Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Well the first daughter has left for university. I still have four more but the house is strangely empty. Roll on Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Newish shop open on tullow st near AIB. Think it's called dealz seems to be carry a large amount of english stock did not get a chance to go around it.

But the have 4 cans of coke, diet coke or cherry coke for 1.49. picked myself up a case (24 cans) for just under 9 euro. Best price I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

The Jean Scene....

Where was that again>?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

doughef wrote: »
    The Jean Scene....

Where was that again>?

used to be in fair green beside where heatons is and across from mccauleys

tommycahir wrote: »
    used to be in fair green beside where heatons is and across from mccauleys

oh right, thanks..

I was thinking of a shop of the same name that was in the town years ago.. late 80's / early 90's???

I might be wrong though... and I'm thinking Dublin st for some reason?

• Advertisement

oh right, thanks..

I was thinking of a shop of the same name that was in the town years ago.. late 80's / early 90's???

ah OK, well before my time in Carlow anyways :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

oh right, thanks..

The one you're thinking of may have been mentioned in here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055318494

jpcarlow wrote: »
    The one you're thinking of may have been mentioned in here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055318494

Thanks for that.
    I was a contributor to that thread meself but will happily thrawl through it again... some great stuff in it..

Ah well, .. there goes the morning :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I can't find that thread about whats going on in Carlow so forgive this one.

Thursday night, 27th September in the Tavern shall be a gig. Local bands The Mongs and 79Cortinaz will be playing so pop along for some free musics if it appeals to you.

http://last.fm/music/79cortinaz (theres some more free music on there)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭car

Any one know why there are signs up on Ken Blacks Toy Shop saying it will be closed for a few days due to the Ploughing Championship? Seems Odd to be shutting a shop considering the Ploughing Championship is not in Carlow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

car wrote: »
    Any one know why there are signs up on Ken Blacks Toy Shop saying it will be closed for a few days due to the Ploughing Championship? Seems Odd to be shutting a shop considering the Ploughing Championship is not in Carlow!

They may have a stand at it, Juniors looking for toy tractors and the like. Ken probably uses it as an opportunity to grow the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

Apologies if i'm breaking some rules by asking this but does anyone have any idea what was going on last night at the bus park? Fire brigade were there, lights flashing and seemed to have floodlights pointing towards river. This was about midnight last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

possibly a training exercise?

alproctor wrote: »
    possibly a training exercise?

thought that was a possibility alright, didn't really seem to be other services there, but midnight on a saturday is an odd time for it

There is a fuel spill on the M9 at Rathcrogue (J6 - Carlow South exit). The road is currently closed northbound as the incident is cleared. Please drive carefully upon approach.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Duckett's Grove Craft and Gift Emporium

Hey folks FREE carved pumpkin competition tomorrow for kids in Duckett's Grove, come along tomoorrow afternoon, judging is at 4pm. Lots of things to do in Duckett's Grove try out some workshops with the onsite with Nicola Brown and Emma Jane Champly and Madeliene is cooking up some lovely pumpkiny treats all weekend for HALLOWEEEEEEN!!!! Free entry to Duckett's Grove castle with every €5 spent in The Tea Rooms with Madeline, what a spooky place to bring all the family.

Taken from http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/fiverfriday.html

Fine Framers in Graiguecullen offering personalised photo mugs for €5 (RRP €12) www.fineframers.com
    special €5 deals at Sean Murphy Butchers, Hacketstown
    Fitzpatricks Garage on the Dublin Road are offering all assisted jet car washes for €5
    Full Bloom Florists, Sablestown Road, Carlow have a full shelf of gifts reduced to €5
    anybody booking & paying on Fiver Friday can learn traditional mortar techniques at the Traditional Lime Company, Shillelagh Road, Tullow for €5 (normally €50) Queries to 05991 51750 / www.traditionallime.com
    a selection of €5 gifts at Bagenalstown Pharmacy and a €5 gift token with any purchases over €50
    Farm To Fork QualityButcher - 3 SIRLOIN STEAKS €5 OR 2LB OF OUR HOMEMADE SAUSAGES €5 !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Anyone know what work is being done on Pollerton Rd opposite the Pres and Supervalu? I know that field was supposed to be developed when they were building Sandhills. Just wondering what's happening now as there have been diggers and builders in there last few times I've been passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Nead21 wrote: »
    Anyone know what work is being done on Pollerton Rd opposite the Pres and Supervalu? I know that field was supposed to be developed when they were building Sandhills. Just wondering what's happening now as there have been diggers and builders in there last few times I've been passing.

Are they working in there - or is it storage for work being done elsewhere.

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Are they working in there - or is it storage for work being done elsewhere.

Yeah, they're working in there alright, I've seen them digging in there but I don't know what they're doing.

EDIT: Passed by today in daylight and they are building a long wall (about 2/3s length of site) along the inside of the fence

• Advertisement

It is probably a security thing to make it more secure. Travellers break in there sometimes during the summer when there is an influx for a wedding/funeral etc.

I wonder if there is any planning permission sign on the gate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Its just securing the site and doing drainage on it to keep planning premission on it is all thats happening there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

F.M. Auto shut up shop :/

That empty lot is gonna be a big offput for any visitors to the town comin in from that direction

Yeah saw that over weekend...couldn't believe when I saw it. Hadn't heard anything about them closing.

Thwip! wrote: »
    F.M. Auto shut up shop :/

That empty lot is gonna be a big offput for any visitors to the town comin in from that direction

Is that the one on the Dublin Rd - is the petrol garage closed also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Queen-Mise wrote: »

Is that the one on the Dublin Rd - is the petrol garage closed also?

That fitzpatricks your thinking of, fm is on the wex road afaik

Yeah it's in the same retail park as Ken Blacks.

Thanks - I wouldn't have thought they would have a gotten a lot of business out there. It is off the beaten track.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Main road to Rosslare and Wexford from most of the midlands wouldn't exactly be off the beaten track tbh.

• Advertisement

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Main road to Rosslare and Wexford from most of the midlands wouldn't exactly be off the beaten track tbh.

But it is not on the road - it is in the industrial estate to the left. They are a lot busier places around the town and much better locations. I would never have known it was there only for the toy shop.

They are other garages in far better locations that I would drive past 10 times a week.

Advertisement