Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change name

Options
  • 13-03-2008 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi Guys,
    Just wondering how one changes one's user name?

cheers,
    A
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

You'd need to subscribe to do so. No other way to do so I'm afraid.

Otherwise you'll be a newbie forever. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

**newbie** wrote:
    Despite my apparent efiminate screen name...I'm a bloke...how ppl assume that this name seems efiminate is beyond me :confused:
    It's the asterisks on either side of it - very girlie. Once you've subscribed, head over the Help Desk and request the name change there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Agamemnon wrote: »
    It's the asterisks on either side of it - very girlie. Once you've subscribed, head over the Help Desk and request the name change there.
    Or the super sekrit subscriber's forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 **newbie**

screw that..not payin...guess I will have to live with it...
    actually doesnt really bother me...I never knew asterix are considered girlie...guess you learn something new about the nerd world everyday:p

• Advertisement

**newbie** wrote: »
    actually doesnt really bother me...I never knew asterix are considered girlie...guess you learn something new about the nerd world everyday:p

Definitely girly, it's because they look like stars/snowflakes/sparkles.

And it doesn't bother you? Really? Your avatar and signature weave a different tale.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The asterix wouldnt be the issue for me, but Id hate to be called a newbie forever. And I knew you were a bloke OP, dont worry. I could smell the testosterone from here.

Ladies Lounge ->

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

smashey wrote: »
    Or the super sekrit subscriber's forum.
    LOL, I never even saw that and my month's subscription is almost up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I dont think there is anything wrong with being called newbie. Fight the nerd speak OP and keep it! Although drop the ** though, its a bit newbie.

(see what i did there?)

PS. there is nothing wrong with subscribing to boards if you use it regularly. Its cheap too.

• Advertisement

Agamemnon wrote: »
    LOL, I never even saw that and my month's subscription is almost up.
    He did say it's super sekrit.

Yes, why not subscribe? The perks are amazing. Like the free ****

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

You should try the [noparse][nocensor][/nocensor][/noparse] tags KtK.

You should try the [noparse][nocensor][/nocensor][/noparse] tags KtK.

Oh, thats an old one.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I think the little asterisks look like pigtails coming out of your name. Very girlie.

Expect to see the letter A, S and L frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Even I don't get called a girl. Subscribe, if only to shakes the shackles of teh newb complex.

After this thread, you will probably always be referred to as 'her' and 'she', even if you subscribed and called yourself "PenisMAN"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

I'm afraid you'll just have to subscribe to the coke and hookers fund if you want a name change. Why not just reregister with a new username, you don't have much of an epenis anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

After this thread, you will probably always be referred to as 'her' and 'she', even if you subscribed and called yourself "PenisMAN"
    But with a subscription, he/she would have access to sex & sexuality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Definitely girly, it's because they look like stars/snowflakes/sparkles.

And it doesn't bother you? Really? Your avatar and signature weave a different tale.

Just saw the sig, what does "efiminate" mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Aye, he's a bit off the mark alright ...

ef·fem·i·nate (ĭ-fĕm'ə-nĭt) pronunciation
    adj.

1. Having qualities or characteristics more often associated with women than men.
    2. Characterized by weakness and excessive refinement.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

**newbie** wrote: »
    screw that..not payin...guess I will have to live with it...

Also, DeVore will love you for saying that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Christ, you get so much for free here and you wouldnt even put a tenner towards the site? Sorry, but thats just being tight if you ask me.

Its worth it for the lolcats alone. I feel guilty it took me so long to subscribe given I virtually grew up with Boards (but that's because I was too lazy to figure out how simple paypal is)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

the second i get some money (perhaps two weeks, fingers crossed) im subscribing. yes yes.

Advertisement