Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

View from my home office window 60 mins ago or so and its is still snowing here
    reckon close to a foot on the ground out there now

AD26C634C0FD400CBAEEC35C866B8E50-0000332293-0002059937-00800L-A27462949BFB46BAB35BFA4580C7B838.jpg

D41C872D7236492695E31436881C7AA2-0000332293-0002059936-00800L-D6F8909E49ED4D0CA9D7D0DD1BF90CCD.jpg

A0E9E0E5A0B144C1A679A102C82CD5F1-0000332293-0002059935-00800L-938F38D7AE514052A7A8ECAC839F0827.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ShayK1 wrote: »
    What are you driving?

Clio172, 2litre engine up front keep heavy front down for traction.
    Rain specific tires on deflated to 20psi has made all this a bit of a breeze..

Gonna order some snow chains though

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bestable

that s grand the snow wont wory you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Some amount of snow falling. Quite amazing really.

Our water has just been cut by the guys doing the drainage works :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

SV wrote: »
    Clio172

NICE!!

I've been looking at chains too. Can't decide between snow socks, chains, spikes spider or winter tyres.

Its so hard to know whats gonna work best.

• Advertisement

Queen-Mise wrote: »

Our water has just been cut by the guys doing the drainage works :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Are you serious?

What part of town?

Are you sure its cut and not frozen pipes?

Are you serious?

What part of town?

Are you sure its cut and not frozen pipes?

Oh they are cut. They are 15ft x 10ft drain being dug - ten feet from our house (between us & the railway track).

They are out at the moment trying to fix it - eejits.

NICE!!

I've been looking at chains too. Can't decide between snow socks, chains, spikes spider or winter tyres.

Its so hard to know whats gonna work best.

I'm thinking winter tires to go on regardless.
    They'll last until feb/march and I'll switch them back.

snow socks on the back wheels, snow chains or spikes spider on the front..I'll be unstoppable :P

I'm thinking winter tires to go on regardless.
    They'll last until feb/march and I'll switch them back.

snow socks on the back wheels, snow chains or spikes spider on the front..I'll be unstoppable :P

My dilemma, for want of a better word, is what is going to be best for our winter.
    Like, you might need chains to get out of your estate/driveway but then 2 miles out the road you could be back onto wet tarmac.

Those spikes spider look good but they're pricey enough too.
    Can't make up my mind......

Well that's the beauty of the winter tires, they're in their element below temps of 7 degrees and in snow.
    Which we're going to be seeing a lot more of, especially the lower temperatures.

If I HAD to pick specifically to keep cost down but effectiveness high, I'd go for winter tires and snow socks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Oh they are cut. They are 15ft x 10ft drain being dug - ten feet from our house (between us & the railway track).

They are out at the moment trying to fix it - eejits.

all back now queen,,lol thank god how do you stick the noise of them digging so late

Well that's the beauty of the winter tires, they're in their element below temps of 7 degrees and in snow.
    Which we're going to be seeing a lot more of, especially the lower temperatures.

If I HAD to pick specifically to keep cost down but effectiveness high, I'd go for winter tires and snow socks.

just 2 for the drive wheels or the full set?

just 2 for the drive wheels or the full set?

Full set if you're AWD or RWD, if you're just front wheel drive then just the driving wheels.
    Should do it, steer from the front and all that. The back will swing around but it's just a different way of doing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

+1 winter tires should be enough to see you through Shay and maybe socks or a set of cheap chains if all else fails.

DANNY22XX wrote: »
    all back now queen,,lol thank god how do you stick the noise of them digging so late

Do you remember the bridge being built on the new bypass, there was a 30ft drill going 24/7. That was noise.

All that is outside is a big jcb, i cant hear it through the double glaze. As well its only earth outside. Only thing annoying me is my dog barking at them (and he'd bark at his shadow).

It will be a different story when they reach the grotto square :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Clio172, 2litre engine up front keep heavy front down for traction.
    Rain specific tires on deflated to 20psi has made all this a bit of a breeze..

2l in a Clio! Must be massive in the engine bay? What do have up there an engine and about enough room for a dipstick lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

:mad: why isint the town pk open to the public i know the snow is bad but its no worse than the footpaths around town,

SIX PACK wrote: »
    :mad: why isint the town pk open to the public i know the snow is bad but its no worse than the footpaths around town,

Probably fear of people slipping into the water?

kwalshe wrote: »
    2l in a Clio! Must be massive in the engine bay? What do have up there an engine and about enough room for a dipstick lol

Well it wouldn't be roomy..

the paths are deadly around the town now. Especially the ones that had snow cleared of them - the thaw on paths is turning to ice. Watch for icicles (sp) dropping also.

Its not fun out there at the moment.

• Advertisement

There's a great thaw out all the same.
    It's not cold enough at the moment to freeze so..should be fine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Its a public park it should be open either ways, It shouldn't be for the Council to decide the Tax Payer pays for it,
    Then again their wil always be an element of society who fall an exaggerate their injury for compensation,
    Iv heard of a few National Schools who dont let the kids run around the playground anymore because parents have Sued in the past if their child fell.

jees pretty quiet around here for the last few days..

Any sign of snow around carlow yet or will we be waiting until tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Hey lads, what was the name of the club/pub that dev from cornation street opened? Was across from tullow st entrance to dinn ri, where Crottys and O Connors bookshop was

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

Cosmo Browns I believe Trilla

tommycahir wrote: »
    jees pretty quiet around here for the last few days..

Any sign of snow around carlow yet or will we be waiting until tomorrow?

only a very light dusting so far.
    it feel earlier in the day but it's still on the ground

Trilla wrote: »
    Hey lads, what was the name of the club/pub that dev from cornation street opened? Was across from tullow st entrance to dinn ri, where Crottys and O Connors bookshop was

thanks!

It had a couple of names.. Cosmo browner was definitely one of them think the ritz was another..

only a very light dusting so far.
    it feel earlier in the day but it's still on the ground

Starting to get a light dusting of snow now here too.. Pretty fed up with it at this stage.. But guess we will have to get used to it according to the guys over in the weather forum...

tommycahir wrote: »
    Starting to get a light dusting of snow now here too.. Pretty fed up with it at this stage.. But guess we will have to get used to it according to the guys over in the weather forum...

Yeah. Seriously considering buying an old cheap 4x4. If we get another serious snowfall in January I might have to source something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

did anyone hear about a stabbing in town last night?

Advertisement