Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got the game...

Options
  • 13-03-2008 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

...what patches do I need ? I would specially like to have transfers up to date.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Grab patch v8.0.2, which incl Jan 2008 transfers.

Btw, I believe there's a minor bug with Portsmouth, they're paying Spurs £2mil per game for Defoe, or something. In other words, don't pick Portsmouth :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

SofaK wrote: »
    Grab patch v8.0.2, which incl Jan 2008 transfers.

Btw, I believe there's a minor bug with Portsmouth, they're paying Spurs £2mil per game for Defoe, or something. In other words, don't pick Portsmouth :pac:

Can I just go straight for that patch or do I need to get all the ones leading up to it as well ?

Also is it easier to start of managing a division 1 or 2 team rather than premiership ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Tusky wrote: »
    Can I just go straight for that patch or do I need to get all the ones leading up to it as well ?

Also is it easier to start of managing a division 1 or 2 team rather than premiership ?

Yeah just that patch and its not really easier to start with a smaller team every time you get promoted you have to begin rebuilding a new team to first stay in the new division and then try an get promoted when I get a new game I always start with one of the bigger teams until I get used to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

patch 8.0.2 seems to have increased game difficulty somewhat as well. might be worth only installing 8.0.1 until you've got the hang of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

sorry bit of a newbie but is it possible to run/play FM08 whilst also browsing the internet???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

redzerdrog wrote: »
    sorry bit of a newbie but is it possible to run/play FM08 whilst also browsing the internet???
    I think so, you can play it in windowed mode afair. If FM08 is processing your PC might run a little slowly while you browse.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Pick a decent team to start with, nothing grates more then creating a great team at a mediocre club and having the chairman sell all your players.

If ya fancy a championship team , take QPR,15mil transfer budget, just make sure u get them promoted asap tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭netopia789

i have it on the psp fm2008 and if you whant to by and big name player it cast about 15 millum evan if thay cast 28 m

Advertisement