Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For Sale Stickers

Options
  • 13-03-2008 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Just curious - want to get some 'for sale' stickers for the car in the form of inside the window stick on (sign writing type). Are these sold somewhere or do you have to get them made by a sign writer?

Had hoped halfords or one of those would sell 'for sale' and then a bunch of numbers that you could use to make your contact number .....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd just print out an A4 sheet and affix that to the inside of the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I'm thinking of doing this. Does it yield much quality response?

I'm concerned about advertising my phone number on my car though.

I might have to buy a prepaid sim for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Not sure if halfords do them but i bought them off this guy a few months ago when selling a car. You could contact him and see if he is still doing them. Paid with pay pal and recieved them about 2 days later.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?perpage=15&product=20023&cpage=1&perpage=15&cat=43#poststart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Anan1 wrote: »
    I'd just print out an A4 sheet and affix that to the inside of the window.

Done that - doesnt look at nice and obstructs some visibility (car has poor vis / small windows).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

If you have nice/unusual car it can help in selling, but like anything its luck of the draw .. your next buyer might be walking by your car and if he/she knows its for sale they might be interested as they can see it for themselves and it could just end up a spur of the moment sale.. I've sold one or two of my previous cars this way.
    I find though if you don't put the price on it you'll get asked by all sorts who dont have a clue and it'll wreck your head when they strart offering you advice!
    You could put a hotmail type email address instead of your phone no.

• Advertisement

cbyrne wrote: »
    If you have nice/unusual car it can help in selling, but like anything its luck of the draw .. your next buyer might be walking by your car and if he/she knows its for sale they might be interested as they can see it for themselves and it could just end up a spur of the moment sale.. I've sold one or two of my previous cars this way.
    I find though if you don't put the price on it you'll get asked by all sorts who dont have a clue and it'll wreck your head when they strart offering you advice!
    You could put a hotmail type email address instead of your phone no.

Its a Porsche 944 S2, so unusual enough. I think it looks neater and nearly more professional than a printed page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Chaz wrote: »
    Its a Porsche 944 S2, so unusual enough. I think it looks neater and nearly more professional than a printed page.

It certainly does look neater.... But IMO, these stickers often look too neat i.e. They don't stand out at all.

Print up a nice Tidy A4 Sign with For Sale written on it in large Red Letters.

Then in smaller letters, (i.e. Small enough that you would have to go up to it to read it) some details like phone number and asking price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

BnA wrote: »
    Print up a nice Tidy A4 Sign with For Sale written on it in large Red Letters.

Then in smaller letters, (i.e. Small enough that you would have to go up to it to read it) some details like phone number and asking price.

Yup I agree, I use this approach, big bold font 'FOR SALE' and then my num and asking price. If they are interested enough they will come up and look at the smaller details.. without having to stop or ring you so you should only get genuine callers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

It carsireland I think that offer you an add for free and also the ability to apply for a free sticker, which arrives in the post. Looks good to !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Chaz wrote: »
    Done that - doesnt look at nice and obstructs some visibility (car has poor vis / small windows).
    Take it off when you're driving.;)

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote: »
    Take it off when you're driving.;)

Stick, remove, unstick, stick, remove, stick etc. Looks tatty.

or

Just get nicely signwritten stickers in the correct place :-)

Advertisement