Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useful Suppliers for Emergency Services - Sticky Request

• 13-03-2008 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭

Can we organise a sticky for a list of useful suppliers - NOT advertisements, just a list of places where people buy their personal kit?

I know this is standard practice in most other boards to provide information without infringing on the commercial restrictions in the standard charter, something I understand and agree with entirely.

I'm thinking of things like turn-out kit, uniform items/upgrades, PPE, technical kit, first-aid/med suppliers etc.

I've a list almost ready to go, but will await moderator approval before posting of course.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I like this idea!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I like this idea!:)

+1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Bear in mind that we already have a stickie 2nd from the top called "Emergency Services Links" - I wonder would what you're suggesting fit in there under a new heading, or even under the Miscellaneous heading?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

if put into links prob best to have its own heading.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

So something like:

Emergency Services Suppliers
    or
    Emergency Services Supplies
    or
    ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Yeah, I'd go with the first one there PSNI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

If someone posts a list and then subsiquent posts and links could be incorporated into the first post???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

psni wrote: »
    So something like:

Emergency Services Suppliers
    or
    Emergency Services Supplies
    or
    ???

Defo go for the first one.

OK then.

1. Go here
    2. Post the link you want me to add under the Emergency Services Suppliers heading in the Emergency Services Links sticky.
    3. I will move your link there as soon as I see it.

Thanks.

Advertisement