Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox 360 media question

• 13-03-2008 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

well i got this thing setup and just wondering what exactly it can do?

im using wireless, but could probably connect it by cable if that gives faster speeds.

but just wna know what can you do

it seems to operate very slow moving through the menus.

i can play music and it streams flawlessly.

however i setup so it would also view my movie folder, but on the xbox it wont show the folder up?

perhaps im doing this wrong?

and would it stream flawlessly also, or is it better to cable it?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

It happens with mine too it works with media center but it wont work by just searching folders on my pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Im using with wireless aswell and find it hair pullingly slow. The menu's are unresponsive and buffering takes ages. For some reason though i have no problem playing media straight from the xbox dashboard. Its only when using media centre.

Any tips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I stream movies and music to the Xbox from the PC(wireless) and it works fine. Navigating the music collection can be a little slow at times but it works okay. No reals problems buffering movies apart from HD clips. I'm not using media centre though. Only have XP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

For streaming most kinds of Media, I use TVersity - I only have Windows XP, too. TVersity streams all the formats supported by the 360, and if the format isn't supported it will transcode (convert) it in real time so it can be played on the 360 anyway.

This works OK over wireless, but I have a slower PC (1GHz, 512MB RAM) and it isn't quick enough to do this properly on-the-fly (playback is stuttery). Although if you have any sort of a newer machine (2GHz CPU, 1GB RAM) it should handle it better.

In my setup the supported files work flawlessly (MP3, WMA, WMV, AVI / DivX / XviD) over wireless. Other ones work OK if the file is small enough (FLV files from YouTube), but larger unsupported files (or live internet audio / video streams) don't work so well because of the Slow host PC - a newer one may fair out better.

It still won't allow you to stream protected music bought from iTunes.

Advertisement