Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Just had a look at that thread. its the most Pointless Nonsense i have read for a while. the user must be just a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

When is the halloween ball? It wouldn't be this thursday would it?:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

next thursday I'd say. Ask in IT Carlow forum, you should get a definate answer in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

we've just drawn France oh ****e

Id rather Francais than Russia Or Greece Portugal. does anyone know what dates those games will be played? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Home on 14th and away 18th I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

that's correct :)

Cork Goalkeeper Donal Óg Cusack came out of the closet this morning, He is meant to be on the late late show friday night also :)

yeah they were talking about on it the midday show. overall there seems to be good support for him, dotted here and there with the usual hick gob****es who quote catholic church nonsense!

hopefully it will help any other players who want to come out.

Ohh that would be a dodgy move, if team sport players who are gay went public... i think a lot of straight guys would feel uncomfortable in the changing room !! Could you just picture a Premier League player (if 1 was gay)coming out of the closet... imagine the slagging he would get each time he gets the ball :eek:

• Advertisement

SIX PACK wrote: »
    i think a lot of straight guys would feel uncomfortable in the changing room !!

only the straight guys who think they're all that and a bag of chips! ....im fairly certain gay guys have taste too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Went to that 'Penny Lane' market today..........what a load of........... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

Carlow Local Authorities Annual Report 2008 - http://crisp.ie/2008

There is some useful info in there but it's buried in some god awful web design. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

Went to that 'Penny Lane' market today..........what a load of........... :rolleyes:

At least they kept it off to the side. When it fails they can board it up and pretend it never happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Off to Green Day at the O2 this evening with the five Ms Leincars. Oh God!

Green Day are brilliant live...lucky you! :)

Whats the story with the train from dublin? Starey Steve in front of me, and Heroin Harry and his pal Adam the Addict beside me....no wonder most people drive!

Nead21 wrote: »
    Green Day are brilliant live...lucky you! :)

Whats the story with the train from dublin? Starey Steve in front of me, and Heroin Harry and his pal Adam the Addict beside me....no wonder most people drive!

send them my way;)

Heroin Harry did get off in carlow so maybe he came to see you :D

Starey Steve however, well he just needs a whole range of professionals!

Nead21 wrote: »
    Heroin Harry did get off in carlow so maybe he came to see you :D

Starey Steve however, well he just needs a whole range of professionals!

thats my job link him in:D

LOL

i should have just collected a load of people off the train, and we could have walked up to you in a human chain! :D

at one stage Steve (i have no idea what his name is btw) was on the phone and i swear there was no one on the other end! :eek:

• Advertisement

not that would of been funny to see:)

i'll give you commision for each one you bring ;)

A thought just came to mind today, but is it just me and my family that refer to plastic shopping bags as 'Darrers bags', or is a 'Carlow' thing in general? As far as I can remember I've always seemed to call plastic bags by this name, perhaps not as often lately however with the introduction of these reusable bags etc. I think Darrers were the first shop in town to introduce plastic grocery bags and hence the name stuck.

:o

Nope, just you. When I think Darrers bags, I think about those canvas bags you used to get for about 4 quid upstairs.

You remember?? They came in yellow, blue/grey, black or green?

All us "Grungers" had them :)

I remember those alright! Sean Donnelly in Castle Hill used to sell them too. You never see anyone with them now do you?

I'm still convinced there are Carlovians out there whom call plastic bags 'Darrers bags', :p or maybe its just something I picked up from the last generation whom were more familiar with the term.

very seldom see them anywho... and no, its just you croppy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Nope, just you. When I think Darrers bags, I think about those canvas bags you used to get for about 4 quid upstairs.

You remember?? They came in yellow, blue/grey, black or green?

All us "Grungers" had them :)

I had one of those for ages in school :D
    yellow one..

if it rains for much longer the river Barrow is gonna burst its banks.. She cant hold much more :rolleyes:

the Slaney is not far off it either.

I just drove over to Athy earlier & their is a narrow backroad into the town that goes over the Barrow which is flooded... Even though Kildare CC spent over €20k on repairs 2 years ago. :rolleyes: Will be interesting if we get a lot of rain tonight :) It will make up for the rain we didnt get the last few weeks

• Advertisement

Seems I was onto something afterall, I dont feel so bad now :p
    "Darrers Stores" was a Supermarket / Department store which existed in Waterford city, Dungarvan, Tramore and Carlow (Republic of Ireland). In Waterford, the plastic shopping bag became synonomous with Darrers Stores. Many of the older generation to this day still refer to any plastic shopping bag as a "Darrers Bag".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Darrers_bag

From The Nationalist Archive 'End of an era as closure is imminent at Darrers'
    Ask any middle-aged person upwards for a plastic bag and the chances are they will refer to it as a ‘Darrers bag’. Long before the plastic bag became commonplace, resulting in the introduction of an environmental levy, the Darrers bag was a life-saver for many shop-pers.

http://archives.tcm.ie/carlownationalist/2004/09/23/story21924.asp

So now, theres one for ye all, 'Darrers bags' :D

Advertisement