Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Has anyone else seen the guy carrying a cross around the county today? I just saw him heading in the Ballon direction on the Wexford road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

super-rush wrote: »
    Has anyone else seen the guy carrying a cross around the county today? I just saw him heading in the Ballon direction on the Wexford road.

He is trying to bring peace to the rioting in England. Was on the way walking towards Rosslare :D;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Hi everyone,

Just back in Kerry after a week in Carlow, want to say that we had a great time, lovely place and lovely people too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

groovie wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Just back in Kerry after a week in Carlow, want to say that we had a great time, lovely place and lovely people too.:D

great to hear that, and glad you enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

jaysus pat, remove that terrible signature will ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

stick-dan wrote: »
    jaysus pat, remove that terrible signature will ya

indeed I wont Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

groovie wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

just back in carlow after a weekend in kerry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Nead21 wrote: »

I hope you had a pleasant time in the Kingdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Was in Killorglin last weekend.
    Got to try golf for the first time. :D
    Amazing course with amazing views. Breathtaking countryside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

I left Ireland on June 21 on what should have been a three week work trip to Greece and Germany. Due to the vagaries of incompetent pillocks it turned in to a five week commute between Greece, Germany, Argentina and the U.S. followed by a swift dose of pneumonia and pleurisy and a two week stay in hospital in Atlanta.

Arrived home today and on telling the significant Mrs Leincar that I'm still going to New Zealand on Sept 6 for the rugby world cup(mainly work) she replied that " If I'm looking for sympathy, its in the dictionary between **** and syphilis." She is of course, quite correct.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Just back from a lovely time in Clare. Glad to be home though.

The cases are packed, off to New Zealand for the rugby world cup. Back in seven weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

leincar wrote: »
    The cases are packed, off to New Zealand for the rugby world cup. Back in seven weeks.

So jealous, Be it work or not... If you need a luggage carrier next time round let me know. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Great stuff , get out there and give the lads a big shout out from the Carlow Boardsies.... Have a good time....

Lovely day here in Auckland. Heading off to Eden Pk for final preparations and the first game this evening, New Zealand V Tonga.

Then down to Dunedin on South island for Argentina V England. On Sunday, its back to North island and New Plymouth for Ireland V U.S.A. . Unfortunately the forecast for Sunday is rain followed by showers(sounds all too familiar).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Leincar clearly has the best job in the world! *

*above statement may contain traces of jealousy

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nevsky

Leincar clearly has the best job in the world! *

*above statement may contain traces of jealousy

I can vouch for that. He got me a job as an intern in the London office earlier on this year. They just kept me on full time. Maybe in 20 years I can have his job. Also for a guy in his position he is a lunatic(in the best possible way).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Lovely day here in Auckland. Heading off to Eden Pk for final preparations and the first game this evening, New Zealand V Tonga.

Then down to Dunedin on South island for Argentina V England. On Sunday, its back to North island and New Plymouth for Ireland V U.S.A. . Unfortunately the forecast for Sunday is rain followed by showers(sounds all too familiar).

No chance ye need a IT project manager out there for a few weeks???

*for most of us hear the next few weeks for ya sound like a carlsberg tv ad!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Erm..what IS the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

SV wrote: »
    Erm..what IS the job?

I agree - Leincar what do you do for a living?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I agree - Leincar what do you do for a living?
    I'm VP and Director of International Event Management for one of FIFA's partners.

I knew i'd seen it somewhere.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68494245&postcount=13

That probably encompasses my career in a couple of paragraphs.. Next year will be enormous and hectic with the euro soccer championships and the Olympic games. I'll try and post more when I get time. Somewhere in the random waffle thread there are a few posts from the world cup in South Africa last year.

You should blog, your movements could make for interesting reading or learning depending on who is reading.. ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68494245&postcount=13

That probably encompasses my career in a couple of paragraphs.. Next year will be enormous and hectic with the euro soccer championships and the Olympic games. I'll try and post more when I get time. Somewhere in the random waffle thread there are a few posts from the world cup in South Africa last year.

tombull82 wrote: »
    You should blog, your movements could make for interesting reading or learning depending on who is reading.. ;)

If I genuinely had the time I probably would, however last year I couldn't even post on this thread during the world cup. Life has a terrible habit of getting in the way.

On to other things, the atmosphere in Auckland has been fabulous with Irish and Aussie supporters all over the town. It should be a great occasion tonight. Now if only I could get an Aussie to buy me a beer.(In 25 years of travelling around the world its never happened.)

tombull82 wrote: »
    You may update your Pix.ie account with some of these "Sunshine" shots Tommy

Your Sig is given me terrible thoughts of what may be coming to us again this Nov. :-)

Finally managed to get around to adding some of the summer pics up there, most of them as it turns out are of our dogs!

Lovely morning here in Auckland. The forecast is for showers this afternoon and possibly during the match. Hope you all enjoy your breakfast while watching the game.

Lovely morning here in Auckland. The forecast is for showers this afternoon and possibly during the match. Hope you all enjoy your breakfast while watching the game.

Breakfast Jesus I'll be too busy screaming at the tv to eat!! :)

Enjoy the match leincar going to be a cracker by all accounts.

Just hope we get a decent performance from the lads especially our Carlow native!!

Good god I am completely hoarse here after that game!! Immense game at 7 by the Carlow man o'brien :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Had to work in Galway this morning , listened in on the Radio, I was screaming so loud in the cleanroom I was working in, got a talking to by management. How I wish I was back in Carlow , but then I would have to fufill my wager and run down the main street in Ballon with just my Ireland jersey on..... Gwooooonnnnnn IRELAND!!!!!:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Same as here.

Even made the 2yr old cry. :-(

Advertisement