Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

I would happily welcome them to Carlow. They wont be everyone's cup of tea but they will at least give us an alternative to the same old same old that all the local pubs have been throwing at us for years at ridiculous high prices. I hope it is true that they are coming.

I've used weatherspoons loads, always good food at a reasonable price and plenty of ale choices for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ganger

Heard the John Tyndall was the new wetherspoons,, is it true?....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,614 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ganger wrote: »

I don't know how true it is. But it seems to be the place everyone I know has heard. But not sure where the story started from.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Seeing reports on Facebook of a high speed chase between a van and a squad car.

Apparently it ended up in an accident outside EPT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

is there a coffee machine at the train station? or somewhere I can grab a coffee while waiting for the train?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

is there a coffee machine at the train station? or somewhere I can grab a coffee while waiting for the train?

Yeah there is a new shop open there this week. I use to go to gala at leos school for coffee before the train

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

thats what I ended up doing but the shop looked decent. actual food instead of chocolate bars and crisps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Canadian molsen: ok lager bit sweet for me. have 3 buy one get one free vouchers. pints are 3.90 in scraggs so 6 pints for under 12 euro. Anybody wants them let me know. Need to be used by next friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

ganger wrote: »

Heard it's gonna be the new abrakebabra , it's the owner of the current one on barrack street bought the building not wetherspoons .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Charity single from Carlow band 79Cortinaz

1452073_547214782013982_1435230657_n.png

We filmed this in Carlow last Friday night. S ee if you can guess what road it is thats speeded up about 1 min 30 secs in ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I think it is the one going out past the golf range behind swimming pool.

The band have a lovely sound. Really like it.

(might also being the road that goes out past the par 3 at Quinagh - although my money is the first)

nope. Technically its in Laois, but its a little side road that runs between two other, bigger roads. Theres a clue.

All the proceeds go to charity - plus its only 99c ... thats cheap for a song, when you think of it. Its been getting some nice mentions:

http://www.hotpress.com/79-Cortinaz/news/LISTEN-79-Cortinaz-single-for-cancer-care/10575432.html
    http://frequency-ireland.webs.com/apps/blog/show/38885124-79cortinaz-snowsmoke-serenade-charity-single-
    http://www.thelifeofstuff.com/index.php/snowsmoke-serenade-christmas-2013-charity-single-from-79cortinaz/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Is it the road you turn up for the Mall Pub on the Castlecomer Road?

Ok - It is the back road to Athy, that goes out from Dunnes roundabout, and goes past Knockbeg.

nope to both - though the mall one would probably be the closest guess so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Anyone know what the deal is with the cars parked in the old petrol station site on Green Lane ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Owryan wrote: »
    Anyone know what the deal is with the cars parked in the old petrol station site on Green Lane ?

Think they're for sale by the chap that works on the cars just up the road across from the old ESB place

Owryan wrote: »

They are all for sale the cullen brothers across the road own them. they are going to be building a new work shop and show room next year

Cheers, that was what I was thinking but saw no prices

Looking for a new(er) car so must have a nosey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Raheenleigh water treatment plant suffered a lightning strike.May cause disruption to water supplies in Ballon, Myshall, Kildavin - Clonegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

racso1975 wrote: »
    Raheenleigh water treatment plant suffered a lightning strike.May cause disruption to water supplies in Ballon, Myshall, Kildavin - Clonegal

Water was off around ballon from 11 last night so I guess that was related to that and could well be off again tonight..

jesus just back from the doctors and parked in royal car-park, I would have been better parking in the damn swimming pool in graigue (actually in it, not at it) for a multistory car park the amount of pools of water there is ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭rule supreme

Has anyone any idea why they raised and made bigger that roundabout in tullow as you are leaving tullow heading towards carlow or castledermot . All the lorries with trailers have to now drive over the top of it because its to tight for them to stay on the road .Crazy planning who ever did it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

It's not finished yet. Kerbs are also very high. I would imagine the new surface will be higher to accommodate this.

from Carlow map alerter

There will be major delays and severe restrictions to traffic on the Thomas Traynor road in Tullow all next week (Monday10th to to Friday 14th March to facilitate macadam surfacing of the road and use of the diversions is strongly recommended and only local access on Thomas Traynor road will be in operation during this period.

Does anyone know where I can get the large tins of Nescafe or Kenco in Carlow.

Can't find anywhere that sells them since Swans has shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Can't help you there I'm afraid but why did Shaws close does anyone know?

The cash and carry on the tullow road sell them cant think of its name.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,614 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get the large tins of Nescafe or Kenco in Carlow.

Can't find anywhere that sells them since Swans has shut.

Hasn't Swans just moved out to Strawhall they just closed on Tullow street.

• Advertisement

Value centre do or at least used to and perrys should have them. Whether you can still go in without an account I dont know. Things have been tightening up in that area.

Advertisement