Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Cleanroom with a radio?? Lucky you.

kwalshe wrote: »
    Had to work in Galway this morning , listened in on the Radio, I was screaming so loud in the cleanroom I was working in, got a talking to by management. How I wish I was back in Carlow , but then I would have to fufill my wager and run down the main street in Ballon with just my Ireland jersey on..... Gwooooonnnnnn IRELAND!!!!!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

What a team, what an atmosphere, what a match, what a night. What a head I'll have in a few hours. I'm supposed to be on a flight to Dunedin in five hours. I don't think thats going to happen.

My God but tonight has confirmed what I always knew, the Aussies are extremely poor losers. Now for a nightcap.

Off to Eden Pk for New Zealand v France, Hopefully a good match, though conventional wisdom down here is that France will roll over and surrender.(No real change there then) Weather forcast is for a small chance of a shower.

I'll miss Ireland's game with Russia in Rotorua tomorrow. I have to do the corporate thing at the Argentina v Scotland game instead. The Aussies are still smarting over the defeat against ourselves. Plenty of evil chuckles being had by myself and the crew I have out here. They only chuckle as I'm the boss. I know this as most of them are American and are the sorest of losers at the best of times, but at least they bitch about their own teams and not the opposition.

I have to say this 'soto voce' but New Zealand is a little bit boring, and yes I know for some people I've just committed a blasphemy by saying that, however one of the biggest stories here today has been of the Dublin fan who mingled with the Dublin team after they won at Croke Pk. I think it's one of the funniest sports stories of the last couple of years, but New Zealanders I've talked to are scandalised that a fan could get so near to the team and not get noticed. It must be the Calvinist streak they imported from Scotland 140 years ago. While Auckland is lively, Wellington seems to be populated by men in Farah slacks that school teachers in Ireland wore thirty years ago. Dunedin and Invercargill will never be seen on the world's party animal cities list.

The significant Mrs Leincar arrives next weekend which will be nice I think. She has to await her Mother and sister who are flying in to babysit, so they can all celebrate Rosh Hashanah(Jewish New Year)together next week, which is nice. As a confirmed atheist I just miss out on the food. The kids are texting me all the time reminding me of a promise I made to them, that if Ireland got to the semi-final I would bring them over for it, and the final if we managed to get to it. I'm beginning to think that I'll be buying five return tickets to New Zealand.

This is it, the big one. Off to Dunedin for the Ireland v Italy match. Hopefully many drinks will be taken tonight.

Sean O'Brien, some man for one man. Carlovian of the year.

• Advertisement

The atmosphere in Wellington is awesome. Just like Baggot street or Merrion Row 2 hours before kick off. Green army everywhere. Talking to locals, they have never seen anything like it. In all my years in this business I can get cynical very easily. This is very special. Even the significant Mrs Leincar is loving the vibe, and she hates sport. Managed to source tickets for 3 couples living here from Bagenalstown. The lads went to Knockbeg. Hope everyone enjoys it and Sean O'Brien inspires once more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Afternoon all. Knots and butterflies cannot even begin to describe the strange goings on in my stomach. Extremely nervous.

Wellington is absolutely swamped with Irish people. Sadly, mostly young, but they outnumber Welsh supporters by at least twenty to one. I've exhausted every contact I have for getting tickets. Thousands of Irish have none, they are here for the craic.

In the stadium there might be an even split in fans, but the locals are totally behind us.

Enjoy the rollercoaster.

Talk about the morning after the night before. Such a disappointing result. Kids not happy as they aren't coming out now. I'm not happy as I have to spend the day with Australians and South Africans. Wife not happy as she has to spend the day with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

Heavens to betsy that was some rain - any roads closed etc. around the county?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

jay gatsby wrote: »
    Heavens to betsy that was some rain - any roads closed etc. around the county?

Heard that there are some diversions around Tullow and also the bridge in Graiguecullen.
    Also noticed yesterday that the road from athy road roundabout to seven oaks was also closed but not sure if it was for roadworks or flooding..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

tommycahir wrote: »
    Heard that there are some diversions around Tullow and also the bridge in Graiguecullen.
    Also noticed yesterday that the road from athy road roundabout to seven oaks was also closed but not sure if it was for roadworks or flooding..

graigue didnt seem too bad this morn, and yesterday athy road was closed due to works.

also worth having a look at the Carlow Co Council twitter account they have some updates there -> http://twitter.com/#!/Carlow_Co_Co

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Tullow is clear again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Seems like the flood barrier worked.

super-rush wrote: »
    Seems like the flood barrier worked.

You mean in Carlow or Tullow?

You mean in Carlow or Tullow?

Sorry, Carlow.

Anyone know anything about a band called Jupiter Effect - playing in Scraggs this Saturday. Are they new, local? Maybe they are around for ages but I don't know the name.

Good to see somewhere with live music regularly at long last.

Am I right in saying there has been nothing in CW really since Buzz's friday nights hit the dirt?

Anyone know anything about a band called Jupiter Effect - playing in Scraggs this Saturday. Are they new, local? Maybe they are around for ages but I don't know the name.

Good to see somewhere with live music regularly at long last.

Am I right in saying there has been nothing in CW really since Buzz's friday nights hit the dirt?

They are very good imo and very popular. They've been around for about a year now and yes they are all local lads.

Home from New Zealand. The last 10 days completely crazy. I went across the international date line 3 times followed by final then a night on the lash followed by a flight home. I'm not sure what day it is. At least I have the postal vote so I can have a lie in tomorow. Also got a new job with the same company.

I'm not sure if I'm competent or incompetent so push him upstairs out of harms way. I'll spend more time in the air but the six or seven weeks away at any one time are now a thing of the past.

Between now and Christmas I'll commute to work. Leave Dublin on Monday, depart Atlanta on Thursday, so for the first time in years I'm guaranteed seven or eight weekends at home. Which will be novel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 nevsky

leincar wrote: »
    Home from New Zealand. The last 10 days completely crazy. I went across the international date line 3 times followed by final then a night on the lash followed by a flight home. I'm not sure what day it is. At least I have the postal vote so I can have a lie in tomorow. Also got a new job with the same company.

I'm not sure if I'm competent or incompetent so push him upstairs out of harms way. I'll spend more time in the air but the six or seven weeks away at any one time are now a thing of the past.

Between now and Christmas I'll commute to work. Leave Dublin on Monday, depart Atlanta on Thursday, so for the first time in years I'm guaranteed seven or eight weekends at home. Which will be novel.

Congratulations Cary, we heard rumours in the office that you were going to sit at the top table. Thanks for getting me over to NZ for a couple of weeks.

A quick one, I don't want to start a new thread for this. Does anyone know of a chauffeur and limo in the Carlow area. I need one for five days from this Friday(Nov 4). I can get one from Dublin but would like to give the business locally if possible. Cheers.

leincar wrote: »
    A quick one, I don't want to start a new thread for this. Does anyone know of a chauffeur and limo in the Carlow area. I need one for five days from this Friday(Nov 4). I can get one from Dublin but would like to give the business locally if possible. Cheers.

Hi Leincar

The closest company that I can think of is Leinster Limos and they are based @ Boolavogue Rd Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford - Link

The only other Carlow based solution would be carlow cabs who offer a service called "Chauffeur Driven VIP Cars" - link

Thanks for that Tommyc. As the man said 'sorted'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

I was in that Cash Encounters on Kennedy Av today hoping to sell on my Samsung Galaxy 15500 seen a few on sale in the window going for €75 so i taught i should get at least €40 or €45 for mine i was offered €15 what a joke:confused:. They have old Nokia phones for sale in the place 7 or 8 year old for €50.

Who the hell would want to buy them :rolleyes:?
    Its all 2nd hand product in there but none of it is a bargain another item that caught my eye was a 22"inch flat screen LG tv €165:mad: the same tv is on sale in Tesco €99 & its new in a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Just back from Kiev. I was over there for the Euro Championship draw. Thanks be to Christ the Irish are in Poland, The Ukraine is definitely not a suitable place. Trust me I've been to every Olympic games since '96, World cup since '94 and Euro championship since '96. The infrastructure not up to scratch.

Be gone Snow - you're not wanted in these parts.

Finished up work for a couple of weeks last Friday. Dying all weekend and just diagnosed with Norovirus. Both ends of me are not happy.

Anyhoo Happy Chanukah for tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof

Watch your handbags in Scraggs ladies. A group of my friends had their bags robbed from under their noses the other night. Phones cash makeup etc all gone . Bags dumped in corner MT. Management did not want to know and offered no help.

Advertisement