Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Houston Rockets winning streak

• 13-03-2008 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

So they're up to 20 and now joint 2nd in the overall winning streak list. However their "dominant" centre Yao Ming has been missing for about half of those games. They have beaten some good teams in this streak too - Denver, Dallas, Golden State, Cleveland & Chicago.

If it were me in the GM chair, I'd be inclined to start thinking trade for the future or else get in someone to compliment T-mac. Just wondering what your thoughts are.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

Uh, Chicago? Nope, not a good team, not even close.

Also, tread deadline is passed, so unless there's some unsigned superstar center knocking around, they are pretty much stuck with what they have. Their role players have been playing extremely well lately, and considering Yao is due back in the summer, I don't really see any way other than trying to get the best out of the team they currently have.

It's a huge streak they've gone into, if they can keep that style and tempo of play up to the playoffs they're in with a good shout.

They've needed those wins though that they've gotten. It pretty much puts them a-top of the southwest division but it's gonna go right to the wire for a lot of teams. There's a whole bunch of teams on 40-45 wins in the west currently.

Phil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 earljustine

The rockets are really looking very good even if Yao is out. I hope they will really make it to the nba finals.

Rockets vs Lakers tomorrow ... should be a good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Roll on the next game. :pac: 23?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

my celtics will end this run this week :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jeff42

:(
    what a shame,
    Rockets lost two games now after the winning streak!

And plenty of potential to lose the next two. They knew they had a hard stretch coming with the Lakers, Celtics, New Orleans gone by and Golden State and Phoenix coming up. Another two games and then the Spurs. They need to turn this around pretty quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Well they won a tough one tonight against Golden State in a playoff like atmosphere so you could say thats half the battle fought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

They wouldn't want to have themselves a 'Patriots' season.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭co_co

Houston lost its first game in the first round of playoff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement