Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Today, I became an uncle for the 4th time. Actually, it was just 36 minutes ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Today, I became an uncle for the 4th time. Actually, it was just 36 minutes ago :D

thats deadly Shay congrats:) boy or girl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Absolute disgrace the front of the most recent Carlow People regarding the lisbon treaty part.

Those who vote no are 'LOONS' according to them.

Where abouts are their offices?

patrickc wrote: »
    thats deadly Shay congrats:) boy or girl?

Girl, her name is Kate

SV wrote: »
    Absolute disgrace the front of the most recent Carlow People regarding the lisbon treaty part.

Those who vote no are 'LOONS' according to them.

Where abouts are their offices?

The Carlow People Ltd
    Channing House,
    Upper Row Street,
    Co Wexford

• Advertisement

nice name Kate

saw David Brents new film tonight not bad..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

nice name Kate

saw David Brents new film tonight not bad..

David Brents? haha, I LOVE 'The Office', so much so that every movie or show that I see Ricky in I always think of him as Brent, he always seems to behave like Brent anyway.

David Brents? haha, I LOVE 'The Office', so much so that every movie or show that I see Ricky in I always think of him as Brent, he always seems to behave like Brent anyway.

yeh i always think of him as in the office also.. the film is the invention of lying

met your brother and his wife last night too:)

yeh i always think of him as in the office also.. the film is the invention of lying

met your brother and his wife last night too:)

How'd you know he was my brother? :p

How'd you know he was my brother? :p

he's like an older twin I must say. I didn't realise he is friends and trains one of my best mates.

• Advertisement

he's like an older twin I must say.

Damn, yeah, I get that one a lot! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

im pleasantly surprised by the the Green's Revised Programme for Government....lets hope they stick to it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Anyone watching the grand prix snooker final on BBC2 ?

no

was up at the grand prix darts final tonight, bleeding class is all I can say

Who won? was Phil taylor in the final?

phil taylor v van barnveld

taylor won 6-3

was excellent have to say.

Yeah they have spiced the game up in the last few years with the background music... Nick Names for the contenders Models etc...
    Phil taylor is a Machine watched him play on Sky sports on saturday night after Ireland Italy Game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Finally I'm out of the sick bed after six days. Diagnosed with Swine Flu last Wednesday and it flattened me totally. Man flu has nothing on this.

I'm afraid to even post after you incase I get it....

Joking... glad you're ok. I hear its a nasty dose.

• Advertisement

The high tempature and the aches and pains were the worst. Then I was in splendid isolation at home for the six days. Meals on a tray at the bedroom door and a face mask when the kids were nearby.

I arrived home last Saturday week and a friend of mine who is a taxi driver picked me up at the airport and brought me home. He got swine flu on Friday and his wife rang to say he is in agony.

sorry if this sounds like a stupid question....how did you know initially that it wasnt the normal flu? or is it just that its much worse than the normal flu?

Nead21 wrote: »
    sorry if this sounds like a stupid question....how did you know initially that it wasnt the normal flu? or is it just that its much worse than the normal flu?

My tempature rocketed and I started shivering and coughing in the space of an hour. I knew instantly that it wasn't normal. I was a bit wary anyway as in the previous ten days I had been in China, Australia and the U.S. . The best guess is I picked it up in Australia as its got a high incidence rate at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

leincar wrote: »
    My tempature rocketed and I started shivering and coughing in the space of an hour. I knew instantly that it wasn't normal. I was a bit wary anyway as in the previous ten days I had been in China, Australia and the U.S. . The best guess is I picked it up in Australia as its got a high incidence rate at the moment.

Would not be to sure of that, I've heard of a few people local getting it in the last ~2wks, my uncle also got it late last week, the only travelling he done was on a tractor (he was out ploughing fields in plain old Carlow.):D

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

my bad just read the taxi bit..:o or maybe he gave it to you??? it just hit you quicker as you were probably more run down with all the travelling..

sounds very nasty.

can you get that again? or is it like the measles or chickenpox where you only get it once?

Anyone hear about this, apparently some young guy was set upon by several people in Tullow street and given a good going over, the guy ended up in hospital with serious injuries. Happened in the early hours of the morning, just heard it on KCLR.

Yea heard that also.. the streets are always dangerous coming up to halloween... Kids just going a bit spastic, But maybe it wasn't minors who kicked the guys head in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Is it just me or does Tullow St seem to be in the court reports a lot more than any other area

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Advertisement