Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

it being cystic fybrosis awareness week, theres fundraising for cystic fybrosis ireland tomorrow (friday 19th) in fairgreen shopping centre, any donations greatly appreciated. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Syndicate from Borris win €350k in Lotto Plus 2 tonight - 12 people share pub lotto

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Scragg's Alley now closed weekdays? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Drunk man outside Lidl today shouting at people going in to "DIE!!".... tad offputting when I wanted my ice cream

*written while eating said ice-cream :P

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Hey all, anyone know if there is something on in the town park tomorrow thought I saw a poster somewhere about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Possibly the Carlow regatta, also think I seen a poster related to it saying Sharon Shannon and band were playing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Yep, Carlow Regatta is always on whit Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

tommycahir wrote: »
    Possibly the Carlow regatta, also think I seen a poster related to it saying Sharon Shannon and band were playing..

sharon shannon and the fireworks etc is next saturday as part of the arts festival

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Am a little saddened to see Éigse had been rebranded as "Carlow Arts Festival."

Am a little saddened to see Éigse had been rebranded as "Carlow Arts Festival."

likewise! It'll probably attract more people under the new name though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

patrickc wrote: »
    sharon shannon and the fireworks etc is next saturday as part of the arts festival

Hey whats the story on the fireworks?? never heard about them and read some booklet yesterday. when and where they on

Edit: Saw it on the site. 10.30 saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Brilliant atmosphere around the town yesterday. Firstly a great day in the park thanks in no small part to the fire brigade who were very popular with my kids esp when they were allowed spray the river with the hoses.

Later on a great buzz at the Sharon Shannon concert and the barrow track was only packed for an amazing fireworks display.

Well done to all involved

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

anyone know what a pint costs in the rugby club? same as the rest of town?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

starting a Carlow Ghost Walk in september ... dooo dee dooo doo. Dublin has one, so dammit, so should Carla!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

maccored wrote: »
    starting a Carlow Ghost Walk in september ... dooo dee dooo doo. Dublin has one, so dammit, so should Carla!

Great idea would like to go on one.

first one is booked out but if it goes without any hitches then there'll be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mickeyodee

Lads,where is naomh moling hurling club???

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mickeyodee

also naomh brid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

It's Leighlinbridge's hurling team. They play at the leighlinbridge GAA grounds in Ballinaboley. Do you need directions to the ground?.

Above is Naomh Brid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

ken wrote: »
    It's Leighlinbridge's hurling team. They play at the leighlinbridge GAA grounds in Ballinaboley. Do you need directions to the ground?.

Above is Naomh Brid.

Naomh Brid dont play in Ballinaboley anymore. They play at the Superbowl, across from the Mace shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Anybody happen to have a dog kennel they dont want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Any truth in the rumour Weatherspoons have bought the John Tyndall?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭nomunnnofun

Hadn't heard that. Actually, wasn't even aware they were in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Hadn't heard that. Actually, wasn't even aware they were in Ireland.

They've recently bought some pubs in Dublin (4 afaik).
    Not sure if there's any truth in the JT rumour. Was talking to someone in town at the weekend and they told me about it then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

They were looking for prices of fixing up a place in town about 6 weeks ago but not sure if they picked a place or if they are coming. There was one publican doesnt want them in town.

iano.p wrote: »
    They were looking for prices of fixing up a place in town about 6 weeks ago but not sure if they picked a place or if they are coming. There was one publican doesnt want them in town.

I think we all know who that is, Them coming to town would be one of the best things to happen to the place. Get rid of that monopoly/buddy system that seems to be operating.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It would be nice to see something different pub wise in this town, Can imagine alright one person wouldn't be happy with a big chain opening here and can imagine a few roadblocks would be put in place as has been seen with other pubs and nightclubs trying to open in the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thinks too much

wetherspoons are a huge company with an income of £1.2 billion and 26000 employees...good luck to anyone trying to put a roadblock in their way. I would happily welcome them to Carlow. They wont be everyone's cup of tea but they will at least give us an alternative to the same old same old that all the local pubs have been throwing at us for years at ridiculous high prices. I hope it is true that they are coming.

Advertisement