Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot & Quick Food for 60 People

• 13-03-2008 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hallo,

Have 60 people for our wedding party, and we are organising the food ourselves. Having salads, but need to find something hot to serve with the salads! It must be something that is easy to prepare. Open to any ideas!!

Hilfe!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

That yummy broccoli and chicken bake thingy that everyone thinks is so nice. The one you make with campbells soup. I went to a big party recently and my friends mum had made that in advance and then heated it up in the oven before serving. She had salads and bread on a table then. It was yummy.

There's a thread somewhere here recently about it. Let me see if i can dig it up.

EDIT: Voila! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055234802

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A massive pot of chilli con carne, plenty of sour cream & grated cheese to garnish & serve in mini-pitta breads (this saves on washing up too).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

watna wrote: »
    That yummy broccoli and chicken bake thingy that everyone thinks is so nice. The one you make with campbells soup. I went to a big party recently and my friends mum had made that in advance and then heated it up in the oven before serving. She had salads and bread on a table then. It was yummy.

There's a thread somewhere here recently about it. Let me see if i can dig it up.

EDIT: Voila! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055234802

+1

I've had this at so many parties because it's so easy to make for big groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Lasagne - make a hoooge one in one of those roasting trays you get with your oven.
    Moussaka - same as above.
    Stuffed chicken breasts - fill with anything you want (can be filled the day before)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hill Billy wrote: »
    A massive pot of chilli con carne, plenty of sour cream & grated cheese to garnish & serve in mini-pitta breads (this saves on washing up too).

I'd disagree with this on the basis that a LOT of people don't like spicy food, and it's not something you can pick out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

+2 with the pasta bake. Don't forget about the, Ahem, vegetarians!!!:o Good Lord. eat some meat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Faith wrote: »
    I'd disagree with this on the basis that a LOT of people don't like spicy food, and it's not something you can pick out!
    Faith - You don't have to do just one type of dish. A few dishes of different kinds would probably go down better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Quiches and vegtable pies of various sorts are always good - you could make little individual ones in a bun tray if you felt up to it. They'd keep in biscuit tins for a day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Faith - You don't have to do just one type of dish. A few dishes of different kinds would probably go down better.

+1, make both. I is a fan of chile con carne, if made well (I'm sure yours is delicious Hill Billy!)

As said above don't forget about those damn veggies. Maybe as UB says veggie quiche?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, I completely agree. The more choice, the better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement