Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Stuck in Heathrow. Now for a rant. I flew into Heathrow from Auckland via Sydney and Dubai. Everything perfect, as a treat my company flew me home first class on an A380 and so civilised it was unbelievable, especially my suite and shower facilities. Arrived in Heathrow on Friday evening, looking forward to getting home for Christmas. Place at a standstill, fair enough with the exception of moaning passengers(mainly American and British). Arrive at Aer Lingus desk to be told I may not get a flight home until Wednesday. I, as a few people would know travel vast amounts and when travelling in Europe use Aer Lingus as much as possible, always business class. At this stage I'm not impressed, so I rang Cityjet and will fly home tomorrow morning from London City with them. Aer Lingus have lost me as a customer. Now for a hotel on that side of London. Happy Christmas all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

leincar wrote: »
    Stuck in Heathrow. Now for a rant. I flew into Heathrow from Auckland via Sydney and Dubai. Everything perfect, as a treat my company flew me home first class on an A380 and so civilised it was unbelievable, especially my suite and shower facilities. Arrived in Heathrow on Friday evening, looking forward to getting home for Christmas. Place at a standstill, fair enough with the exception of moaning passengers(mainly American and British). Arrive at Aer Lingus desk to be told I may not get a flight home until Wednesday. I, as a few people would know travel vast amounts and when travelling in Europe use Aer Lingus as much as possible, always business class. At this stage I'm not impressed, so I rang Cityjet and will fly home tomorrow morning from London City with them. Aer Lingus have lost me as a customer. Now for a hotel on that side of London. Happy Christmas all.

you really ranted to make us all jealous? by god you seem to have some job that lets you travel so much:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

More Snow Whooo Its nice as long as you dont hav to drive in it

Good luck to anyone driving tonight out of Dublin. I left Dundrum Town Centre at three o'clock and arrived home five minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

leincar wrote: »
    Good luck to anyone driving tonight out of Dublin. I left Dundrum Town Centre at three o'clock and arrived home five minutes ago.

wow that's pretty dire alright, makes me appreciate that I work from home now rather than commuting!

• Advertisement

tommycahir wrote: »
    wow that's pretty dire alright, makes me appreciate that I work from home now rather than commuting!

It was worse than work. The wifeen and five junior Ms Leincar's shopping. I managed to get in from London City on the 20th.

The Snow must be well gone now Very mild out there today :), Glad to see the last of it to tbh, was sick to the teeth of it :cool:,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

SIX PACK wrote: »
    The Snow must be well gone now Very mild out there today :), Glad to see the last of it to tbh, was sick to the teeth of it :cool:,

8 degrees this morning and raining.
    a sure fire way to get rid of snow!

Not meant to be the last of it.. according to the guys over in the weather forum it is to get colder again around new years.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

This has got to be the most boring county in Ireland, honest to god, home for xmas and i want to chew my bleeding arm off... Carlow needs to improve big time and offer more variety in shops/ammenities/parks/entertainment, etc.Bleedin Joke of a county...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 bestable

I have been living in Carlow for 20 years now .I haven't been bored once maybe I just have interesting friends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtjFsFXU9YU

exactly you've been here that long.Prob just used to it, move away for a while and come back, then you'll see.

stick-dan wrote: »
    exactly you've been here that long.Prob just used to it, move away for a while and come back, then you'll see.

I have a similar feeling when it comes to heading back to Tipperary for any length of time. I think alot of it is that I am now more at home in Carlow than in Tipperary??

tommycahir wrote: »
    I have a similar feeling when it comes to heading back to Tipperary for any length of time. I think alot of it is that I am now more at home in Carlow than in Tipperary??

hit the nail on the head there tommy, the last five years i have predominatedly lived in two different counties, the first four in waterford and recently galway. More cities as opposed to the town of carlow, which as a result means there is more variety. All part of me growing old i guess:P

Im a blow in too My home town is Roscrea havn't lived there since i was 17, Im 25 now lived in a good few places in last 8 yrs. Spent 2yrs in Boston, then their economy down the toilet in 04,05
    So came home and start working for my brother Roofing, We wer doing a job in Clondalkin think it was end of 2005 & i figured i could make twice as much money up here so got a job doing formwork.
    I ended up in Carlow after falling in Love. Dont kno what 2011 has in store but i sure as hell wont be sticking around If i hav to remain unemployed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MrMcLegend

Graduated Yesterday now have letters after my name, just what i always wanted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Graduated Yesterday now have letters after my name, just what i always wanted :P

Well done Dan.

well done and congrats Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Well done Dan

Careful Mods.

He'll be looking for his Mod status back now he has no more studies left ;)

• Advertisement

tombull82 wrote: »
    Well done Dan

Careful Mods.

He'll be looking for his Mod status back now he has no more studies left ;)

couldnt take it back tom, there was a clause saying you had to reside in the county for that, im a galway boy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

couldnt take it back tom, there was a clause saying you had to reside in the county for that, im a galway boy now.

But but i live in.......:pac:

I'm actually stuck in Loughrea for the night, i'm assuming you're in the city?

yupp well edge of it

Town pk is flooded this wall is going to really be put to the test in next 48hrs hope Centaur st (wher im living) doesn't flood otherwise all the money they spent building the flood barrier will be a waste of money :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

How is it looking this morning? sounded like there was a lot of rain overnight.
    Went down for a look on the way to work.

Very full, would probably have flooded, or at least be coming up through the drains in previous years.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70511870&postcount=281

Centaur st was flooding last nite was nearly up as far as diceys but they hav the underground drainage system connected over in Millbrook so wer able to keep pumping the water out over there. I agree if the Wall wasn't up it would be a disaster, Id say Leighlibridge was flooded ! Maganey (3 counties) is flooded nothing new there,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sat cw

Centaur st was flooding last nite was nearly up as far as diceys but they hav the underground drainage system connected over in Millbrook so wer able to keep pumping the water out over there. I agree if the Wall wasn't up it would be a disaster, Id say Leighlibridge was flooded ! Maganey (3 counties) is flooded nothing new there,
    No still about 6 inches below critical level in Leighlinbridge. Its receeding at the mo all good still.

Someone was telling me RubberBandits are playing in carlow for RAG wk can anyone confirm this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Someone was telling me RubberBandits are playing in carlow for RAG wk can anyone confirm this ?

Yeah they are playing in the Temple on Wednesday. On their facebook page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

yupp well edge of it

congratulations on graduating. you seriously put the work in - to get the mark you did.

Advertisement