Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mmm pancakes

Options
  • 13-03-2008 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

Just had the centre bar pancakes. Very good. Better than elements which I suspect not to be freshly made.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Just had the centre bar pancakes. Very good. Better than elements which I suspect not to be freshly made.
    Pancakes???????
    What toppings/sauce etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Pancakes???????
    What toppings/sauce etc?

You just created a monster Princess....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I haven't have them yet but the pancakes are available before lunch in the morning. There's a few A4 posters advertising this in the bar.

boneless wrote: »
    You just created a monster Princess....:p
    Empires will rise and march across the face of the world. Cities shall burn, women shall weep, as my reach extends to infinity, and vast caravans, laden down with sugar, butter, nutella and other riches, shall make their way through burnt and salted fields, back to UCD, to sate my appetite for the pancake.

They do not realise the leviathon that they have awoken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Tan Princess

Pancakes???????
    What toppings/sauce etc?
    yeah really good ones i had a banana one. Yum. They're on in the afternoon too from 3pm although it doesn't say it on the posters. I think afternoon is a better pancake time.

The coffee is gross though unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Coffee is gross at the best of times IMO. Actually scratch that, there is no best time when it comes to coffee, all times are incredibly bad. But pancakes... this I must investigate :D What kinda prices are we talking?

€1.50 with lemon & sugar and €2.50 with bananas pretty good.

Scratch the lemon and you're talking!

It seems that the pancakes are only available in the morning from 10.35am to 11ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 polevault

Are those really rude and ignorant people still working in 911. havent been in there in a while. they used to grump at me and stuff when i used to ask for a simple chicken fillet roll.

• Advertisement

polevault wrote: »
    Are those really rude and ignorant people still working in 911. havent been in there in a while. they used to grump at me and stuff when i used to ask for a simple chicken fillet roll.

That has nothing to do with this thread, except by the mighty stretch of both being related to food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 polevault

Those pancakes are good though. You need to get one of the flapjacks(caramel) out of the vending machine in the sports centre and break it up in to it. nnmmmm now thats nice. i did it one really wet morning when i was feeling sorry for myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Has anyone tried vanilla ice-cream in pancakes?? Sounds awful but....it works really well!! Yum!!:D
    Anyone else have pancake concoctions??

Chakar wrote: »
    It seems that the pancakes are only available in the morning from 10.35am to 11ish.

Well I asked them and they said also from 3pm to 7pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

polevault wrote: »

I would too if I spent my day making up rolls and coffee for students :D

Well I asked them and they said also from 3pm to 7pm...

I smell discrimination. I went down there for my lunch intending to have it with the pancakes and the guy said it was only available in the morning. He gave me a leaflet as well confirming this.

BlackMamba wrote: »
    Has anyone tried vanilla ice-cream in pancakes?? Sounds awful but....it works really well!! Yum!!:D
    Anyone else have pancake concoctions??
    Blueberries, blueberry ice cream, blueberry syrup. Called the 'Royal Blueberry', available in Les 2 Alpes, France :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Tecnically what I dig is a crepe but a complet; cheese, ham and a barely cooked egg. Yum Yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

I got all excited until I realized that these aren't American-style pancakes, but I guess they'll have to do. Anything with sugar... *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Elements have American style pancakes Penny, just get down there before 11:45

• Advertisement

The American ones are lovely, although it's hard to put stuff in them (except for the blueberries and stuff they have cooked into them, mmmmmm! You may have gathered I like blueberries!)

You can do more with the French crepe type though.

I don't know, if you're making them yourself you can do LOADS of things with American pancakes. Actually, you can put pretty much anything in them, and for much of my youth, my mom did. That said, a savory crepe lunch is indeed something to be cherished.

PennyLane wrote: »
    I don't know, if you're making them yourself you can do LOADS of things with American pancakes. Actually, you can put pretty much anything in them, and for much of my youth, my mom did. That said, a savory crepe lunch is indeed something to be cherished.
    Interesting concept which I must investigate further at some point :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I know it doesn't really contribute much - I'm yet to experience the pancakes (plans have been thwarted) - but this is easily one of the best threads ever.

Breezer wrote: »
    Interesting concept which I must investigate further at some point :D

Yeah, you can get pretty creative with whatever happens to be lying around. Oatmeal-cinnamon-walnut-carrot pancakes are way better than they sound. And yogurt or applesauce can be interesting additions to the batter instead of milk or butter (though you have to adjust proportions of other things).

Chakar wrote: »
    I smell discrimination. I went down there for my lunch intending to have it with the pancakes and the guy said it was only available in the morning. He gave me a leaflet as well confirming this.

Well the bloke that told me it was evenings too sometimes wears a chefs hat and he once gave out to me for eating a roll i brought in with me so I presumed he was the boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Breezer wrote: »
    Blueberries, blueberry ice cream, blueberry syrup. Called the 'Royal Blueberry', available in Les 2 Alpes, France :D

:eek:Excuse me while I go to France!!:p

Advertisement