Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday nights?

Options
  • 13-03-2008 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey all,

I've just come to Dublin from Australia, and keen to go out tonight. Can anyone tell me some places with cheap drinks (no job yet) around temple bar area? I'm 22, so looking for somewhere with plenty of people (girls :D) around my age.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

The Czech Inn on Parliament St. Opposite Zaytoon (kebab place).
    Good beer, dance floor. I always enjoy it. Either you love it or hate it. Also, they have jazz music upstairs sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭patrickc

andirect wrote: »
    Hey all,

I've just come to Dublin from Australia, and keen to go out tonight. Can anyone tell me some places with cheap drinks (no job yet) around temple bar area? I'm 22, so looking for somewhere with plenty of people (girls :D) around my age.

Cheers.

cheap drinks in temple bar, keep dreaming

girls theres any amount of hussies floating about temple bar, and you prob wouldnt need to be drinking to get them;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 andirect

Oh I just mean in that area of town, not necissarily in temple bar. Also keep in mind im on my own hehe so places where it's easy to meet people would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Oh I just mean in that area of town, not necissarily in temple bar. Also keep in mind im on my own hehe so places where it's easy to meet people would be great!

If your looking for places to meet people try the shopping centres, join a club go to church, go to AA meetings, join rallies or lastly just take drugs and hang around on the boardwalk asking for "any change bud"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 andirect

Thanks for your input.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your input.

no, no thank you kind sir for taking the time out of your busy schedule to thank me for my input!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Hey all,

Cheers.

That's a helluva long way to come for a pint, I'm impressed!:D
    Rob_l wrote: »
    no, no thank you kind sir for taking the time out of your busy schedule to thank me for my input!

Play nice;)

OP you will get a lot of piss taken in here it's that kind of place so take it in the spirit it's meant! As for places to go, there are plenty, the foggy dew, The Long Haul, Mulligans in Poolbeg St for a great pint of the black stuff, just have a wander around and you will find somewhere. As for cheap drink I'm afraid that no such thing exists in this town!

That's a helluva long way to come for a pint, I'm impressed!:D

Play nice;)

OP you will get a lot of piss taken in here it's that kind of place so take it in the spirit it's meant! As for places to go, there are plenty, the foggy dew, The Long Haul, Mulligans in Poolbeg St for a great pint of the black stuff, just have a wander around and you will find somewhere. As for cheap drink I'm afraid that no such thing exists in this town!

OP if that is your real name!
    if your looking for a pub in Dublin and cant find one you should get your eyes checked there are loads, I see them all the time everywhere I go sometimes two or three to a street and then theres temple bar :mad:
    or check out this web****e http://www.dublinpubscene.com/ somehow it knows where they all are!
    As for good places to go well that all depends on the person you are(perhaps lacking humour eh go on go on admit) and the people you are with and then to a lesser extent how much money your going to spend on vodka and redbull at 2:25 in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Also, keep an eye out for threads about upcoming boards beers. Always a good night out and you'll meet lots of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

OP we are going out on Sunday, (details here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055252242 scroll to bottom for location details) you would be welcome to join us. Any of us will PM you our number if you would like . Oh and anyone else is welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Lilym

I would suggest going to a meet up. Keep an eye on the threads,At the meet up you meet loads of new people.Give it ago:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

OP if that is your real name!
    if your looking for a pub in Dublin and cant find one you should get your eyes checked there are loads, I see them all the time everywhere I go sometimes two or three to a street and then theres temple bar :mad:
    or check out this web****e http://www.dublinpubscene.com/ somehow it knows where they all are!
    As for good places to go well that all depends on the person you are(perhaps lacking humour eh go on go on admit) and the people you are with and then to a lesser extent how much money your going to spend on vodka and redbull at 2:25 in the morning

ROFL the poor man is looking for new friends and some advice regarding a nice and cheap bar in Dublin.
    He knows there is lots of pubs in Ireland, I am not sure the lesson you are trying to teach him is very fair.

I am sure yourself when you went over Australia/USA or any other place, you were a bit lost and a friendly and warm welcome with some piece of advice had been appreciated (Or would have been).

Piece

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

andirect - Welcome to Ireland & BG&RH. As previous posters have said - meet up with the boardsies (DJ Spider & his gang of merry men & wimmins)this weekend or pop along to the next beers outings.

Unfortunately, you'll probably find it quite difficult to find any cheap joints around the Temple Bar area (or Dublin for that matter).
    perhaps lacking humour eh go on go on admit
    Pot, Kettle, etc... ;)
    Good to see that you're trying though Rob. Very trying. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

andirect: fill us in? where did you end up lastnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Moved from BGRH.

I think it is more appropriate here, the OP might not be ready for BGRH humour just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Moved from BGRH.

I think it is more appropriate here, the OP might not be ready for BGRH humour just yet.

You mean we're nicer over here? :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Moved from BGRH.

Weh?

More suited to Dublin City, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

watna wrote: »
    You mean we're nicer over here? :)

No, I mean she is more likely to get a hug and some sound advice, rather than a derogatory remark and a pat on the behind.
    Silverfish wrote: »
    Weh?

More suited to Dublin City, imo.

Up to you, but I just thought all the girlies meet ups you got going one here, it might be more appropriate.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

girlies meet ups

That's what we call the BGRH meetups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Silverfish wrote: »
    That's what we call the BGRH meetups.

Them's fightin words!

• Advertisement

Hill Billy wrote: »
    andirect - Welcome to Ireland & BG&RH. As previous posters have said - meet up with the boardsies (DJ Spider & his gang of merry men & wimmins)this weekend or pop along to the next beers outings.

Unfortunately, you'll probably find it quite difficult to find any cheap joints around the Temple Bar area (or Dublin for that matter).

Pot, Kettle, etc... ;)
    Good to see that you're trying though Rob. Very trying. :p

are you calling me a pot or a kettle or a hybrid pot/kettle device?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Hey all,

Cheers.

I'm a day late, but next week you should definitely go to McGowans in Phibsborough. All drinks are €3.50 and there is a brilliant atmosphere in the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Lilym

Hey Andirect,

Hope your Thursday night went well and you are enjoying your first Patrick's weekend here

L:D

Advertisement