Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a seqeul to Stephen Kings IT ?

Options
  • 13-03-2008 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

I saw in Spain a book "IT II" by Stephen King ??

but can't find it anywhere online ???

maybe it was 'IT II' by Stephern Kiing , or some other way of getting you to
    buy the book ,,

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Could have been a book based on some TV mini series sequel or something.
    But I'm pretty sure King himself never wrote a sequel.

I remember being absolutely being sucked in by that book as a kid.
    Enthralling stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

It was an amazing book, such good character development...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

the ending sucked though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

check king's website he has a lis of every thing he has written on it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Its a pity he hasnt written a book as good since.

He's gone downhill bigtime in the past few years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'd imagine that due to the size of "IT" that it was split across two volumes when published in certain countries. You just happened to see the second volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Damn I was excited by this thread title! I used to be a fan but bar Black House (was ok) I havent read anything of his for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

6th wrote: »
    Damn I was excited by this thread title! I used to be a fan but bar Black House (was ok) I havent read anything of his for years.
    I wouldn't rush out and get any of his new stuff. Cell was closer to his old stuff, but really just a watered down version of The Stand (still my favourite).

In fact I just read one of his Bachman books, and it was pretty weak - felt like a very drawn out short story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

It is actually the american publication of IT as far as i know, different dust jackey to uk version. i have the book at home and always remember thinking it looked like IT II, but there is only one book, its just the way its written on the dust jacket.

'The Dark Tower' series is in essence a second half to IT and all of Sk books and is still up there as one of my favourite series/book. Loved it, loved Roland and am thinking of emmersing myself again in it.
    As a life long sk fan it does kill me to say that his stuff isn't up to much lately, couldn't get into 'Lisseys story', and have bought his new one 'Duma Key', but no matter how many times I read the back, I can't make myself start it.

The stand is also an old favourite would recommened it to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

gogo wrote: »
    have bought his new one 'Duma Key', but no matter how many times I read the back, I can't make myself start it.

That's based on a short story published a while ago. I think King calls it the "first chapter" of Duma Key, but I reckon it's just a money spinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Me thinks your right, i think he peaked with the dark Tower, and was unsure of where he could go from there, and then i got 'the cell' and was thinking this is ok, if a little short. But only got a few chapters into Lisseys story before giving it up as a bad job, maybe think this is what's turning me off duma key, never heard of the 'first chapter' thing before.
    I'd say a lot of his stuff now has been written years ago, as most of his past releases have been, but have a funny feeling that the recent stuff has been left so long for a reason.
    Does anyone remember that e-book he was writing? pay him, not the publishers knida thing, (it was my first interweb purchase:p) and the fecker never finished it.:rolleyes:

Advertisement