Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Ok maybe us needing boats for the week was a tad wrong :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

eh i think you spoke too soon! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

If you were looking at www.carlowweather.com you'd know what was coming :D

yeah just did that....so where can i buy a boat?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Nead21 wrote: »
    yeah just did that....so where can i buy a boat?? :p

Donating a boat now to potential flood victims? :p

This is all your fault queen-mise!! You should know that! :mad:

:p

• Advertisement

I was told at the start the week that it was going to be horrible.

Ah well the deal from the Town Council is back on. Boats are for rent for €25 a day. Or €5 an hour. Motorised boats are obviously more.

I just had the most horrific drive tonight from Thurles to Carlow. The rain was teeming down, visibility awful and floods all over the place. Really not helped by cars not turning down their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

yeh i drove down from Dublin tonight was horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Was running around in it the last hour, love it :D

HugoIrl wrote: »
    Was running around in it the last hour, love it :D

its fine if it for pleasure. I love walking in the woods in the rain.

driving in the dark, lashing rain... most resounding no.

Any takers for my boats this week. Hugo - you fancy getting a boat tom to the centre of the town. I can arrange for it to be delivered. All the boats are fitted with SatNav. :P:P:P

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    its fine if it for pleasure. I love walking in the woods in the rain.

driving in the dark, lashing rain... most resounding no.

Any takers for my boats this week. Hugo - you fancy getting a boat tom to the centre of the town. I can arrange for it to be delivered. All the boats are fitted with SatNav. :P:P:P

I love driving in the rain too :) as long as its not that dam annoying misty rain.

I might take ya up on that boat offer soon!:p:p

• Advertisement

Any of ye see that spotlight going back and forth across the sky tonight? It was at it at 9pm, and still doing it at 12am, might be doing it still, but I'm not going out to look! Where is it coming from?

Someone calling Batman? Searching for enemy bombers? Making contact with extra terrestrial beings? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Any of ye see that spotlight going back and forth across the sky tonight? It was at it at 9pm, and still doing it at 12am, might be doing it still, but I'm not going out to look! Where is it coming from?

Someone calling Batman? Searching for enemy bombers? Making contact with extra terrestrial beings? :p

Yeah I noticed it..and it stopped EXACTLY above my house!
    I have no idea where it's coming from.. We thought maybe it was from the Temple or the foundry or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭jonny oxford

There was a Heineken green spheres gig (digitalism) in the tower last night I think the spot light was for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Weather forecast is giving a warning of very heavy rain for the next 24hrs The river Barrow around the town is struggling to cope as it is. So think parts of the town might be flooded in the morning, We may also see swans swimming on the road Lol

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Weather forecast is giving a warning of very heavy rain for the next 24hrs The river Barrow around the town is struggling to cope as it is. So think parts of the town might be flooded in the morning, We may also see swans swimming on the road Lol

yeh the fields on the kilkenny road are well flooded already..

god darn rain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I live on the high ground :)

I like to flooding preparations at graigue bridge, one generate pumping water out of the river............ we're saved :rolleyes:

and where is it being pumped to? Back into the river?

They've it pumping into a drain beside the river, my guess is it is further down the river or something

genius!

• Advertisement

LOL

further down the river...haha flood proof so!!

should we or someone organise a few xmas beers or at least a carlow beers session been a long time..

yes :D

Nead21 wrote: »
    yes :D

I agree

i bags i'm not organising it...

I know there is a beers already organised. but don't you think it is an idea to have a water themed one.

Maybe a romantic dinner on a boat going down the kennedy avenue.

Or how about some water skiing up Tullow steet.

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I know there is a beers already organised. but don't you think it is an idea to have a water themed one.

Maybe a romantic dinner on a boat going down the kennedy avenue.

Or how about some water skiing up Tullow steet.

lol....:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

SIX PACK wrote: »
    So think parts of the town might be flooded in the morning, We may also see swans swimming on the road Lol

Maybe then this lazy sh1t will be even less inconvenienced than normal. Saw this within the last few weeks, he pulled up alongside the river at the rowing club on a beautiful saturday morning and was smoking and talking on his phone while his daughter fed the swans from the open window of the car....:confused:

DC49327D7365428FBCA219DB6B33F75C-800.jpg

patrickc wrote: »
    should we or someone organise an emergency flood relief scheme for those living in Graiguecullen?....

Sounds like a good idea Pat, thanks for your concern! :):p

Kwalshe, I've often seen people feed the swans from there cars, looks a little odd alright, but, I guess the swans are getting some food, so its not all bad.

• Advertisement

Sounds like a good idea Pat, thanks for your concern! :):p

your more than welcome:D

Advertisement