Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting so angry ....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Ha! 100? Pffff!

The last one I was at had 200+ for the meal, and 400 for the afters!

Unaton wrote: »
    Ah it's not about the money. We have plenty of it. I just don't like big weddings in general. The brother's wedding had like 100 quests. 100!? Jaysis. The day should be about the bride and the groom and not some family members who throw up on the cake or decide to swim across the river totally s*itfaced. Meh.

And sorry for being kinda off topic.

Ah I know it's not about the money, but it's usually something to consider and the idea of having to pay for a lot of extra guests might have put him off

Indeed, if I ever get married it would be tiny and preferably with minimal alcohol

i was at a wedding once where a very large hotel hall was crammed full of people as guests. i have no idea of numbers, but it was easily far over 100

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Glowing wrote: »
    No, not even, I'm only 27! (and a half, well a fairly big half)

Yea.. u are prime age for these sort of questions..

Dont worry... when u turn past 33 -34.. ppl will be too shy to ask in case you have a "problem"like if being single is a problem or somthing :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Unaton

@ Glowing. 400? I don't even know that many people...

@ Bluewold. Tiny wedding, hardly any alcohol=my dream wedding. One can only dream *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

snyper wrote: »
    Dont worry... when u turn past 33 -34.. ppl will be too shy to ask in case you have a "problem"like if being single is a problem or somthing :rolleyes:

Great! I'll look forward to another 5 years of gritting my teeth and smiling at these interfering busybodies, while I clench my fists behind my back :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I was asked the 'when are you getting married ' question at my cousin's wedding last august. I'm twenty bloody three!! :eek: Bloody hell!
    Just said it's really not on my mind at the moment and won't be for some time!
    Grr.. you'd swear it was the only goal to have in life! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Well I now will have the aul biddies asking me when am I going to get a man to look forward to, its one of my friends weddings soon and I'm newly single so I can't wait for their new line of attack...:rolleyes:
    I'm considering bringing a girl friend with me and letting them gossip away:D

I'll be your lesbian friend!

I was actually thinking about this on the way in to work this morning. When I told my parents I was moving in my bf and that we planned to move to NZ they went mental (This was a year ago). I was defending myself saying that when mum was my age they'd moved off the America together. The response I got was but we were married. There was no thought given to the fact that perhaps we planned to get married but didn't want to do it there and then just to please other people but that we were as comitted as married couples were, without that piece of paper. If we had been married would they have raised no objections?

My OH is visiting his uber conservative relations at the moment and is getting the same stuff. Why aren't you married yet (I don't think they approve of us "living in sin"!), when are you going to get married, don't get married abroad etc.

How about we'll do it when we can afford it and we're ready for it. Why should be do it now to make other people comfortable when the two of us know we plan to do it anyway.

I find it all very strange. This desperate need other people have for us to be official. Even my parents, who really aren't that pushy. We know what we are and that should be enough for everyone else too.

It doesn't really get to me too much. I generally don't think about it but it is very odd. People like this are like Christians, they have this strange need for everyone to believe the same as them, like strength in number or something!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Dammit W you'll be gone!!!!

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Dammit W you'll be gone!!!!

Aww, we'd make a beautiful couple!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

My parents are complete opposite. My mum always said marry in haste repent at leisure. She told all of us, 5 kids, to live with the person before getting married. And to have a long engagement. Out of the 5 of us there are two not married myself and my older brother. But the fecker is giving in and getting married in december. I got engaged two weeks ago now :D:D:D and i have no intention of getting married here. We always said we would go away just the two of us and do it, come back and have a party with the family. Mum and Dad were a bit miffed at it but they have had 2 big weddings and my older bro will be having a smaller one in december. Think its a waste of money tbh!

• Advertisement

Jules wrote: »
    My parents are complete opposite. My mum always said marry in haste repent at leisure. She told all of us, 5 kids, to live with the person before getting married. And to have a long engagement. Out of the 5 of us there are two not married myself and my older brother. But the fecker is giving in and getting married in december. I got engaged two weeks ago now :D:D:D and i have no intention of getting married here. We always said we would go away just the two of us and do it, come back and have a party with the family. Mum and Dad were a bit miffed at it but they have had 2 big weddings and my older bro will be having a smaller one in december. Think its a waste of money tbh!

+1 I don't like big wedding anyway.

Vegas ftw, that's where we're going when we get married.

Advertisement