Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

ganger wrote: »
    Owryan wrote: »
    sulkys ?? the local knackers have taken to racing them up and down Staplestown rd for the last couple of weeks.
    Wheres the Gardai ??Why have'nt these guys been arrested ??/

Cant be arrested if they are not breaking the law as a garda pointed out to me .

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ganger

Racing up and down staplestown road is that not a danger to the public and other vehicles not to mention the horses ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

As the v nice garda explained to me, its not illegal to have a horse n cart/trap on a public road. They are keeping to the proper lane and not speeding. Unless they cause an accident then not a lot they can do. The boy racers speeding up n down staplestown rd are a greater danger.

The garda agreed that sulkys are a nuisance and a danger but like cars its down to the driver and people reporting them, then they can act .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Off to London this evening for the Olympics. Going for just over four weeks, complete with Irish office.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ganger

Anybody here ever worked for kerry foods ?.What are they like as employers ?..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Anybody else head to the bruce gig during the week? It was amazing cannot get him outta my head now.

Some day in London yesterday. Spent the day on the torch run followed by the first dress rehearsal of the opening ceremony at the stadium last night. If your doing nothing else on Friday its well worth a look.

The person I hired from Bagnelstown is spending the day with the Muhammed Ali entourage. Quite happy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

jay gatsby wrote: »

It may be rumours, but someone presented themselves to the guards in connection with the assault?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thinks too much

leincar wrote: »
    Some day in London yesterday. Spent the day on the torch run followed by the first dress rehearsal of the opening ceremony at the stadium last night. If your doing nothing else on Friday its well worth a look.

The person I hired from Bagnelstown is spending the day with the Muhammed Ali entourage. Quite happy too.

Would love to have got some tickets to go but alas twas not to be...hope you and your team have a fab time over there..keep us mere mortals informed of what the atmosphere over there is like...

• Advertisement

Would love to have got some tickets to go but alas twas not to be...hope you and your team have a fab time over there..keep us mere mortals informed of what the atmosphere over there is like...

Thanks I'll see what I can do. Last nights second dress rehearsal was stunning and the atmosphere building up is unbelievable. Despite what some media would tell you, most people are delighted that London is hosting the Olympics.

This morning I took a helicopter tour of the road cycling route and right now I'm in Weymouth looking at the sailing venue.

The rest of the team from Ireland, U.K. and the U.S. are all on the torch run today and I hope to be back in London for 3.30 to meet up for the final run in to Hyde Pk. The reports I'm getting are crowds 20 to 30 deep in places.

Its all a far cry from Beijing where I found everything contrived and sterile. In fact this will be my fifth Olympics and already this is up there with Sydney 2000. I say that quietly as I'm not gone on Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭nomunnnofun

Thanks I'll see what I can do. Last nights second dress rehearsal was stunning and the atmosphere building up is unbelievable. Despite what some media would tell you, most people are delighted that London is hosting the Olympics.

This morning I took a helicopter tour of the road cycling route and right now I'm in Weymouth looking at the sailing venue.

The rest of the team from Ireland, U.K. and the U.S. are all on the torch run today and I hope to be back in London for 3.30 to meet up for the final run in to Hyde Pk. The reports I'm getting are crowds 20 to 30 deep in places.

Its all a far cry from Beijing where I found everything contrived and sterile. In fact this will be my fifth Olympics and already this is up there with Sydney 2000. I say that quietly as I'm not gone on Australia.

Hope you don't find me rude for asking this but what do you do ( and where can I get your job )?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nevsky

Hope you don't find me rude for asking this but what do you do ( and where can I get your job )?

I'll answer this one as I know him and he gave me an opportunity last year. Leincar is a director and head of sponsorship for a U.S. multi-national.

Before that he was head of Event Management for the same company. About 18 months ago through boards he gave me a internship in the London office as I couldn't find work in event management. After 6 months I was taken on full time and next year I will transfer to Leincar's office in Atlanta.

He has also hired 2 people recently from Ireland. He advertised these jobs at first on Boards(this thread I think) One of the people he hired is from Carlow(Bagnelstown) the other from Dublin. We are all having the time of our lives here in London.

This is the equivalent of a day off for me as I've been on the Torch relay for 70 days. Today I just have to make sure that Leincar's wife and family get to the stadium for the opening ceremony. Otherwise I'm a dead man.

Leincar right now is schmoozing with the good and the great.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

nevsky wrote: »
    I'll answer this one as I know him and he gave me an opportunity last year. Leincar is a director and head of sponsorship for a U.S. multi-national.

Before that he was head of Event Management for the same company. About 18 months ago through boards he gave me a internship in the London office as I couldn't find work in event management. After 6 months I was taken on full time and next year I will transfer to Leincar's office in Atlanta.

He has also hired 2 people recently from Ireland. He advertised these jobs at first on Boards(this thread I think) One of the people he hired is from Carlow(Bagnelstown) the other from Dublin. We are all having the time of our lives here in London.

This is the equivalent of a day off for me as I've been on the Torch relay for 70 days. Today I just have to make sure that Leincar's wife and family get to the stadium for the opening ceremony. Otherwise I'm a dead man.

Leincar right now is schmoozing with the good and the great.

That's the gayest thing I've read all day. Sounds like you have an ikkle crush

Dboy85 wrote: »

Finally have five minutes to reply. I won't. I'm just about to join in with the biggest piss up I've ever attended. Yes Nevsky will be there. The last I saw of him he was attempting to do things with my girl from Carlow (Bagnelstown).

None of us watching Katie Taylor this evening have ever seen anything like it. As some people here on Boards will know, I've not missed a major international sporting event since 1996.

Tonight usurped anything I've ever experienced to a point where I became a fan of sport again rather than someone who works in the business of sport.

So the man with the ickle crush is happy, and I hope the Dboy85 with the ickle chip upon shoulder is also happy.

Have to be honest I broke my heart laughing when I read his comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Don't bother posting if this is going to be your attitude.

Moving on, Dealz are opening a branch in Carlow town where Lotts used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Moving on, Dealz are opening a branch in Carlow town where Lotts used to be.

Funny I had heard it was in where jean scene used be, if they are not opening there then who is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

tommycahir wrote: »
    Funny I had heard it was in where jean scene used be, if they are not opening there then who is?

I think its a new EuroShop from what i was told!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bluebell1

It is Euro General who are supposed to be moving into Fairgreen, they also have the store open on Tullow St. The Fairgreen store will be under their brand Euro Giant i believe.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

bluebell1 wrote: »
    It is Euro General who are supposed to be moving into Fairgreen, they also have the store open on Tullow St. The Fairgreen store will be under their brand Euro Giant i believe.....
    Odd for them to be going back in, didnt they own the one that was in where roxy records used to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bluebell1

No they didn't.

jpcarlow wrote: »
    Odd for them to be going back in, didnt they own the one that was in where roxy records used to be?

No that was Euroworld, i think! And they were still under the Roxy's brand!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

An infraction over this? My god any wonder people from Carlow don't hang around here with the overly sensitive ban hammer swinging about. The post was a joke, about another post and not the person, just like the reactions that followed from all of you apes.
    Have to be honest I broke my heart laughing when I read his comment.

Glad someone around here has a sense of humour :p It was a post in jest about the way you wrote and not a personal attack on your character.
    Super-Rush wrote: »
    Don't bother posting if this is going to be your attitude.

I'm sorry I offended you m'lord. I promise I wont do it in future your grace...get a life ffs its a public forum. Maybe the place needs someone who has a better comprehension of moderation and less dry sh1tes like yourself Rush.

No that was Euroworld, i think! And they were still under the Roxy's brand!
    were they? ah my mistake. i enjoyed that store

were they? ah my mistake. i enjoyed that store

Yea i knew a good few people that used to work in there! I quite liked it too!

They need another Euroshop though since the one on Tullow Street is closed! I dont remember what it was called, it was the red one not the €2 one!

Yea i knew a good few people that used to work in there! I quite liked it too!

They need another Euroshop though since the one on Tullow Street is closed! I dont remember what it was called, it was the red one not the €2 one!
    Was handy, there was more walking space in the one in fairgreen than its tullow street competitors

Was handy, there was more walking space in the one in fairgreen than its tullow street competitors

True and its going in where The Jean Scene used to be so id say it will be massive!

True and its going in where The Jean Scene used to be so id say it will be massive!
    and hopefully not full of junk :P

and hopefully not full of junk :P

Its a Euroshop....lets not get our hopes up! :pac:

• Advertisement

Its a Euroshop....lets not get our hopes up! :pac:
    I got a tubs of hair gel in the one that was in fairgreen before, they were massive...they're still going lol

Advertisement