Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    But it is not on the road - it is in the industrial estate to the left. They are a lot busier places around the town and much better locations. I would never have known it was there only for the toy shop.

They are other garages in far better locations that I would drive past 10 times a week.

Isn't it not visible from the road though? That's all that really matters, if people know it's there then that's half the battle. The problem i had with them was the cars were horrendously expensive, I went in there to view one car and it was easily €2,000 over priced...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

But it is not on the road - it is in the industrial estate to the left. They are a lot busier places around the town and much better locations. I would never have known it was there only for the toy shop.

They are other garages in far better locations that I would drive past 10 times a week.

It's right on the road. Visible from both directions.

It's not going to help the towns image for people using the Wexford road. Then again the four lakes retail park might as well be a graveyard, car park is always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Anyone working in Unum? I've an interview this week and some information would be super.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

any one know the community games fees, im thinking of entering my child for swimming this year, i know it late. is it free to join a local group etc.

also any thoughts on the muscle works gym near farm to fork butchers, opp oscars.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Tempted has shut down
    Best Seller is shutting down tomorrow
    The Candy store is also shutting down

I am the Bad News Goblin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Thwip! wrote: »
    Tempted has shut down
    Best Seller is shutting down tomorrow
    The Candy store is also shutting down

I am the Bad News Goblin

Is it wrong I dont know who/where any of them are

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Owryan wrote: »
    Is it wrong I dont know who/where any of them are

Tempted & Best Seller are both in the Superquinn SC. The Candy Store is at the beginning of Tullow St opp Barracks and where Halifax used to be.

I am not surprised about Candy Store tbh - you can't sell watery, small 99s in the country and expect to stay in business:rolleyes: I only went there once or twice because of that.

Tempted & Best Seller are both in the Superquinn SC. The Candy Store is at the beginning of Tullow St opp Barracks and where Halifax used to be.

I am not surprised about Candy Store tbh - you can't sell watery, small 99s in the country and expect to stay in business:rolleyes: I only went there once or twice because of that.

Well I wouldn't have went there for the ice cream as most newsagents do them...I went more for the old style sweets

Didnt see Best Seller surviving with Easons being able to undercut them so easily. Still though I dont like seeing book shops close

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Pity to hear about Bestseller.On the upside, there's a new petshop opened on Bridewell lane-Davey's Pets.

Pity to hear about Bestseller.On the upside, there's a new petshop opened on Bridewell lane-Davey's Pets.

Owned by the guy who ran Dave's Jungle in Tullow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

Owned by the guy who ran Dave's Jungle in Tullow

No it's not, I know the couple running Davey's Pets, completely different guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

wtf have the council done to the tullow rd roundabout, disaster waiting to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

hadepsx wrote: »
    wtf have the council done to the tullow rd roundabout, disaster waiting to happen.

Yesterday evening , coming back from "hullah" the car in front of me took the roundabout anti clockwise, sadly something I ve seen all too often .

Warrior011 wrote: »
    No it's not, I know the couple running Davey's Pets, completely different guy.

Really? then i must thump my sources

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

hadepsx wrote: »

Ah but the great big
    LANE
    IN
    GET

painted on the road will solve all the problems......

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Def not Dave from Dave's Jungle, but another Carlow native.

The roundabout at Lidl is certainly a disaster, road marking changed, could do with on of those moveable signs until people realise markings are changed.

Saw a car smack into the back of a tractor there last night. Car just flew through the roundabout without checking what was ahead and you dont need to watch Transformers to know who would win in a fight between a car and a tractor

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Seen a cyclist get hit there last Friday. Guy in the left lane went straight like it used to be and the cyclist got clobbered in the other lane. He wasn't hurt but only by luck. Disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 16 The Drunk Accountant

Yeah have to say im always a bit nervous going through that roundabout these days

Well of course you are...you're drunk

• Advertisement

But normally the drink settles me...no drink is enough for that roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Saw a car smack into the back of a tractor there last night. Car just flew through the roundabout without checking what was ahead and you dont need to watch Transformers to know who would win in a fight between a car and a tractor

I never seen a transformer who was a tractor :S #muddled

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

stick-dan wrote: »
    I never seen a transformer who was a tractor :S #muddled

well you have not lived , no way this is a rip off.... it's the real deal

DSC05029_Construction_Combiner_Tractor.jpg

Better picture

27339340-uk-toy-discussion-image_robot-transformer-traktor-merah.jpg

That transformer is very disappoint..its just not threatening in anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

well you have not lived , no way this is a rip off.... it's the real deal

DSC05029_Construction_Combiner_Tractor.jpg
    Better picture

27339340-uk-toy-discussion-image_robot-transformer-traktor-merah.jpg

Well f3ck me sideways! I never thought i'd see the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

this is Carlow related by proxy as A) Im in it, and B) twas my idea. I say by proxy since Im a blow in.

Featuring Barry Fitzgerald from Ghost Hunters International

http://vimeo.com/thelegendseekers

BBC and SyFy are looking at it at present

Something that is winding me up a LOT lately.

Driving from Ballon towards carlow on the N80 - the junction for the Fenagh road - Every single car that comes to that junction just drives through the stop and on to the hard shoulder, which narrows very quickly and forces these cars onto the road in front of traffic.

Accident waiting to happen imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Something that is winding me up a LOT lately.

Driving from Ballon towards carlow on the N80 - the junction for the Fenagh road - Every single car that comes to that junction just drives through the stop and on to the hard shoulder, which narrows very quickly and forces these cars onto the road in front of traffic.

Accident waiting to happen imo.

This has been happening for years and drives me mental aswell, have nearly been in a few accidents cos of it myself where people have misjudged the speed of me on the main n80 or pulled out into the n80 from hard shoulder with out looking behind them or joined the main road at the white line doing 40 mph

And while I'm on a rant the amount of times I get stuck behind somebody doing 40 mph on that road is ridiculous, worse than most other roads I've been on.

• Advertisement

tommycahir wrote: »
    This has been happening for years and drives me mental aswell, have nearly been in a few accidents cos of it myself where people have misjudged the speed of me on the main n80 or pulled out into the n80 from hard shoulder with out looking behind them or joined the main road at the white line doing 40 mph

And while I'm on a rant the amount of times I get stuck behind somebody doing 40 mph on that road is ridiculous, worse than most other roads I've been on.

I do that road from the M9 to Ballon 4/5 times every week, and it's by far the most infuriating stretch of road I drive on a regular basis.

Advertisement