Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

See petrol has dropped below the €1.60 a litre at last . Paid €1.57.9 today in the maxol station at Highfield .

Wonder would it be worth having a thread up with petrol/diesel prices around the county ? Give people a heads up as to where to go/avoid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Can't see it doing any harm.

Last thread was over three years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Avoid the AIB atm in carlow shopping centre... keeps acting up and a woman's card got stuck in it today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

What! No Sean O'Brien appreciation thread. What an evening at Twickenham with Sean O'Brien leading from the front and back to his brilliant best.

Anyone heading to Kilkenny should fill their car in Carlow first, Kilkenny is up to 8c dearer in some garages i passed yesterday .

157.9 in Carlow vs 165.9 in Kilkenny

• Advertisement

Well, I'm out of Ireland tomorrow until mid-August. D-Day commemorations on Wednesday, then Poland/Ukraine from Thursday followed by London for the build up of the Olympic games and the games themselves.

If anyone wants updates from Poland just shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭tom traubert

Does anyone know anything about the new building site, yes, it's not a typo, new building site on the Kilkenny Rd. opposite the Dolmen Hotel?

Curiosity has a hold of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

Anyone know what time DPD and other couriers make their way through GraigueCullen? I have been told that it is usually the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

i haven't seen it but Carlow Institute of Further Education are supposed to be moving further out the kk road on a new site owned by Carlow IT. Carlow IT are supposed to be developing the land where the institute is to expand the college campus etc. Thats what I heard anyway. Not sure if vocational school is moving also. Maybe that is what the site is about?

In Kiev waiting for Sweden v Ukraine match. Its packed with yellow. Back to Warsaw later on for Poland v Russia, then back to Kharkiv for Holland v Germany followed by Ireland v Spain in Gdansk.

I have to say I've been in over 120 countries and with the exception of Leichtenstein, San Marino and Moldova I've been to every country in Europe. Ukraine leaves me cold. The female population however are stunning looking.

I went to dinner with Martin Keown and Jonathan Pearce(BBC commentator) last night watching Ireland v Croatia(less said the better) Martin told me he was eligible to play for Ireland but never got the call.

I have to say its boring being boss and a figure head. I missed out on Poznan last night, but the two people I hired after advertising on the Carlow forum are still drunk even though one of them at least should be here with me in Kiev.

I'll make sure they stay sober in Gdansk.

• Advertisement

Just had a couple of days off. So no football talk, probably just as well.

The Mrs Leincar and the five Ms Leincar's have joined me. We took them to Ostrava over the Polish border in to the Czech Republic. The girls wanted to see where their Grandmother grew up before the war. Then we went to the Theresienstadt Concentration camp north of Prague where she was liberated by the Soviet Army in May 1945.

Sadly, their Grandmother was the only member of her family to survive, as was their Grandfather who was liberated at Mauthausen Concentration camp.

Today, we took them to Auschwitz-Birkenau, where most of the family were killed.

A sobering day for them.

Another sobering day on Monday. They want to see Ireland play in Poznan. I'm tempted to let them go by themselves while I go to Gdansk to see Spain v Croatia, but I'd be lynched.

Gonna be a bit cheekie here so please forgive me :D

Anywho's am looking for loan of an ext hard drive for a day or two, have to do a complete wipe of my pc and need to back up my pictures/videos .

Would be greatly appreciated

Sitting in the Sheraton in Poznan at the moment. Surprisingly upbeat atmosphere from the team and some of the supporters milling around.

We'll see how it translates later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

Anyone know when the pub "Carpe Diem" is open?

Around Mid-day, on several occasions I have tried to call in, but it is always closed, very annoying.

Their website is devoid of information.

I think the appropriate response to tonight is meh.

Off to Donetsk for England v Ukraine very early in the morning, then back to Warsaw for first quarter final.

Wife and kids very cleverly decide to head for Berlin for some 'shopping.'

Thats one credit card at least about to catch fire.

UEFA and the Euro organisers brought a load of us to Chernobyl.

Interesting day to say the least.

Well second last day in Eastern Europe. The weather in Kiev is fabulous and the atmosphere is sort of building for the final. Personally I found the atmosphere better in Poland, but its nearly all over.

I had the great pleasure of ripping Michel Platini a new one yesterday. Whether it's a good idea or not, the idea of spreading the Euro championships around many different countries was bloody mine and the fecker robbed it.

Of course it was not as finesed as my own, I added sniffily.

Imin Music, formerly Ad-Lib music, is shutting down :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

jpcarlow wrote: »

D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

jpcarlow wrote: »
    It was near impossible for somewhere like this to survive with the likes of Thomann etc. Thats a pity, they were a helpful gang , tried to buy there as much as I could.

• Advertisement

kwalshe wrote: »
    It was near impossible for somewhere like this to survive with the likes of Thomann etc. Thats a pity, they were a helpful gang , tried to buy there as much as I could.
    They were a great gang of people, always very helpful and willing to haggle with their customers

Swung by the Retro store on Dublin Street today, i frickin love it, picked up a few Spidey comics frm the 90s :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Don't quote me on this yet but, a former employee of Ad-Lib has opened a music shop in town.

When i find out for definite i'll post it.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Don't quote me on this yet but, a former employee of Ad-Lib has opened a music shop in town.

When i find out for definite i'll post it.

awesome_b_smiley_face_postcard-p239534397106282280baanr_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Is Apache closed down already?

No signs of life in there the last few times I walked past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

Schism wrote: »
    Is Apache closed down already?

No signs of life in there the last few times I walked past.

cant confirm it myself, but they couldnt make pizza for sh.... the two times i got it there, one time it was busy the other time it wasnt. They kind of ruined apache pizza as a whole for me.

do miss my pizza hut lunches though, over by woodies.

aynon wrote: »
    cant confirm it myself, but they couldnt make pizza for sh.... the two times i got it there, one time it was busy the other time it wasnt. They kind of ruined apache pizza as a whole for me.

do miss my pizza hut lunches though, over by woodies.
    Oh god the apache pizza there was horrible....though i will admit i would be more wary of going to pizza hut when it was near woodies, all those rumours of rats etc... prob bullcrap, but not something you want to risk necessarily, nasty stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

anyone notice the amount of horse and carts going through the town, leaves a bad image of carlow especially one guy glugging a beer on one.

votecounts wrote: »
    anyone notice the amount of horse and carts going through the town, leaves a bad image of carlow especially one guy glugging a beer on one.

sulkys ?? the local knackers have taken to racing them up and down Staplestown rd for the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Owryan wrote: »
    sulkys ?? the local knackers have taken to racing them up and down Staplestown rd for the last couple of weeks.

Local, or ones that landed in?

I work in town and have noticed a lot of new people around in the last few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ganger

Owryan wrote: »
    Wheres the Gardai ??Why have'nt these guys been arrested ??/

Advertisement