Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Does anyone know what the roads are like out the country?

We're stuck here for now(Bunclody) The town was completely blocked earlier after a lorry lost control. Bloody hills all around make it almost impossible to drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

super-rush wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the roads are like out the country?

We're stuck here for now(Bunclody) The town was completely blocked earlier after a lorry lost control. Bloody hills all around make it almost impossible to drive.

No idea about actual conditions at the moment but here's where the council have/plan to salt.

http://www.carlow.ie/SiteCollectionDocuments/News/Road%20Weather%20Alerts/27-11-10-11am-road-weather-alert.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

roads around Ballon and Fenagh aren't too bad if you take things handy and slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bestable

I went out this morning to my dog agility class. But according to forecast the weather was forced to get better i had no sooner got their it start snowing heavily trailer on the car.roads are very bad out around garryhill some of the Hillis are impassable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

bestable wrote: »
    dog agility class

Do go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

just after starting to snow again in carlow. Is this start of our supposed foot of snow. I love snow, so bring it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

are you in the town, I'm patiently waiting to to wrapped in an icicle filled situation to stop my 9:00 meeting in Pearse St....

Cmon already...... snow dammit

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    just after starting to snow again in carlow. Is this start of our supposed foot of snow. I love snow, so bring it on.

Anymore news on this?? Whats the snow like now??

I'll be driving home from nights in the morning. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

good bit of snow fell in carlow this morning, and has been snowing on and off since then..... sorry if this is too late tombull :o

Nead21 wrote: »
    good bit of snow fell in carlow this morning, and has been snowing on and off since then..... sorry if this is too late tombull :o

Thanks Nead, just home now more or less. Took bloody ages, celbridge/straffen/kill road was a mess, coupled with single lane motorway all the way. :-(. your prob off for today? No School, snow day! Ye ha. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Roads are all thawing out around the town. :)

Yeah was around the town @ 10 am or so and the roads weren't too bad at that stage.

Meant to be getting a bigger downpour of snow later this afternoon and evening.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I parked the car in the snow this morning, it has since melted and it looks like I'm the worst person in the world at parking a car :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

SV wrote: »
    Roads are all thawing out around the town. :)

At last some good news.

super-rush wrote: »
    At last some good news.

and the snow is falling heavily again but it's not able to stick..bahaha :D

tombull82 wrote: »
    Thanks Nead, just home now more or less. Took bloody ages, celbridge/straffen/kill road was a mess, coupled with single lane motorway all the way. :-(. your prob off for today? No School, snow day! Ye ha. :-)

yeah i was sent home yesterday and off today. the roads must have been worse this morning as the motorway was fine yesterday morning....not looking forward to travelling tomorrow if that's the case :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Three hours from Dublin Airport to Ballon. It is chucking it down right now.

and the snow is falling heavily again but it's not able to stick..bahaha :D

Been snowing heaily here since about 6 and it all stuck. I hope i managed defrost the engine in the van properly. Such a pain in the arse.

Been snowing around Ballon since 6ish and hasn't stopped since about 3 inches of snow laying on the ground at the moment.

Don't even have the leisure of a snow day tomorrow as I work from home :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

look out your windows.. blizzard conditions

• Advertisement

patrickc wrote: »

Nooooo.

Tonights my last night.... God I hope I don't get stuck in work on my days off.. :eek:

patrickc wrote: »

Yeah its been fairly rough all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Some snow falling out there...

I brought the dogs out for a walk around Tesco's - the first time the pup had been out in the snow. Cars were going all over the place. Turning right into car park - and ending up on footpath on the left :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Although I did learn tonight - it is impossible to take a picture of a white dog in snow during a blizzard.

loads of snow in carlow town and its deep

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bestable

5B8D927900D74916B5C9A666758D7B5D-0000325343-0002059243-00800L-F531CAC9BD4F4426985D100BCB59E151.jpg
    By bestable at 2010-08-06

FAC553AC82C5454BBAFC1874ACBBD56E-0000325343-0002059242-00800L-0F243EA553994B448235A5F6ED64EA39.jpg

BED04E04E0CC4F18B04D56BDB8CB22D2-0000325343-0002059241-00800L-5838C558BA2449458BA950A22A5C80FB.jpg

0D1AC128E8434C1695C4ED755CCAE69A-0000325343-0002059240-00800L-F6D740D199354347B040C9F070136FB7.jpg

the dogs loving the snow

Mod Edit: Some beautiful photos there and some gorgeous animals, but please keep the image sizes down and feel free to use the "Random Carlow Photography Thread" http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055480101
    Post number 1 has some guidelines on the image size.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

anybody chance driving today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

View from shamrock plaza this morning.

ShayK1 wrote: »

I drove home from leixlip a while ago. What a nightmare. :-( back roads are a disaster and the motorways aren't much better. I drive a 4x4 so i can only suspect it was a lot worse for car drivers. Came across a lot of spin off's etc.

ShayK1 wrote: »

I've been out in out there the past half hour.

Not good to drive in at all.

The tires and car I suppose are helping me incredibly but it's not something I can see myself risking again to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I've been out in out there the past half hour.

Not good to drive in at all.

The tires and car I suppose are helping me incredibly but it's not something I can see myself risking again to be honest.

What are you driving?

Advertisement