Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

www.getirishnow.com

• 13-03-2008 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

www.getirishnow.com
    This site, is a travesty.
    It is racist and demeaning.
    They even have a "make youself Irish" page.
    If it was a "make yourself a golly" page, there would be uproar

OK, I'm not that angry, but this is a horrible site.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Is that forreal? Its just that when you go into the site your redirected to a www.colgate.com website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

"Macromedia Flash Player Required.

The 'IrishSpring.com' requires the use of the Macromedia Flash Player.
    Please click here to Get Flash"

hmmm. no thanks. Seeing 6thwrap was enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Its not funny but is it really offensive and to who is it offensive people who might take it serious ^ or people who might believe it?
    I was Irish once and I don't think it offends me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Its not really offensive, but its like the Captain Planet in Belfast episode, in that it completely misintrprets us.
    Now, if I go to America, I'm going to feel like I should have a leprauchaun story ready....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Cool

Any excuse to throw this up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Its not really offensive, but its like the Captain Planet in Belfast episode, in that it completely misintrprets us.
    Now, if I go to America, I'm going to feel like I should have a leprauchaun story ready....

What :eek: you dont already have a leprechaun story?

I have not been to America but for Ireland day(read st paddys day) you have to have a leprechaun story I always delight in telling foreign people about the leprechaun who lived at the bottom of my garden and how I didn't get power in my house until my 16th birthday Im only 26 but they all believe me, toora loora la.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Op, the link is spam,

That cartoon is wicked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Don't forget to tell them that we don't have TV over here and the Magic Lantern Man comes around once a month to show us all the fillums from 10 years ago.

It's scary when the Merkins say stuff like "Do you have electricity over there?" "How did you manage to get out with all the bombs?" and my all time favourite "Do you have like cats and dogs there?" (these are all true btw. A nurse in New Jersey asked my sister these q's)

What's even scarier is that years ago (around 1998) I was in Portugal and two English girls were asking did we have television. I said no we just watch leprechaun fights ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

thats freakin hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

And also like that turtles episode in Ireland! Dublin was nothing but green hills. I can still hear the voice of krang in my head "soooo the turtles are in Ireland"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

jebuz wrote: »
    And also like that turtles episode in Ireland! Dublin was nothing but green hills. I can still hear the voice of krang in my head "soooo the turtles are in Ireland"

Linky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

its the same as that elf yourself website, not meant to be taken seriosuly at all. If there was a french yourself site, twould be garlic necklaces, berets etc, just a joke. Accents although computer generated are done by non Irish people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

lol, imagine the uproar there'd be if it was "Make yourself Black".

It's pretty funny anyway. The best part is the text to speech thing. I've been typing in phonetic sounds to try and get it to speak some Irish. Try "cuh nus ataw too" or "on will cad ogum dul guh dee on leh ris" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

obl wrote: »
    Linky?

Don't have a link, I have the episode on my hard drive at home, got it off a mate...probably a bit big to attach here :o

I'm sure you could find a stream out there, if you have the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

From their Irish Lingo section.
    Bollixed adj.
    confused or bungled.

Miss by a Gee Hair expression
    Miss by a very narrow margin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Man, who knew that Séan and Stewart were gay?

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Man, who knew that Séan and Stewart were gay?
    I'm only surprised they didn't open a butchers with all the sausage smuggling going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

On the 'Enter Yer Blarney' section it doesn't let you enter '****' but it does let you say 'feck'.

Surprisingly the Aiden voice sounds a bit Irish. Get him to say 'I work for the national broadcaster, RTE' - sounds about right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    lol, imagine the uproar there'd be if it was "Make yourself Black".

It's pretty funny anyway. The best part is the text to speech thing. I've been typing in phonetic sounds to try and get it to speak some Irish. Try "cuh nus ataw too" or "on will cad ogum dul guh dee on leh ris" :D

There is a site that does that: http://morph.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/Transformer/

heres me before:
    th_lotsallsorts307.png
    and after:
    black.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Carrigart Exile

Its actually in its own marketing way for a showergell recognising the fact that everyone in the world wishes they were Irish. Congratulations, you are a global brand:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

1. Remove pole 4-be-4 from ass arse.
    2. Relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

jebuz wrote: »

The funny thing is that the cartoon was actually made in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

What's the deal with the British Royal Guard furry hat :confused: So American, they even threw in a few random black people so not too upset anybody :p Muppets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Meh

This country will be full of people dressed like leprechauns this weekend. Colgate got it spot on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

I like it, the guy is kinda funny, even if his accent is slightly off...

Can't place whether he's an American doing Irish, or Irish attempting to sound American.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MCMLXXXIII

It's totaly American...the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

A culture obsessed with trying to be like everyone else.

Hey, at least the Irish have the reputation of being hygenic - it could have been an advertisement for something much worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I buy that brand everytime I'm over there - it's a laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Great site for turning that guy into a tranny. I gave him lovely curlers, a nice dress and some lipstick.

He looks like Shirly Temple Bar.

Advertisement