Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a mountain bike (second hand)

Options
  • 13-03-2008 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Am looking to buy a second hand mountain bike for an adult male (supposed to be a birthday present). I dont know much about bikes so dont want a place that will rip me off.

Would anyone have a clue how much one would cost also?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try the classified adverts on the buy n sell or www.limerickpost.ie

Alternatively, try An Shopa Rothar up on O'Connell Avenue, I think he takes used bikes as trade-ins against new ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I don't know if you will save much by going second hand rather than new. The bike shop on O'Connell Ave is really good and the guy in there is always full of god advice. You might be surprised by how cheap new bikes are.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

bazz26 wrote: »
    Try the classified adverts on the buy n sell or www.limerickpost.ie

Alternatively, try An Shopa Rothar up on O'Connell Avenue, I think he takes used bikes as trade-ins against new ones.

The Siopa Rothar is on Broad St. and the shop on O'Connell Ave is the Bike Shop.

There's a thread here about bike shops in Limerick it may be of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

phog wrote: »
    The Siopa Rothar is on Broad St. and the shop on O'Connell Ave is the Bike Shop.

There's a thread here about bike shops in Limerick it may be of some help.

Cheers, I always get those two mixed up.

Advertisement