Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

They arrived sometime friday night and set up camp on the other side of the road.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/horse-fair-leaves-village-with-836420000-street-cleanup-bill-1861739.html

I was thinking things were quiet down here over the weekend and it explains the invasion on the Wexford road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Man this place has been quiet the last while..........so anyone got any plans for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Man this place has been quiet the last while..........so anyone got any plans for the weekend?

Work tomorrow morning - then a match (hopefully) - then beers and badly played poker tomorrow night. Saturdays just ain't what they used to be :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Nothing exciting here, working tomorrow as well then going out for dinner in kilkenny. Bring on pay day!!!!

• Advertisement

Was supposed to be heading to Courtown fishing myself but it got put off for a few weeks....have spent the last few weekends re watching boxsets of the Wire so this weekends probably gonna be the same.

Freakin love the wire - keep meaning to re-watch them all again but lent the box set to soo many people never get it back.

Problem with watching the wire too is that I keep trying to talk like stringer bell afterwards haha

Tom10 wrote: »
    Freakin love the wire - keep meaning to re-watch them all again but lent the box set to soo many people never get it back.

Problem with watching the wire too is that I keep trying to talk like stringer bell afterwards haha

Lol....yeah it's a great, probably the best show on tv. So many great characters in it....especially McNulty.

Just about to start season 3.

Lol....yeah it's a great, probably the best show on tv. So many great characters in it....especially McNulty.

Just about to start season 3.

Lad season 3 is probably the best - its where Marlon comes into things and he is deadly.

Best character for me though is Omar. He's just soooo cool. Or bunk. Or ...

So so so many haha

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Man work is quiet today, killing some time studying so i can relax for the day afterwards :)

Have I ranted about this before by the way - people who have a fear of using their indicators when driving. Either driving or just trying to cross the road at roundabouts its really getting me p*ssed off! :mad:

(i'm not good with saturday mornings :p)

• Advertisement

Working tonight finished at 11 though so who knows what i might do. Cinema tomorrow night to see Inglorious Basterds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

just back from ingorious basterds ****ing class...

patrickc wrote: »

So all the reports of Tarantino being past it are a bit premature?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

patrickc wrote: »

Told ya so ... :D

So all the reports of Tarantino being past it are a bit premature?

yeh I think so anyhow

and yeh Shay you were right..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

yeah i thought it was definitely up there with his best :D

I went to see it sunday night and it was everything i hoped it would be. That was Tarrantino at his best, 10/10 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 xdirtydiscox

Hey I no this is a bit random, but can any1 tell me how to post a new thread???

I've looked evrywhere!!

I no I probably sound really stupid but I'm looking for help with something and it's not already on here :(

Thanks in advance :)

On the page where all the threads in the Carlow section are listed if you look in the top left corner under user cp you will see the new thread button. Click that and away you go.

Hey I no this is a bit random, but can any1 tell me how to post a new thread???

I've looked evrywhere!!

I no I probably sound really stupid but I'm looking for help with something and it's not already on here :(

Thanks in advance :)

have a look at this also may be of use to you.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=98

its the newbies and FAQ quide

welcome along

• Advertisement

I'm booking my car in for its NCT tomorrow and i was wondering what i need to do before the date. As you would have seen from the pics that it has been modified bodywise. Will i have to change the exhaust etc. I attached a pic of the engine and marked two parts of the engine that are not standard. Will these affect it being tested? Or should i go to the motors forum and ask there.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

super-rush wrote: »
    I'm booking my car in for its NCT tomorrow and i was wondering what i need to do before the date. As you would have seen from the pics that it has been modified bodywise. Will i have to change the exhaust etc. I attached a pic of the engine and marked two parts of the engine that are not standard. Will these affect it being tested? Or should i go to the motors forum and ask there.
    The strut should be fine. The filter may be a problem. Due to none standard air \ fuel mixture. In my experience the best thing is always just throw it in an for the sake of the retest fee just change what they are not happy with.

also i booked a car in last wed and got a date of 3rd of dec. Sang back an got it in for yesterday.book it in an Don't worry about the silly dates they give you. Ring back the next day an ask for a closer date. For some reason the seem to by trying to show that they are back logged up to their eyeballs.(which the're not.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

tombull82 wrote: »
    The strut should be fine. The filter may be a problem. Due to none standard air \ fuel mixture. In my experience the best thing is always just throw it in an for the sake of the retest fee just change what they are not happy with.

as long as the induction kit is before the sensors then it should give accurate air/fuel mixtures.
    I can't see it being a problem super-rush

anyway, anyone see our visitors back on the relief road up near the big blue barn again?
    bloody typical.. :rolleyes:

SV wrote: »
    as long as the induction kit is before the sensors then it should give accurate air/fuel mixtures.
    I can't see it being a problem super-rush
    :

As I said "may be" Also just having the kit before the sensor does not mean it will defo be fine, It can suspass the MAF sensor limits in some cars which does throw off the actual air/fuel mixtures and can also cause your Lambda to be off from time to time, I know its mainly not always the case but it can happen hence why I said the best bet is to just chance your arm first then fix it after IF there is a problem.

also i booked a car in last wed and got a date of 3rd of dec. Sang back an got it in for yesterday.book it in an Don't worry about the silly dates they give you. Ring back the next day an ask for a closer date. For some reason the seem to by trying to show that they are back logged up to their eyeballs.(which the're not.)

i booked online, yesterday, and got a date for the 9/09/09 quick enuff

I just booked mine and got it for the 10th of September

super-rush wrote: »
    I just booked mine and got it for the 10th of September
    Ha it must be a personal issue against me so i.ve booked in 3 cars in the last few weeks an all 3 where about 2 month waits. Then a follow up call to get a better date

Ha it must be a personal issue against me so i.ve booked in 3 cars in the last few weeks an all 3 where about 2 month waits. Then a follow up call to get a better date

i checked last week and it was dec before i cud get a date, then the articles were in the local papers and got the quick date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I booked mine roughly 6 weeks ago and I had a choice of dates. I took my earliest saturday morning which was about 4 weeks ago. Flow through btw

Advertisement