Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which to buy

Options
  • 13-03-2008 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Was looking at picking up a new game, I was looking at Avencast - rise of the mage or Warhammer 40000 Soulstorm, have any of you gotten these, which one should I pick up ?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd never even heard of Avencast, but it got some decent reviews (69% on metacritic). If you like RPG's, then go for this. Soulstorm is a (standalone?) expansion pack for Dawn of War, do if you liked the first one, then you'll like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Yea I have Dawn of war and Dark crusade which I Like and have winter assault in the post so I'm defiantely going to pick it up at some stage so I'll have all of them :) but Avencast caught my eye while browsing and like you say it got some good reviews ah decisions decisions

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

My brother was telling me you can just instal Soulstorm and pop in the CD keys from the other games to get all races playable in it. Handy trick! Must get a copy of it soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Kharn wrote: »
    My brother was telling me you can just instal Soulstorm and pop in the CD keys from the other games to get all races playable in it. Handy trick! Must get a copy of it soon...

Only if you want to use the other races in multiplayer. If your going for single player you don't even need to do anything :) At least that's what the pop up says, input code to use <whatever races> in multiplayer.

It's good so far, more of the same stuff from Dark Crusade, just more of it to crush under the boots of my marines.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Sins of a solar Empire is also supposed to be good. Got it at just haven't got around to playing it yet.

Penumbra: Black Plague is also fairly good, it's a first person explorer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i have all the warhammer games.... well worth a buy if your a RTS fan like me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Sins of a solar Empire is also supposed to be good. Got it at just haven't got around to playing it yet.

Make sure you have a couple of days set aside per game, it's a bit like playing 20 games of Homeworld at once. Thank god it autosaves.

Advertisement