Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De Rock

Options
  • 13-03-2008 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Has anyone been in the Rock bar in the basement of De bruns yet, I think I will pop in this weekend for a nosey (hope its not crap as balbriggan needs a bit more variety in it pubs)..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I havent been but I heard its OK, seperate from de-bruns , only access through the side door and good music.
    Local band called the OURZ are playing this weekend(not sure when(friday maybe), so I will dropping in to check it out mesmelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

De Cellar bar, its called.
    Have not been in it. Heard its a laugh. Meant to have a pool table and jukebox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Haven't been in it yet. Sounds like the old basement bar when it was Ennis's during the height of the Oasis/Blur era. Full of "indie" types and usually flooded when it rained :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Chinafoot wrote: »
    usually flooded when it rained :)
    Bring a bottle of flash, it'll make a change to the usual "sticky" floor in most clubs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Hehe, good point :)

Might check it out though some evening after work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭cheridere

Haven't been in it yet. Sounds like the old basement bar when it was Ennis's during the height of the Oasis/Blur era. Full of "indie" types and usually flooded when it rained :)
    I was that soldier:pac:, I think the flooding thingy was sorted
    I was told also downstairs is only opened from Thursday to Sunday. Different management than upstairs also.

Yep, De Cellar is privately leased, independant from the rest of the pub.
    AFAIK, Its open thurs night, fri night,all day sat, and all day sun.
    I'd say all of you lifers know the new leasee, he is a lifer too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Yep, De Cellar is privately leased, independant from the rest of the pub.
    AFAIK, Its open thurs night, fri night,all day sat, and all day sun.
    I'd say all of you lifers know the new leasee, he is a lifer too:D
    no disrespect,heard there was murder a couple of times since opening...loads of undesirables using the place.:(

Ventured in last night. Not bad. Was quiet enough. Hasnt really changed, except for the pool table. I'd go back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Oh the memories, must pop back down and check it out

• Advertisement
Advertisement