuse the interruption, carry on as normal and as per earlier in thread warning.

EDIT: I'm happy to discuss any issues, with the CMod of Region Dub13 and the forum mods over PM or in Feedback about any issues you have here. I'm aware of some, but when discussed, both myself and Dub13 advised the lads (including Dan at the time) that the Carlow forum may have its own community but it must adhere to the concept of what Boards.ie is about, which sadly means what you want you simply cant have. I cant see how any further discussion on that can change - that type of call would have to be made by an Admin for starters, if not the site founders. If you have an issue with moderation or anything else - dragging the Carlow forum down isn't helping and is against Boards.ie Rules which we (the mods and cmods) are here to enforced. You guys all know how to contact us, and we will do what we can to keep things happy but the ethos of Boards.ie and its rules we cant break as its what our job is.

Once again, I ask we keep to the concept of this thread and not discuss forum or moderation issues. Id prefer not to issue any further bans or infractions, so please lads, just take note of the communication methods I have given and use them only. Thanks.

I am going to Public come out and get behind dan, if anyone hasnt noticed! Dan is 100% echoing mine and others opinions, but is the first to say it publicly!

I agree 100% with aynon and stick-dan also.

Topic Update:

Before posting again, please read and note the changed post here

Thanks.

For the info of any Carlow posters - here is the link to the Feedback thread for the concerns raised about the Carlow forum.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055605490

Please feel free to post, whether you agree or disagree.

good night ppl,

this one is for aynon and you won't be able to reply :D:D:D

well you do comment on my random hours

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Sleep is for losers

yeah losers ..... I'm still awake.......I'm a winner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

No tom that makes you an insomniac.lol

• Advertisement

stick-dan wrote: »
    No tom that makes you an insomniac.lol

And that makes you a ? :~)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

erm... great weather alright :confused:

the air is very heavy here today.... something amiss in the atmosphere! :eek:

hoping for some thunder

I'd say the thunder will come, you can feel it in the air!

Just hope nobody gets hurt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I've been hoping for a thunder storm for days.. No luck though :(

I do love the storms

foxinsox wrote: »
    erm... great weather alright :confused:

the air is very heavy here today.... something amiss in the atmosphere! :eek:

That was meant as a difusser...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

No thunder this evening or tonight I'm afraid lads and lassies :p

Web_radar.gif

That big blob of bad weather (fine meteorlogical phase there! :D) will clear us shortly making way to what will hopefully be a dry, clear, evening/night.

Its only 16c here in Carlow town, but the humidity is 89%, hence the reason why its a little sticky and heavy.

Caught some great lightening on the way home from Portlaoise on Thursday night. It was over the Kildavin/Bunclody area. A few people i spoke to told me the thunder woke them up. I always miss it.

That was meant as a difusser...

lol... I so kno that.....

just bit afraid to be waffling on bout random anything else :D

fox

• Advertisement

This is a decent enough site to watch out for thunderstorms in Ireland ;

http://www.laoisweather.com/lightning/

Advertisement