Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom/Slow Dublin North Main/No support after 10pm

Options
  • 13-03-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm getting very slow speeds after 10PM - 70kbs on a 2MB package. Anyone else connected to Eircom via Dublin North main experiencing this?

Problem is eircom support closes at 10PM. I've contacted Eircom support during the day, when everything is working fine, and they've told me there is nothing they can do because its happening after 10PM and there's no one there to take a look at whats going on. Now thats service :(

Jim.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

They can do something just whoever you got talking too is lazy. Ask them to talk you through the usual trouble shooting (do the obvious yourself make sure you're not running torrents or anything, if it's a wireless connection change the security in case a neighbour is hogging up your line) and after that run speed test results yourself and call back the next day. Depending who you get they may send it on if it's a daily problem or it might just be down to your contention rate

Advertisement