Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Which do ye think would be the best way to Cork, head across to Abbeyleix and get on the motorway after Ballacolla or take the motorway down to Waterford and then on the old way?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Which do ye think would be the best way to Cork, head across to Abbeyleix and get on the motorway after Ballacolla or take the motorway down to Waterford and then on the old way?

Is the motorway the whole way from Carlow to Waterford.

I always go by Abbeyleix - would never think of going of going via Waterford.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Is the motorway the whole way from Carlow to Waterford.

I always go by Abbeyleix - would never think of going of going via Waterford.

It is, then over the cat flap and onto the Cork road, still don't know which would be quicker.

It is, then over the cat flap and onto the Cork road, still don't know which would be quicker.

I'd say they are pretty similar. Are you likely to get many delays from Waterford to Cork because from Carlow to Abbeyleix is usually ok for traffic. Where you are heading for in Cork itself is probably the deciding factor though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I normally go to Kilkenny and across through Freshford and on to the motorway that way.

This is coming from Tullow, so I don't take the motorway to Kilkenny. That said, lots of traffic vans are now on the "old" road, plus lots of tootlers, afraid of a motorway.

Waterford to Youghal is good,road wise, but once off the Youghal by-pass, the road worsens, you can be badly delayed in Killeagh and Castlemartyr and the road from Midleton to Jack Lynch tunnel is poor in places.

• Advertisement

I normally go to Kilkenny and across through Freshford and on to the motorway that way.

This is coming from Tullow, so I don't take the motorway to Kilkenny. That said, lots of traffic vans are now on the "old" road, plus lots of tootlers, afraid of a motorway.

Waterford to Youghal is good,road wise, but once off the Youghal by-pass, the road worsens, you can be badly delayed in Killeagh and Castlemartyr and the road from Midleton to Jack Lynch tunnel is poor in places.

In that case I would head straight to Abbeyleix for motorway and straight down then to Jack Lynch Tunnel.

I am not opening a new thread for this. Even the title would cause mass hysteria. I heard it said this evening that Larry Murphy is in Carlow. There was an old thread on this back in January.

I wonder if there is any truth in it or is it old rumours being circulated again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

captain-havoc

I go to Cork very regularly.

there little in it, usually going one way I'll go Carlow-Comer-Ballyragget-Durrow-Johnstown and onto the m8, coming back I often go AbbeyLeix, Carlow and back.

Going Freshford- KK- Carlow is about 20 mins longer IMO.

patrickc wrote: »
    captain-havoc

I go to Cork very regularly.

there little in it, usually going one way I'll go Carlow-Comer-Ballyragget-Durrow-Johnstown and onto the m8, coming back I often go AbbeyLeix, Carlow and back.

Going Freshford- KK- Carlow is about 20 mins longer IMO.

I agree on the Freshford part alright. The Kilkenny/Urlingford road is horrid and they are speed cameras on it also now. You can get caught behind something doing 40MPH for the 20 odd miles, although it is a fun road to drive if you get it clear.

And you are best of avoiding the old N8 anywhere between Urlingford and Portlaoise because the artics all use it to avoid paying tolls outside Portlaoise. My opinion - if you are going on the M8 - aim straight for Abbeyleix and straight on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 LupinFace

Has anyone ever had any problems with ebay?
    (Specifically with selling).

• Advertisement

LupinFace wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had any problems with ebay?
    (Specifically with selling).

probably not the best place here for that question. Here is a link to a better place?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=583

Thanks for the advice on the trip to Cork. Took Abbeyleix way on the way down and I was in Turners Cross for about 2h30. I came back via Waterford as I was driving at night the whole way and it took me about 2 hours to get to Kilkenny, so not really much in the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 LupinFace

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    probably not the best place here for that question. Here is a link to a better place?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=583
    Cheers, bro.

LupinFace wrote: »
    Cheers, bro.

I'm a bro ;););)

I suppose I could be with the name, never thought of that :eek::eek::eek: Oh I could have fun now...

I would love some waffles now :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Would anyone else like some waffles with some ice-cream & maple syrup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Home after six weeks away. It dosen't look as if I missed anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bestable

No it is like the country is on standby you know like your TV when you're not watching it when the little red light is on but there is no picture well that what the country is like and there is a queen, coming I don't really know why but she's coming and a presiedent I don't really know if any of that is going to do anything for us but hey they are coming. No jobs no money no future for our children more security for our elderly but hey there is a queen coming o and IRA are back its only getting better and better what will it be next :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Me auld thread is going strong still. :) whoop! I remember starting this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

stick-dan wrote: »
    Me auld thread is going strong still. :) whoop! I remember starting this.

When this was all fields right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

indeedio, back in the day.

• Advertisement

indeedio, back in the day.

It is very slow these days around here. We must blood in some more victims...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

+1

i definitely agree to that...

Lads let me tell you of a special place where the burgers stand 6 inches tall, the fries are to die for, the milkshakes are litres not small glasses..This my friends is not a dream. I dare not lie to you...Such a place with unbelievable food exists..I CALL IT EDDIE ROCKETS...

I go to it lately down in waterford, that's what we need in carlow, And the uniforms ain't half bad either;)

No need to go to waterford anymore eh!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Trust Dan to have quare taste! Eddie Rockets isn't nice at all! McDonalds is better than it in my opinion tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Burger King beats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

BK....... Emmmm...

Anyone got news on Tom L's Case with regard to the BK building on the KK road?

The way court cases drag out in this Country I'd say it will be a while before we have our BK open.

Leinstertainment. Hic! Well done Sean O'Brien. Hic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Great quote from RTE today
    Superman wears Sean O'Brien pyjamas!

Another brilliant landmark for Sean O'Brien who last night was voted European rugby player of the year.

Considering he does not come from a rugby background, did not go to a rugby school, indeed he went to Tullow community school, this is an amazing achievement.

Remarkable considering the size and population of Carlow that we have a genuine sports superstar in our midst.

Well done that man.

If he keeps it up and with the present level of interest in rugby, Carlow has the potential to become a rugby bastion outside of South Dublin and Limerick. Marvellous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Just finished some updates to the number of stickies in the forum in preparation for some upcoming changes to the boards mobile site. ;)

Now to get ready to fight the queues around the town this evening for some nice stuff for the BBQ this weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Hi guys was walking down College St earlier & a Garda standing at the side enterance, Just wondering did anyone hear what happened :rolleyes: ?

I did ask the Garda but he said he's not Obliged to give out that information.

Advertisement