Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Would anyone know if anywhere rents out steam cleaners ? Need to deep clean a house and dont want to have to buy one for a once off need .

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Have you tried Doyles hire in Graiguecullen? Might be worth giving them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

Owryan wrote: »
    Would anyone know if anywhere rents out steam cleaners ? Need to deep clean a house and dont want to have to buy one for a once off need .

Cheers

i have one that I can lend you if you like?

are you in Carlow town?

patrickc wrote: »

Cheers

i have one that I can lend you if you like?

are you in Carlow town?

@ tommycahir, never thought or doyles , cheers.

@ patrickc, if you could that would be great. I only need 1 for an hour or two , yeah live in the town . Many thanks :-)

@ tommycahir, never thought or doyles , cheers.

@ patrickc, if you could that would be great. I only need 1 for an hour or two , yeah live in the town . Many thanks :-)

sent you a pm earlier, send me a pm back there and where your based in town on it, and we'll sort something out to meet with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

if you're walking on an unlit road in the dark, please, please, please wear reflective/ luminous jackets, nearly took two young lads out of it on the hacketstown road about half five earlier, saw them last minute and braked :mad::mad:

Warrior011 wrote: »
    if you're walking on an unlit road in the dark, please, please, please wear reflective/ luminous jackets, nearly took two young lads out of it on the hacketstown road about half five earlier, saw them last minute and braked :mad::mad:

good advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Hi Carlow, was reading your thread about Burger King and Eddiue Rockets, why go to Waterford we have one in Kilkenny, that little town down the road, they also have one in Clonmel.
    Kilkenny being the only county without a Tesco we feel sort of hard done by not getting a mention of Eddie's place, however I do agree it is pricey but the decorations are brilliant.
    We are told we are preserving the medieval state,hmm lets all go shopping in Carlow:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Hi Carlow, was reading your thread about Burger King and Eddiue Rockets, why go to Waterford we have one in Kilkenny, that little town down the road, they also have one in Clonmel.
    Kilkenny being the only county without a Tesco we feel sort of hard done by not getting a mention of Eddie's place, however I do agree it is pricey but the decorations are brilliant.
    We are told we are preserving the medieval state,hmm lets all go shopping in Carlow:cool:

We have one in Carlow as well.

worth having a look at the video linked in this thread for some rap music from Carlow Locals - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056508992

• Advertisement

Anybody lost a German Shepard around Fairgreen? or know someone who has?

Just seen this link on a friends facebook page -> http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/2871397

just spotted this on twitter

Water shut off between the hours of 12 midnight Thurs 9th & 4.30am Fri 10th Feb in Tullow Rd Area (Closh Pump to Walls Forge) Water shut off will also affect the Link Road (from Brownshill to Eire Óg) and all Housing Estates along the Tullow Road

from Carlow Co Co account

https://twitter.com/#!/Carlow_Co_Co

Due to essential maintenance water service will be off from midnight tonight 14th Feb to 4.30am Wed 15th Feb in parts of Carlow town
    Areas affected: From Brownshill Rd to Eire Óg, Askea Lawns, Mt Leinster Pk, Ashgrove, Woodgrove, Dereen Heights, Cherrymount Dr, Idrone Pk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Just watched Brendog and Bolsak on Rupublic of Telly tonight. I'm gone a bit old for the genre but seriously those lads are good rappers, good tune aswell. Lyrics are NSFW by the way

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Shameless Plug Alert:D:D

The Gaelscoil annual "Aonach na Cásca "(Easter fair) takes place this Sunday 25th from 2-5.
    Loads of stalls, wheel of fortune, Easter bunny, go-cart races,penalty shoot outs, sumo wrestling,face painting, duck races,café with home baking and even a visit from the Easter bunny.
    Admission €2 for adults, accompanied children are free

Fáilte roimh gach éinne (All are welcome).

Water shut off between the hours of 9am & 11am on Tues 3rd April in Dublin Rd, Carlow affecting Four Lakes Business Park & Castle Oaks area

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jackireland

I was in carlow a few years back, and was in a pub but cant rem which one! 1 too many perhaps :rolleyes: . The only thing I do rem was a blond barmaid maybe in her late thirties/early forties, she said she only worked there part time and worked in a school by day. this was at maybe 4 in the afternoon. Any one kniow what put it would be? think it was a bit of an 'old mans' pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I was in carlow a few years back, and was in a pub but cant rem which one! 1 too many perhaps :rolleyes: . The only thing I do rem was a blond barmaid maybe in her late thirties/early forties, she said she only worked there part time and worked in a school by day. this was at maybe 4 in the afternoon. Any one kniow what put it would be? think it was a bit of an 'old mans' pub!

Not a feckin clue.

Have you any idea of its location? was it near to a chipper or club or hotel or any landmarks?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

Old man`s pubs I`d have to say, Corcorans, The Plough, Ewing`s and The Workman`s. You can hit google from there and look for photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

I really hate Terminal 5 at Heathrow. Over two hours to clear Immigration. They need their collective ass's kicked, their fingers taken out and many cop-on tablets must be taken.

God love the place when the Olympics start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

leincar wrote: »
    I really hate Terminal 5 at Heathrow. Over two hours to clear Immigration. They need their collective ass's kicked, their fingers taken out and many cop-on tablets must be taken.

God love the place when the Olympics start.

That's the UK border agency's fault, not the terminal's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Is it just me or can anybody set up a stand outside the post office asking for money :confused: (seems to be the case anyway) A traveller i know is there @ least once a week with his bucket & bib collecting for an unknown cause The sign he uses is very blurry :mad:

Who's in charge of checking permits ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Is it just me or can anybody set up a stand outside the post office asking for money :confused: (seems to be the case anyway) A traveller i know is there @ least once a week with his bucket & bib collecting for an unknown cause The sign he uses is very blurry :mad:

Who's in charge of checking permits ?

The guards.
    Report him....

Arrived back to my car parked in Fairgreen only to find all four tyres slashed. Some bitter bastards going around.

Arrived back to my car parked in Fairgreen only to find all four tyres slashed. Some bitter bastards going around.

They have cameras in the tesco car park , might be worth asking if they caught anything

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

Never heard of such a thing, is it a high class car. We got the wing mirrors kicked off of ours a few times by little *****, but when you track them down their mammies and daddies don`t believe that their little billy`s and Joe`s could do such a thing. Get the cameras checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

What's up with all the mens hair styling products in Tesco? Someone has stuck their dirty fingers in almost every jar, or at least in every jar of the brand I buy. :mad:

Never heard of such a thing, is it a high class car. We got the wing mirrors kicked off of ours a few times by little *****, but when you track them down their mammies and daddies don`t believe that their little billy`s and Joe`s could do such a thing. Get the cameras checked.

Its a nice car. Jaguar XJ.

Anyhoo, the person who did it has since come forward and admitted it. A guy not much younger than myself going through a bad time at the moment. Its been left at that, you don't kick a person when they are down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Its a nice car. Jaguar XJ.

Anyhoo, the person who did it has since come forward and admitted it. A guy not much younger than myself going through a bad time at the moment. Its been left at that, you don't kick a person when they are down.

Wow , what a compassionate thing to do. All I'll say is fair play. Humans are a fragile object, some more brittle than others. Seriously that was a really nice thing to do.

• Advertisement

Anyone attend the 6.30 mass in Graiguecullen yesterday (Saturday) ?

Fr L. Lawton was the priest and in his sermon he effectively called on Card. Brady to resign and for the church to modernese .

Naturally he didnt come right out and say it but it was the tone of his sermon and those i spoke to outside read it much the same as i did .

Advertisement